• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a bit off topic for this thread but you keep saying there’s no street performers in GE and that it looks bombed out. There were characters walking around and interacting with guests prior to the shutdown. There isn’t now because there can’t be. I was there quite a bit from the time it opened and was regularly accosted by stormtroopers or having interactions with Rey. But you’ve never been there so you wouldn’t know that.

There were never characters walking around to the extent that the land was proposed though, and I'm sure designed around. And there still could be characters there, don't use the pandemic as an excuse, they might not be able to do the up close and personal interactions, but they could still be there.

There were never characters walking around to the extent that the land was proposed though, and I'm sure designed around. And there still could be characters there, don't use the pandemic as an excuse, they might not be able to do the up close and personal interactions, but they could still be there.

They are there. When I was there the weekend of the 9th they had stormtrooper up on the stage with the tie intercepter and I say Rey and Chewie up on a platform. So even now there are characters in GE.. just not on the street.

I Meant they could be on the streets, and the characters have never been there to the extent promised, including like interactive droids etc.

Disney isn't putting any characters on the streets right now in any land in any park. GE is not going to be an exception. They are social distancing the GE characters like they are in every other park. The stormtroopers are actually not far from the crowds and were even harrassing the crowds as they normally do... just from a social distance away. That is the best they can do today.

pre covid I never went into Battuu without seeing at least one character roaming around, sure the did say there would be droids and those we never got but we had Stormtroopers, Kylo Ren, First Order Generals, Rey, Chewie and Vi. Interacting with guests each time I saw them

Disney gave the marketplace a 1 year head start on creating alternatives. Disney is creating a giant vacuum in the transportation marketplace that will have a huge demand. Someone will make money offering solutions to family transport to and from the airport.

Assuming Disney is out of that game.

The stroller rental industry is huge down there to the point they DELIVER THEM TO YOUR HOTEL. I think there will be options to get in a car with well installed car seats or smaller buses readily available for the 100000000000s of people going to and from Disney to MCO. It'll be relatively inexpensive because there will be competition.

pre covid I never went into Battuu without seeing at least one character roaming around, sure the did say there would be droids and those we never got but we had Stormtroopers, Kylo Ren, First Order Generals, Rey, Chewie and Vi. Interacting with guests each time I saw them

The issue is that ot was promoted as an experience that would complete the enviornment when in reality that experience hasnt been much different than a meet and greet elsewhere in the park.

Disney gave the marketplace a 1 year head start on creating alternatives. Disney is creating a giant vacuum in the transportation marketplace that will have a huge demand. Someone will make money offering solutions to family transport to and from the airport.

Assuming Disney is out of that game.

The stroller rental industry is huge down there to the point they DELIVER THEM TO YOUR HOTEL. I think there will be options to get in a car with well installed car seats or smaller buses readily available for the 100000000000s of people going to and from Disney to MCO. It'll be relatively inexpensive because there will be competition.

There will always be alternatives, its just that now you will be paying 2x for whatever that alternative may be, once to Disney and once to the new provider. Its really not an elimination of perks for staying on site, its just a price hike thats being covered by removal of a paid perk.

The issue is that ot was promoted as an experience that would complete the enviornment when in reality that experience hasnt been much different than a meet and greet elsewhere in the park.
Well I 100% disagree. It's nothing like a regular meet and greet .
I've had 10 minute conversations with Vi about infiltrating the first order. I've been yelled ans harassed by the first order general because i was using my phone to gather intelligence for the rebellion and ive helped Rey sneak around Batuu looking for troopers, none of that can be done on a regular m&g.
I'll leave it at that since this is so ot for this thread.

There will always be alternatives, its just that now you will be paying 2x for whatever that alternative may be, once to Disney and once to the new provider. Its really not an elimination of perks for staying on site, its just a price hike thats being covered by removal of a paid perk.

I'm not going to argue that it's going to be the same or that it's not more money out of people's pockets. Because it's not. But there will be options for those that are worried about using Uber or having to safely get kids to and from the airport.

Out of curiosity, has anyone who emailed Disney to highlight your concerns recieved anything beyond what looks to be a canned generic response?

Out of curiosity, has anyone who emailed Disney to highlight your concerns recieved anything beyond what looks to be a canned generic response?

What are you going write? Hey, Disney, I'm bummed that you discontinued the free transportation from the airport. Now, I have to pay for it out of pocket. But don't worry, I'll still come and visit the parks and stay at your resorts. I just want to vent.

When I went to Disney as a kid, this service didn't even exist.

If you're really mad about it, don't give Disney your dollars. This is the best response. If you can't do this, then nothing will change.

Mine seems maybe less canned than other responses I’ve seen. Or at least from a different can? 😆😆

Thank you for your message.

We truly appreciate that you are such a dedicated fan of the Walt Disney World Resort and have been visiting for so many years. It’s obvious that you care a great deal about the Disney brand and reputation, and we deeply value the insight you shared regarding your rationale for choosing a Walt Disney World vacation over other vacation options. We understand your disappointment with the announcement that Disney's Magical Express Service is being discontinued and appreciate you sharing this feedback with us. Please know we will pass along this feedback to the appropriate teams as we continue to explore new ways for Guests to enjoy their visits in the future.

Thank you again for your honest and constructive feedback.

Kindest regards,

Heather Lange
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

Sure, they were there, but again, not to the extent promised. This was supposed to be the most interactive experience ever remember? At one point they were talking about building up reputation with either the first order or the Alliance and your experience and interactions changing depending on your reputation with each side.

Sure, they were there, but again, not to the extent promised. This was supposed to be the most interactive experience ever remember? At one point they were talking about building up reputation with either the first order or the Alliance and your experience and interactions changing depending on your reputation with each side.
I recall that. I also remember thinking: "that is never going to see the light of day". :) they did oversell it quite a bit.

your statement said there were never characters walking around to the extent promised. There were, the reputation and the fact that the would be able to see who you aligned with never panned out, but there were charactters roaming around, interacting with guests on a different level than a regular m&g. Again not sure why this is being discussed on this thread as it's all ot

I recall that. I also remember thinking: "that is never going to see the light of day". :) they did oversell it quite a bit.

I kinda saw this in connection with the new SW hotel stays to coincide with whatever exclusive access they would have. I still do when it eventually opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter