Main Street Electrical Parade - Walt Disney World?

I agree, though I'd welcome Spectromagic back. I always liked it better.
Unfortunately because of the last time they had the main street electrical parade at Walt Disney world they had to leave Spectromagic outside and the floats ended up falling apart. Hopefully they will come up with something new instead.

They didn't bother to move Paint the Night parade to WDW when they had the option to (because they're cheap), so doubt they'll move MSE over.
There are other issues other than cost involved with moving paint the night part of it is that some of the floats can't make the turn coming of the bridge in liberty square to go around the hub because of the length of them.

It's not old for a lot of people. I've only seen it twice. Once when I was 10, and another time when I was 40. I'd love to see it again. My favorite parade.
I saw Spectromagic twice at Walt Disney world and the main street electrical parade once at Disneyland. Spectromagic was a better parade and was my favorite of the two. With parades or shows you are always going to have one be someone's favorite and it shouldn't mean that we keep one around forever though and not get something new.

I saw Spectromagic twice at Walt Disney world and the main street electrical parade once at Disneyland. Spectromagic was a better parade and was my favorite of the two. With parades or shows you are always going to have one be someone's favorite and it shouldn't mean that we keep one around forever though and not get something new.
This is your opinion, not a fact. I prefer MSEP than Spectromagic for example. I wouldn't be opposed to something new tho.

This is your opinion, not a fact. I prefer MSEP than Spectromagic for example. I wouldn't be opposed to something new tho.
I'm not opposed to something new either but there always seems to be a group of people who have the opinion that the main street electrical parade is the best thing since sliced bread and how dare they have a different night time parade then it. Personally i would like to see it stay at Disneyland and have a different one at the Magic Kingdom.

I'm not opposed to something new either but there always seems to be a group of people who have the opinion that the main street electrical parade is the best thing since sliced bread and how dare they have a different night time parade then it. Personally i would like to see it stay at Disneyland and have a different one at the Magic Kingdom.
That is their opinion then, which is also not a fact, simply an opinion. So they think MSEP is the best thing ever, so what? xD. I simply made a comment on you passing your opinion as a fact. Maybe I'm being silly but folks passing opinions as facts is a gripe of mine. Both are good parades, you can prefer which ever without judging those who prefer otherwise. :)

Now Paint the Night, that one is the best and that's a fact 😉:rotfl:

That is their opinion then, which is also not a fact, simply an opinion. So they think MSEP is the best thing ever, so what? xD. I simply made a comment on you passing your opinion as a fact. Maybe I'm being silly but folks passing opinions as facts is a gripe of mine. Both are good parades, you can prefer which ever without judging those who prefer otherwise. :)

Now Paint the Night, that one is the best and that's a fact 😉:rotfl:
I wasn't saying that my opinion was fact i was just saying that i liked Spectromagic more than the main street electrical parade. I think both parades are fine but going forward it would be nice to see something new. A few days ago I was listening to the Disney Dish podcast with Jim Hill and Len Tessta, it was a few episodes from the end of 2018 and the beginning of 2019, and they were talking about the history of the main street electrical parade and Spectromagic in Walt Disney world. Originally Walt Disney world didn't want to have it because they already have the Electrical Water pageant with the exact same music so when Disneyland Paris was opening up Walt Disney world said why don't you send it there so that they have a parade at night and we can get something new.

Didn't they dismantle Spectromagic and sell pieces of it in a special pin collection? Either way,it ain't coming back and good riddance to those nightmare clown face characters.

Baroque Hoedown is as classic a Disney song as When You Wish Upon a Star, so definitely better music for MSEP. Though typically ones favorite parade is whichever one they saw first.

Reactions: MPD
Didn't they dismantle Spectromagic and sell pieces of it in a special pin collection? Either way,it ain't coming back and good riddance to those nightmare clown face characters.

Baroque Hoedown is as classic a Disney song as When You Wish Upon a Star, so definitely better music for MSEP. Though typically ones favorite parade is whichever one they saw first.
There were photos of pieces of it rotting backstage somewhere. Definitely not coming back.

The baroque hoedown wasn't written by Disney. I honestly don't get why people like it, it's just repetitive electronic music from the 70's.

That's exactly what I love about it. And it doesn't matter who wrote it or for what reason. It's a Disney song now.
And that's what some people hate about it.

I think people here should be open to something new and not to have old parades constantly coming back all of the time. The main street electrical parade has had it's time and it's time for something new to take its place.

And that's what some people hate about it.

I think people here should be open to something new and not to have old parades constantly coming back all of the time. The main street electrical parade has had it's time and it's time for something new to take its place.
I would LOVE a new parade! Heck at this point I'd love any parade at night again!🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter