Main Street Electrical Parade - Walt Disney World?

bbeagle

DIS Veteran
The Main Street Electrical Parade is ending it's run at Disneyland in California on September 1, 2022.

It seemed like such a short run. Only from April 22, 2022 to September 1, 2022. Just over 4 months. Is there a possibility they are moving it to DisneyWorld later in 2022 or early 2023? I love that parade and the music. I hope they do! The last time it was at Magic Kingdom was October 9, 2016.

This is the list I compiled of when it was in California and Florida:
Disneyland June 17, 1972 - November 25, 1996 (then dismantled)
Magic Kingdom June 11, 1977 - September 14, 1991
Magic Kingdom May 21, 1999 - April 1, 2001 (then sent to California)
California Adventure July 2, 2001 - April 18, 2010 (then sent to Florida)
Magic Kingdom June 6, 2010 - October 9, 2016 (then sent to California)
Disneyland January 20, 2017 - August 20, 2017
Disneyland August 2, 2019 - September 30, 2019
Disneyland April 22, 2022 - September 1, 2022

For the lengthy stays, I don't think they did it the entire time, every night, did they?

Last edited:
They didn't bother to move Paint the Night parade to WDW when they had the option to (because they're cheap), so doubt they'll move MSE over.

Yes, want them to prove me wrong and bring back night parades, but doubt it'll happen. They would also need to add all the lighting down the parade route, which is extra cost that they (do)n't have.

They didn't bother to move Paint the Night parade to WDW when they had the option to (because they're cheap), so doubt they'll move MSE over.

Yes, want them to prove me wrong and bring back night parades, but doubt it'll happen. They would also need to add all the lighting down the parade route, which is extra cost that they (do)n't have.
Paint the Night had issues with costumes. They were too heavy for performers and it was dangerous. Not saying Disney isn't cheap lately, but this particular reason doesn't apply here.

Paint the Night had issues with costumes. They were too heavy for performers and it was dangerous. Not saying Disney isn't cheap lately, but this particular reason doesn't apply here.

Well, couldn't they jsut revamp the costumes? I assume this was for those walking/dancing between floats.

Well, couldn't they jsut revamp the costumes? I assume this was for those walking/dancing between floats.
I'm sure they'll need to if they ever bring it back. I'm just not sure they will bring it back haha. Which sucks cause it was on my top 3 parades :(

I'm sure they'll need to if they ever bring it back. I'm just not sure they will bring it back haha. Which sucks cause it was on my top 3 parades :(

Oh, me too - I LOVE that parade. It's one of my favorite soundtracks to listen to. When I first saw it, I didn't even know that it referenced MSEP so strongly, and I was just delighted as I heard it.

The reason Paint The Night can’t come to Florida is that Mack from the cars unit & the Frozen units wouldn’t be able to clear the turn over the bridge between liberty square & mainstreet among other things

I’d love for msep to move to Florida especially as they spent all that $$ to reskin the finale unit but I doubt they will

Would love an evening parade! I read a rumor on wdwmagic that there was an evening parade planned for Disney's 50th anniversary but it got cancelled due to the pandemic. Would have been awesome!

I'm so psyched I am going to Disneyland soon and will get to see the MSEP.

Would love an evening parade! I read a rumor on wdwmagic that there was an evening parade planned for Disney's 50th anniversary but it got cancelled due to the pandemic. Would have been awesome!

I'm so psyched I am going to Disneyland soon and will get to see the MSEP.
Yep there were rumors of a new parade than budget/pandemic issues than there were rumors paint the night would run in Hollywood Studios but those quickly were squashed

Instead we get a pre parade announcement making it seem like festival of fantasy was new for the 50th when it’s been around for years and is watered down from its initial version at that

It makes too much sense to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the main street electrical parade at the 50th anniversary of magic kingdom so they probably won't do it.
Would have LOVED to see it back for the 50th!
I was so happy to see it the last time it was at WDW. Still one of the best parades they have.

Is there any regulation or law that prohibits having the MSEP at WDW & DLR simultaneously? They already know how it's built, just construct a duplicate.

Is there any regulation or law that prohibits having the MSEP at WDW & DLR simultaneously? They already know how it's built, just construct a duplicate.
They were at both parks at the same time for a long time (1977-1991).

But one of them was dismantled and sold off at auction for fans. So they only have one working set right now.

But one of them was dismantled and sold off at auction for fans. So they only have one working set right now.
I thought the one at WDW was Spectromagic. So similar but different.

The one that's running right now is the original DLR version. The WDW version was sent to DLP when it ended at WDW in the early 90s. DLR's was refurbed and sent to WDW in the late 90s instead of being returned to DLR despite the failure of Light Magic there.

We just came back from DL and loved the electric parade. It just adds some extra magic and excitement for the kids (and kids at heart). The first time we were on the railroad when it was passing by and the characters waved to us. Kids were super thrilled. For the 10:45 parade you could just walk up when the parade started and get a great view.

It does require a lot of CMs to manage and at WDW it runs through Adventureland, but we would love to see it back.

It would be interesting! I have a trip to DL in a few weeks just for the parade! (And Fantasmic!)
While it requires staff to run, it is already "built" so its cheap to just run at WDW in a sense.

It would be interesting! I have a trip to DL in a few weeks just for the parade! (And Fantasmic!)
While it requires staff to run, it is already "built" so its cheap to just run at WDW in a sense.
Staff is never cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter