Magic Key Pass Advice

The issues are more common specific popular days. For example, I could not get one for Disney+ Day and my cousin could not for the weekend of night shows returning. With the reservation limits, it's not uncommon to need to make reservations within a few days of the actual date of the visit by which point, you may have to check multiple times during the day to catch a reservation. It's often easier to just make other plans rather than deal with that annoyance and uncertainty.

Here's a challenge for you: Make a reservation for Disneyland start for tomorrow as a keyholder. The reason you're waiting till today is because 3 of your 4 reservations are tied up in future visits and you are in the parks today. You can't make a reservation from 9PM to 9:30PM (you're watching World of Color) or 10PM to 10:30PM (you're driving home) and you'd like to sleep by 11PM to be able to wake up for rope drop at Disneyland tomorrow. How many times did you have to check the site? While this is doable, being annoyed by this process isn't from a lack of research.
Did not mean to diminish anyones frustrations, and obviously users of the board are definitely in the know and ahead of the curve. My comment was based on local family members who were shocked I was able to “even use my pass” because it is “impossible“ to ever get a reservation. They also didn’t realize you could hold multiple reservations or change/cancel them. I have several local friends who are able to secure day-of or night before reservations for after work routinely. They likely can do this because their reservations are not tied up for future stays as you outlined. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be if you weren’t in the know.

Did not mean to diminish anyones frustrations, and obviously users of the board are definitely in the know and ahead of the curve. My comment was based on local family members who were shocked I was able to “even use my pass” because it is “impossible“ to ever get a reservation. They also didn’t realize you could hold multiple reservations or change/cancel them. I have several local friends who are able to secure day-of or night before reservations for after work routinely. They likely can do this because their reservations are not tied up for future stays as you outlined. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be if you weren’t in the know.
I have never not been able to get a day I wanted, though often I have to wait until the night before to pick it up. I could have even gone on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter, you name it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter