Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading this tread and thinking about this alot. I cannot help but think this whole cancel thing is going to end up being a negotiating tool for a new contract with Mears. While it is going to be awhile for attendance to come back, there should be an uptick by end of summer, along with an uptick to resort stays. Is Disney really going to go away from trying to keep guests in the Bubble? That would go against their whole philosophy. I really do not think most families of 4 or more will be up for Uber or some other ride share. This is just me thinking on this post, I am no way predicting DME will come back, but it would not surprise me.
and of course they could then advertise "back by popular demand"!

I have been reading this tread and thinking about this alot. I cannot help but think this whole cancel thing is going to end up being a negotiating tool for a new contract with Mears. While it is going to be awhile for attendance to come back, there should be an uptick by end of summer, along with an uptick to resort stays. Is Disney really going to go away from trying to keep guests in the Bubble? That would go against their whole philosophy. I really do not think most families of 4 or more will be up for Uber or some other ride share. This is just me thinking on this post, I am no way predicting DME will come back, but it would not surprise me.

I hope so.

At this point, I just hope they provide a subsidized bolt-on service to get you and your luggage from MCO. Then hopefully they can do that over the next few years until DME returns in it's glory or the Brightline Train can carry the load.

I know Disney would never release it, but it would be interesting to see the % of people who used it.

Of all the trips I have taken over the last few years, the buses I was on were never more than a 1/3 full (and they stop at multiple resorts); plenty of times I would be the only person getting on or off at my resort. That is a completely un-scientific observation, but it certainly seemed like it was not being heavily utilized.

We always used it if we flew, and we've only driven once in the past 10 years (last fall). It's always seemed pretty busy to me, though it does fluctuates a bit depending on what time you arrive.

Travel isn't going to magically bounce back in 2022. It'll be a slow climb back and the pandemic may alter how a lot of people travel for the rest of their lives. People will also be dealing with economic issues after the pandemic is long gone. It's not going to be like flipping a switch back to what it was in 2019.
Oh I’m aware I’ve been saying that forever, economic recovery will take years. But travel will pick up some as it becomes safer to do so, so it seems odd to cancel it as a time when things should be picking up (2022). But if it saves them money now, by not renewing for 2022, I guess that’s their prerogative.

The issue is that ot was promoted as an experience that would complete the enviornment when in reality that experience hasnt been much different than a meet and greet elsewhere in the park.

Winner - This is my point exactly it was PROMOTED as a totally immersive land with roaming droids, drones and characters. Sort of like Star Wars Weekend - but ALL THE TIME. Instead you have a wasteland, and unlike anywhere else in the park no music or sound effects. Not my idea of being transported elsewhere.

Oh I’m aware I’ve been saying that forever, economic recovery will take years. But travel will pick up some as it becomes safer to do so, so it seems odd to cancel it as a time when things should be picking up (2022). But if it saves them money now, by not renewing for 2022, I guess that’s their prerogative.

It's hard to say when things will bounce back, That said there are well supported theories that the "Roaring 20's" were in large part driven by people JUST WANTING TO GET OUT after the Spanish Flu quarantines.

Florida as a vacation destination became a thing in that time, So it's not impossible once we have a large number of people vaccinated that travel explodes back into life.

One interesting thing is the sanitizer use and masks seems to have put a real dent in colds and flu this year.

The old joke about curing the common cold may be alot closer because about half of the viruses which cause the common cold are coronaviruses (like covid-19) the remainder are rinoviruses.

Now that we have for the first time a coronavirus vaccine. the chances are excellent that we will derive other vaccines to prevent coronavirus diseases.

Last edited:

It's hard to say when things will bounce back, That said there are well supported theories that the "Roaring 20's" were in large part driven by people JUST WANTING TO GET OUT after the Spanish Flu quarantines.

Oh god, this reminded me of all the people in 2019 who thought it was so cool we were going to be living in the twenties again, and hoped it would have Roaring twenties vibes.

Special thanks to those people. Be careful what you wish for!

Winner - This is my point exactly it was PROMOTED as a totally immersive land with roaming droids, drones and characters. Sort of like Star Wars Weekend - but ALL THE TIME. Instead you have a wasteland, and unlike anywhere else in the park no music or sound effects. Not my idea of being transported elsewhere.
Well, you wouldn’t know as you’ve stated you haven’t been to the parks in years and have never been to SWGE, but there are sound effects in the land. There were wandering characters prior to COVID and it was very immersive. You keep using the same key words in your posts, like wasteland, but as you’ve never been there you really have no idea what it’s like.

Well, you wouldn’t know as you’ve stated you haven’t been to the parks in years and have never been to SWGE, but there are sound effects in the land. There were wandering characters prior to COVID and it was very immersive. You keep using the same key words in your posts, like wasteland, but as you’ve never been there you really have no idea what it’s like.

There's a whole theme song about the land too, I remember hearing it:

There are these things called "cellphone cameras and herocam's" you might have heard of them, No I've never been there but I have seen a few hours of video by a half dozen folks and well it ain't immersive.

100% agree. We’ve only been to the one in Disneyland but the land was very immersive. My only complaint is that the stores didn’t have a ton of merchandise, which is a small complaint. It was fantastic.

Ive been there a few times....theres not much roaming around, theres a ton of wasted space (aka budget cuts) and it does feel like star wars dumped in the middle of a desert in saudi arabia. The cast members really arent that into it for the most part.

Rise of the resistance is ground breaking. The falcon is great (the ride sucks) beyond that, they could have done sooooo much more.

Ive been there a few times....theres not much roaming around, theres a ton of wasted space (aka budget cuts) and it does feel like star wars dumped in the middle of a desert in saudi arabia. The cast members really arent that into it for the most part.

Rise of the resistance is ground breaking. The falcon is great (the ride sucks) beyond that, they could have done sooooo much more.

Man, I wish you could see my 8 year old daughter's face when Rey walked by her last February.

There are these things called "cellphone cameras and herocam's" you might have heard of them, No I've never been there but I have seen a few hours of video by a half dozen folks and well it ain't immersive.

Even in september during covid, it was very immersive at galaxy's edge. at least as much as any other areas in the parks. Only better one I would say is Pandora only because it is a bit more impressive, but they did a great job even in the small details at galaxy's edge down to hidden sounds coming out of the air vents in the wait lines to rides. Those are the sorts of details that I look for and really enjoy those are also the sorts that make animal kingdom so good. Toy Storyland is probably the antithesis to that, the rides are pretty good though but it doesn't feel up to quality.

Even in september during covid, it was very immersive at galaxy's edge. at least as much as any other areas in the parks. Only better one I would say is Pandora only because it is a bit more impressive, but they did a great job even in the small details at galaxy's edge down to hidden sounds coming out of the air vents in the wait lines to rides. Those are the sorts of details that I look for and really enjoy those are also the sorts that make animal kingdom so good. Toy Storyland is probably the antithesis to that, the rides are pretty good though but it doesn't feel up to quality.

Agree. GE is a lot about the small things. Droid from DD interacting with things in the land. The holocrons and crystals you can get. One of the things I love is when you go to Ogas if you talk to your bartenders they will typically have a backstory for how they got to Batuu and will remain really "in character". There are tons of Easter eggs everywhere like a Mano helmet on the wall to an IG droid and lots of other things scattered around.

SWGE is really about the small details all around.

Florida as a vacation destination became a thing in that time, So it's not impossible once we have a large number of people vaccinated that travel explodes back into life.

One interesting thing is the sanitizer use and masks seems to have put a real dent in colds and flu this year.

The old joke about curing the common cold may be alot closer because about half of the viruses which cause the common cold are coronaviruses (like covid-19) the remainder are rinoviruses.

Now that we have for the first time a coronavirus vaccine. the chances are excellent that we will derive other vaccines to prevent coronavirus diseases.
Yeah, it took like 3 years for Fitzgerald to have enough material to write Gatsby, so ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter