• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical EBTA 2017

When you get aboard, go directly to the Guest Services desk on deck 3. (You will likely enter on Deck 3, btw.) Ask for their help in signing up for a character breakfast, for your character meet and greets, and also ask them what types of other events there will be. For example, there might be a "hidden mickey" walking tour, a chocolate tasting, beer, wine, champagne, cocktail tastings, etc. Some of these are for pay (the chocolate and booze tastings!) but some are free, like the tour. (I should mention that the chocolate tasting is not kid-friendly, it's for adults and includes booze.)

Most importantly, although you are disappointed not to get on these things, don't let them ruin your vacation. Don't tell the kids that you're not doing something; only tell them what are doing. Remember that there are still lots of opportunities to take your photos with characters, get their signatures, dance with them at deck parties, etc. And they will visit the kids in the kids' clubs.

I promise -- you and your kids will have a great time!

Bring a plain white pillowcase for each child. Drop it, and an indelible marker, in a ziploc bag with your child's name and cabin number inside. Drop it off at guest services when you talk with them and you'll get it back, autographed by each character. A nice souvenir for each child.

Do you first-timers understand about the navigator and how it works?

I have called, as have a few other first time cruisers and was told they are booked fully and nothing that we can do. We were hoping that they would see the need and add more times.

I emailed and complained also. No first time cruisers at all got to book any meet and greets or character breakfast. I have gotten to know a few others on other social media sites and we have nicknamed ourselves the Plastic level cruisers. ;)

Last edited:
When you get aboard, go directly to the Guest Services desk on deck 3. (You will likely enter on Deck 3, btw.) Ask for their help in signing up for a character breakfast, for your character meet and greets, and also ask them what types of other events there will be. For example, there might be a "hidden mickey" walking tour, a chocolate tasting, beer, wine, champagne, cocktail tastings, etc. Some of these are for pay (the chocolate and booze tastings!) but some are free, like the tour. (I should mention that the chocolate tasting is not kid-friendly, it's for adults and includes booze.)

Most importantly, although you are disappointed not to get on these things, don't let them ruin your vacation. Don't tell the kids that you're not doing something; only tell them what are doing. Remember that there are still lots of opportunities to take your photos with characters, get their signatures, dance with them at deck parties, etc. And they will visit the kids in the kids' clubs.

I promise -- you and your kids will have a great time!

Bring a plain white pillowcase for each child. Drop it, and an indelible marker, in a ziploc bag with your child's name and cabin number inside. Drop it off at guest services when you talk with them and you'll get it back, autographed by each character. A nice souvenir for each child.

Do you first-timers understand about the navigator and how it works?
They also got rid of the pillowcase signing from the desk. You have to get the signatures yourself, I have been told. It won't ruin our trip, but it does make me less likely to recommend a Disney cruise to people, because your first cruise, you will pay as much (or more because no placeholder) and not get any ticketed events-- just waiting in line and chance meetings. No guarantees.

Any First time cruisers get anything they wanted? All Character Breakfasts and meets were full when I was trying! That seems insane to me that on a 15 day cruise that everyone can't have a turn on a character breakfast and a character meet and greet that wants one.

No character breakfast for my 5-year-olds kind of sucks after dropping $$,$$$ on this trip. I hope the pre-cruise experience is not indicative of what's to come, as this trip is not off to a very auspicious start :-( I've had better experiences on Holland America, Princess, NCL...and even Carnival. Sigh...

Don't get me started on $220 for a 90 minute princess tea...

They also got rid of the pillowcase signing from the desk. You have to get the signatures yourself, I have been told. It won't ruin our trip, but it does make me less likely to recommend a Disney cruise to people, because your first cruise, you will pay as much (or more because no placeholder) and not get any ticketed events-- just waiting in line and chance meetings. No guarantees.

You are correct in that they don't allow you to drop things off at guest services anymore. If you want things signed you have to do it during photo times and wait in line.

I just read the following in an email update from AllEars.net: http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2017/02/frozen_fun_returns_aboard_disn_1.html

I edited out the parts that didn't specifically mention the Magic. Also, I wanted to mention that when we did the "Anna’s Chocolate Chase" scavenger hunt on our 2015 Baltic cruise, the prize was not chocolate at all, but another edible item that we were disappointed with (your mileage may vary). I don't want to post any spoilers here, so if you'd like to know what we received, please pm me.

From the deck, to the stage and beyond, "Frozen" experiences add to summertime fun

CELEBRATION, Fla. – In summer 2017, Disney Cruise Line guests can once again immerse themselves in the animated hit "Frozen" with exciting experiences inspired by the film, including an exclusive new theatrical production, a spectacular deck party, storybook adventures ashore, character meet and greets, and more.

A Day of Frozen Fun, Including An Unforgettable Deck Party

On select Disney Magic sailings to Europe, Disney Cruise Line guests are transported to the land of “Frozen” when the ship is transformed into a winter wonderland and a day of frozen fun culminates with an extravagant celebration with friends from the Kingdom of Arendelle.

On one special morning, guests will awake to discover a magical freeze has overtaken the atrium lobby with sparkling icicles adorning the grand staircase, resembling the majestic mountain-top ice palace of Queen Elsa.

Icy adventures and fun for the entire family throughout the day include meet and greets and themed experiences:

Memorable moments with Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf

"Anna’s Chocolate Chase" scavenger hunt for those who share Anna’s sense of adventure, with a special surprise for finishing the game

"Do You Want to Build a Snowman" activity where kids take on Elsa’s magical powers to make snow and ice

"Oaken’s Maypole Swirl and Twirl" for families to learn a traditional Scandinavian dance spinning and braiding giant ribbons

"Frozen" themed dining experience, including a menu inspired by traditional Nordic fare and special dishes inspired by the film

The evening fun kicks off with "Freezing the Night Away with Anna, Elsa and Friends," a family-friendly interactive deck party featuring the famous royal sisters of Arendelle and their fun-loving Nordic companions. By now, the freeze has spread to the upper decks of the ship, with giant snowflakes, icicles and snow-covered rocks.

The celebration begins with a high-energy line dance reminiscent of the movie’s ice cutting scene, featuring the arrival of Princess Anna and an ice-pick twirling Kristoff. The party continues with a flurry of sing-along moments featuring Olaf and Sven, leading up to Elsa’s snowy arrival.

The evening concludes with more family dancing on the pool deck, followed by fun just for adults in the nightclub featuring dance performances and frozen specialty drinks.

In Summer and Beyond

Adding to the excitement, year-long offerings continue this summer and beyond.

Aboard the Disney Magic, Anna, Elsa and Olaf are part of the line up of beloved Disney characters who together teach a young girl the power of her dreams in the Disney Cruise Line original production, “Disney Dreams … An Enchanted Classic." Scenes featuring “Frozen" characters include renditions of three popular songs: "Let it Go,""For the First Time in Forever" and "In Summer." The show segment is a heartfelt, humorous and memorable tribute to the “Frozen” film, preserving its endearing and playful tones with an inspiring message. Special effects are magical, with a snowfall throughout the theatre and a breathtaking transformation of the young girl’s room into her own ice palace.

On all four Disney ships, Olaf is giving warm hugs alongside Anna and Elsa. Children and families have the opportunity to meet and take photographs with their favorite "Frozen" friends on their royal tour of the Disney Fantasy, Disney Dream, Disney Wonder and Disney Magic.

72 DAYS TO GO !!! Got all my excursions (Stonehenge, London/British Museum etc), a pedicure and Palo. Now, what to pack?
QUESTION: How cold/warm are the staterooms, and the dining rooms? I know on Caribbean cruises
the dining areas were always cold. Alaska was cold on deck even in June but do not remember the indoor areas. I know most Ports will be in the 50's or 60's.
Thanks cruise gurus:yoda:

I have called, as have a few other first time cruisers and was told they are booked fully and nothing that we can do. We were hoping that they would see the need and add more times.

I emailed and complained also. No first time cruisers at all got to book any meet and greets or character breakfast. I have gotten to know a few others on other social media sites and we have nicknamed ourselves the Plastic level cruisers. ;)

I wasn't going to request any because as a Solo traveler I didn't think it was fair that I would take a meet/great away from a little one. Apparently the choice was made for me.
I agree, 15 days should be plenty of time for everyone to get at least one reservation....

Hello! My mother and brother are booked on this cruise. They would really like to visit the Warner Bros Studio Harry Potter tour but are not having much luck booking a tour round trip from Dover. Would anyone be interested in sharing a private car? From my research the museum is just outside London. If anyone else has any ideas on how to make this happen, other than a private car, I am all ears! Thank you in advance.

Anyone interested in joining a Normandy D Day tour around June 9 or 10? My wife and I will be touring by train after the cruise is over and would like to gather 3 other couples to share the cost of an all day private guided D-Day tour. The cost of approx. 470 euros plus tip would be divided evenly among the participants. A full van of 8 people would bring the cost down to about 65 euros per person after the tip is added in.

I realize this won't work for most folks but it is worth asking. :)

Anyone interested in joining a Normandy D Day tour around June 9 or 10? My wife and I will be touring by train after the cruise is over and would like to gather 3 other couples to share the cost of an all day private guided D-Day tour. The cost of approx. 470 euros plus tip would be divided evenly among the participants. A full van of 8 people would bring the cost down to about 65 euros per person after the tip is added in.

I realize this won't work for most folks but it is worth asking. :)

Hey Brannose! Do you have your guide for the DDay tour already? We used Dale Booth for ours last December and he was fabulous! Highly recommend. So good that my husband said it was the best tour he has EVER had. BTW We did a one-day trip of American sites, and I wish I had scheduled a second day at least; it was just that interesting. Have fun!

First time checking in on the thread DH (Pete) and I (Kathy) will be on the EBTA, when I saw the opportunity to combine the 2 weeks onboard and Stonehenge it was a done deal. 10+ day cruses are our favorite and Stonehenge is on the bucket list. Looking forward to a great voyage!

First time checking in on the thread DH (Pete) and I (Kathy) will be on the EBTA, when I saw the opportunity to combine the 2 weeks onboard and Stonehenge it was a done deal. 10+ day cruses are our favorite and Stonehenge is on the bucket list. Looking forward to a great voyage!

Same thinking here! I love the longer cruises! But I was disappointed to discover that Portland isn't all that close to Stonehenge. No worries, I've booked our tour and looking forward to a great time.

Hey Brannose! Do you have your guide for the DDay tour already? We used Dale Booth for ours last December and he was fabulous! Highly recommend. So good that my husband said it was the best tour he has EVER had. BTW We did a one-day trip of American sites, and I wish I had scheduled a second day at least; it was just that interesting. Have fun!
Thanks. If we can't get some others to join us, we will likely take one of the small group tours. There seem to be a lot of excellent choices available. Thanks for the recommendation.

:welcome:

Hi Nicole! Glad to have you join!

Updating interest list in local Candy/Snack exchange
Nrbrenna
Kerpe
Mommatothebear
SwingDancingAnn
Pawdoc
KJET54
Expedition EverestI
Poookie
Deb T
scottrob
bobbiwoz
tmullem93
cali cruiser
Maple Det
Shawnadb
Tinked
ndloewen

Still opened for participants. April first I will ask for information like cabin numbers, how many adults, children in each cabin and if there are any allergies.
When I began the list, I did mention that I keep the numbers between 6-11. If I split (into 2 groups it looks like at this time) I look at cabin numbers and arrange by decks. If you have an opinion about splitting, some like larger groups and have asked to be in both groups, for instance in the past, please mention those ideas here, and in the conversation you send to me around April 1st.
Between now and April 1st I have a cataract operation scheduled, and will have moved to Cape May NJ, and on March 6, I will be picking up the 5 year old hound, Gus, whom we have agreed to adopt. I will not be on these boards as much as I would like!

Bobbi

Bobbi, I've been thinking of you and hoping everything went well with your cataract surgery and your move. Congratulations on the new furry addition to your family, Gus, too! Hugs!

:welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter