Magical EBTA 2017

I have been on a TA and PC on DCL. There was a pastor on one of the cruises, I forget which, who had a Christian service.

I'm on board! Now to figure out the before trip and after trip parts.

This is kinda funny.
My friend is at Stonehenge today and I told her to keep notes for me since I will be there in about a year. She replied "There is no Disney here". Which I replied "Yeah, but there is a Disney ship that is taking me there". LOL!!

We have been to a circle in Great Britain back in 1998. That was on an excursion from a Princess cruise. I'm looking forward to going here as well!

I went to Stonehenge years and years ago when you could get close and touch them. Now I believe access is more restricted? Can anyone verify this?

I went to Stonehenge years and years ago when you could get close and touch them. Now I believe access is more restricted? Can anyone verify this?

As of around 5 years ago, you could not go up to them and touch them. Generally things don't get less restrictive, so I suspect you will need to enjoy from a distance. (We were told there was a special time you could go and get closer - not really sure though)

There were several smaller stones by the entry you could touch/take pics with.

As of around 5 years ago, you could not go up to them and touch them. Generally things don't get less restrictive, so I suspect you will need to enjoy from a distance. (We were told there was a special time you could go and get closer - not really sure though)

There were several smaller stones by the entry you could touch/take pics with.
On certain days they do have a few slots available before and/or after the normal opening times where you can get inside the fence. But these are hard to get.

Thanks for the info! It won't be the same being kept back.
Yes, I'm bummed :-(
I was hoping to get behind the fence at Stonehenge this time but it doesn't look possible.
Our time in port is 11 am to 7 pm. Too late for the early visits and not late enough for the later visits.
I do recall reading about a different site of standing stones that you can get up and close to. I'll look for that at some point as a possible alternative.

I'm going to be on a British Isles cruise next month....we opted not to cruise with Disney for this one due to price. We'll be on the Caribbean Princess. We're staying in Salisbury the night before the cruise so we can get a look at Stonehenge.

Hi we are signed up for this cruise and are seriously considering it. Financially, we are hoping to be able to afford it, but it seems fairly reasonable considering some of the other cruises we were looking at like the 10 night Southern Caribbean and 10 day Alaskan cruise. We were on the WBTA last year for the first time and absolutely LOVED it! We are hooked on the transatlantic :) If we cruise it, there will be 8 of us. My DH Marty 48, my self Vicki 45, DD Adriane turning 19 on the cruise, DS Zach 14, DD Stephanie 13, DS Isaac 9, DS Vincent, DS Elias 4. My oldest will just be finishing up her first year of college and will have to take her exams early if we go on this cruise ( which I think she should be able to do) and my other kids will miss the last 2 1/2 weeks of school ( including all the fun field trips and end of school parties) so that part is a bummer, but it always seems like there is something they will miss. Has anyone ever taken the kids out the last 2 weeks at the end of school? If so, how did your kids feel about it? Did they regret missing it? I imagine that a 15 night cruise, plus a trip to Rome afterwards that they would soon forget their last 2 weeks :) . We took them out for the WTBA and everything went fine with that. I am hoping we can do this cruise. I love the itinerary and the idea that we are on a cruise for 15 nights. Not to mention that we enjoyed our trip to Europe last year too. Vicki

We will also be a group of 8. Although, my sister and her boyfriend wanted to come along, but will be finishing their first year of college and still have a week of exams during this cruise. So they're not going to make it. My children have missed school for long cruises in April and May, but our school year doesn't finish until the end of June, so they will have to go back after the trip!

Welcome to the cruise and this thread!

I'll organize a "local" candy or snacks exchange. Anyone interested? I'll keep an updated list of interested people here, but will not take cabin numbers or special requests at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter