Magical EBTA 2017

Hi All,

We'll be joining you on the TA, then following with the Baltic.

This will be our 3rd transatlantic (one east bound and 2 west bounds so far), we love sea days.

Bob & Dale

Hi All,

We'll be joining you on the TA, then following with the Baltic.

This will be our 3rd transatlantic (one east bound and 2 west bounds so far), we love sea days.

Bob & Dale
:welcome: We love sea days too!

Yes, a one time drop off. We use Fish Extenders to hand out local, regional or if you are hard pressed to find something, your favorite candy or snack. We usually include a description of the item from the internet. I learned that Life Savers were invented in Cleveland Ohio, so once I gave those out with the story. It is customary to give enough treats for the cabin to share. Treats should be wrapped by the manufacturer, so similar to Halloween give aways. I do limit the groups to 6 -11.

At this point there are 18 showing interest. When it comes time to give cabin information, we could have as many as 25, or we could lose some and have 16. If 25, I would probably have groups of 8, one 9.,, and if 16, 2 groups of 8.

Sounds fun, I would like to participate and thank you for organizing it!

For the Amsterdam experts - Rijksmuseum or Van Gogh museum? I plan on wandering around on my own and would love to see some art but want to make sure I leave enough time to see other things too. I'm also interested in doing a canal cruise.
When you decide to do one of the museums (two on one day will be difficult), go to the museum as soon as possible in the morning. The day we visit Amsterdam is Ascension Day and this is a public holiday in Holland and in more European countries and the city will be full with other tourists. I live near Amsterdam and when we visit the inner city we always see huge waitinglines in front of the musea. You can book tickets in front on https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/online-tickets-and-shop or https://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en/plan-your-visit. When you want more information about Amsterdam, I can alway give you the information on the cruise. We will be in stateroom 6142.

Sounds fun, I would like to participate and thank you for organizing it!
Hi! I am bumping up this invitation to show interest. On April 1 I will begin accepting conversations with cabin numbers. Deadline for getting information to me is April 15, and I will send the groups their information. It looks like 2 groups.

Updating interest list in local Candy/Snack exchange
For the love of Pooh
Big red07
Nrbrenna
Kerpe
Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked
ndloewen

Still opened for participants. April first I will ask for information like cabin numbers, how many adults, children in each cabin and if there are any allergies.
When I began the list, I did mention that I keep the numbers between 6-11. If I split (into 2 groups it looks like at this time) I look at cabin numbers and arrange by decks. If you have an opinion about splitting, some like larger groups and have asked to be in both groups, for instance in the past, please mention those ideas here, and in the conversation you send to me around April 1st.

Bobbi

When you decide to do one of the museums (two on one day will be difficult), go to the museum as soon as possible in the morning. The day we visit Amsterdam is Ascension Day and this is a public holiday in Holland and in more European countries and the city will be full with other tourists. I live near Amsterdam and when we visit the inner city we always see huge waitinglines in front of the musea. You can book tickets in front on https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/online-tickets-and-shop or https://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en/plan-your-visit. When you want more information about Amsterdam, I can alway give you the information on the cruise. We will be in stateroom 6142.
I realize both would be a bit too much on one day so which one would you recommend? I realize I need to head to a museum as soon as I get off. I was planning to take public transportation, looks like it will take about 30 minutes to get there from port. I was also wondering if I would need local currency to use public transportation. Your input is appreciated as this will be my first time in Amsterdam!

I realize both would be a bit too much on one day so which one would you recommend? I realize I need to head to a museum as soon as I get off. I was planning to take public transportation, looks like it will take about 30 minutes to get there from port. I was also wondering if I would need local currency to use public transportation. Your input is appreciated as this will be my first time in Amsterdam!

I recommend to do the Rijksmuseum. You can reach the inner city easily by using public transport. For the use of public transport you need to buy a travelcard. Therefore you need Euro's. In the Passenger Terminal where we go ashore is a Tourist Information Point. I think they will sell travelcards there. The travelcard is called a OV Chipcard. A day-ticket is EUR 7.50 per person. More information about public transport: https://en.gvb.nl/. I will try to get more information about buying travelcards at the Passenger Terminal. It is alway possible to walk to the Central Station (15 minutes walk). There is a large selling point for travelcards.

I recommend to do the Rijksmuseum. You can reach the inner city easily by using public transport. For the use of public transport you need to buy a travelcard. Therefore you need Euro's. In the Passenger Terminal where we go ashore is a Tourist Information Point. I think they will sell travelcards there. The travelcard is called a OV Chipcard. A day-ticket is EUR 7.50 per person. More information about public transport: https://en.gvb.nl/. I will try to get more information about buying travelcards at the Passenger Terminal. It is alway possible to walk to the Central Station (15 minutes walk). There is a large selling point for travelcards.
Just got an answer from the Passenger Terminal: They do not sell tickets for the public transport. Their advice is to walk to the Central Station and visit the GVB/VVV office there. There you can buy tickets for the public transport (GVB) and also get more tourist information about Amsterdam (VVV). Let me know when you need more information.

Rudisdey - will public transport in Amsterdam run on regular schedule on Ascension Day?

Rudisdey - will public transport in Amsterdam run on regular schedule on Ascension Day?
There will be a regular schedule since the city will be full with tourists and also Dutch people who visit the city to do some shopping. All shops will be open but maybe a few hours later than a normal working day.
When you want to visit a museum or do a canal cruise, do this in the morning to avoid waitinglines.

There will be a regular schedule since the city will be full with tourists and also Dutch people who visit the city to do some shopping. All shops will be open but maybe a few hours later than a normal working day.
When you want to visit a museum or do a canal cruise, do this in the morning to avoid waitinglines.

Now I am glad I signed up for a tour...this way there will be no hassles (I hope)

Now I'm thinking maybe I should sign up for a tour due to the city being crowded but none of the shore excursions offered combine the things I'm interested in doing.

Now I'm thinking maybe I should sign up for a tour due to the city being crowded but none of the shore excursions offered combine the things I'm interested in doing.
You can always do a tour on your own or visit an other city. We live near Amsterdam but will be on the cruise with friends from the USA. They have seen a lot of Amsterdam already and we are gonna show them the city Haarlem. This is is city near Amsterdam and you can reach it easily by train.

I got my GTY months ago. An Inside on Deck one. Not happy but hope to change at the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter