Magic Key Pass Advice

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Hi,
First of all, went to Disneyland last month and it's been great. But since I'e heard mixed reviews of the Dream Key pass and I'm starting to think to try different Magic Key pass. Which Magic Key pass do you guys suggest that I should use or just used the tickets for the time being?

Dream and Believe Keys are unavailable. Only the Enchant and Imagine keys are available for purchase. Check the blockout calendars for each before you buy.

We have enchant keys and haven’t found it too limiting. It would be nice to get Saturdays back in the fall now that night time shows are back. It’s going to suck paying the monthly amount in a few months with the month fully blocked out though.

We are probably going to stick to enchant at renewal time. The jump in price from enchant to believe is more than a pass to Disneyland+any other park in the LA/OC area. I’d rather have a pass to Disneyland and Universal at that point.

We have enchant keys and haven’t found it too limiting. It would be nice to get Saturdays back in the fall now that night time shows are back. It’s going to suck paying the monthly amount in a few months with the month fully blocked out though.

We are probably going to stick to enchant at renewal time. The jump in price from enchant to believe is more than a pass to Disneyland+any other park in the LA/OC area. I’d rather have a pass to Disneyland and Universal at that point.
Will the Dream Key and the Believe Key be available again eventually?

Last edited:
As mentioned, the Dream and Believe are sold out at this time and we don't know when/if they will go on sale again. So those are not options if you're wanting something soon.

But if we're thinking future when/if they become available again, it depends on your needs. I prefer Dream because of the calendar and the parking benefit. It adds up quick if you need parking.

Your only options are the Enchant and Imagine (if you're a SoCal resident) if you're wanting one now and aren't willing to wait to see if the two top tier return for sale. Enchant and Imagine do have significant block outs, but if you don't need parking and are okay with the calendars they have, then they might work for you.

The problem with upgrading is they do not prorate the cost of the upgrade. So if you’ve had the enchant key for 6 months and want to upgrade to believe, you’ll have to pay the full difference between the two passes but will only receive the believe benefits for the 6 months left on the pass.
Interesting. But I'll give it more thought for now. Thanks.

Yea it sucks, but it makes sense if you think about it. We got our enchant keys when they first came out last year in august. If the upgrade was prorated we’d be able to upgrade our passes for like 60 bucks to get almost the entire summer opened to us.

IMO, the Dream key is the only one worth getting, and if you will not be visiting at least once a month, just use regular tickets for sporadic visits (and take advantage of So Cal resident special offers if you are eligible).

IMO, the Dream key is the only one worth getting, and if you will not be visiting at least once a month, just use regular tickets for sporadic visits (and take advantage of So Cal resident special offers if you are eligible).
But, my brother told me when you use the Dream Key, they won’t give you a reservation for days. Man, this is going to be a hard decision.

But, my brother told me when you use the Dream Key, they won’t give you a reservation for days. Man, this is going to be a hard decision.
We have Dream keys. Yesterday was our 29th visit using them since Sept 2. We never have a problem going whenever we want. You can have six reservations at a time. We always have all six booked up at all times. Its easy to get a reservation for the next day because people cancel them all the time.

The reason the Dream key is the only one worth the money is it includes parking. Plus, higher discounts. Those offset the price difference of the lower tier passes pretty quickly.

We have Dream keys. Yesterday was our 29th visit using them since Sept 2. We never have a problem going whenever we want. You can have six reservations at a time. We always have all six booked up at all times. Its easy to get a reservation for the next day because people cancel them all the time.

The reason the Dream key is the only one worth the money is it includes parking. Plus, higher discounts. Those offset the price difference of the lower tier passes pretty quickly.
Do you know when it’ll be on sale again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter