Magic: January 24, 2013 - 3 night Bahamas

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
Since no one has started one yet - I'll be the one to launch a thread (even though we are brand new to all of this).

The 3-night Bahama cruise out of Port Canaveral will be our first cruise as a family (my wife and I did a Carnival cruise back in 2003 - that's our only other cruise experience).

It will be me, my wife, dd(8), dd(7) and our son who will turn 5 on the day we leave port! The cruise will be on the back end of a 5 night stay at the Villas at Fort Wilderness.

We are Disney vets, but know very little when it comes to cruising with Disney. We are completely overwhelmed by how much we don't know, but absolutely ecstatic to discover everything. We're sitting down to watch our cruise DVD tonight and making plans for the concierge booking window that opens in 2 weeks.

Anyone else out there who will be on the ship?

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:
Have a great cruise!

Hi there!
We just booked this cruise for our family me and DDs 11 and 4. Unfortunately DH can't join us but we are going with two other families with kids ages 4, 9, 11 and 11 between them. Last year we went on the Wonder out of Miami around the same time and it was wonderful! Some of us did a small Fish Extender exchange that was a nice "extra touch." Do you think we might be able to organize one for this cruise?

Just 108 days til we sail! Can't wait!

Leslie

:wave2: I've been holding off on saying hi - my husband and I are watching this cruise like hawks - if a good GTY deal comes out then we will be onboard! We were booked on the 1/24 Wonder that was cancelled and are still trying to make up our minds. As is this would be 2 less days and only $20pp cheaper though, so I am being a tad snooty about wanting a deal on it. We *might* try RCCL instead or just stay in WDW if not, but I really want to get onboard! pirate:

ME ME!!! This also will be our very first cruise!! Myself, DH, DS 5, and DD 3. We are following up the cruise with 6 nights at Disney and I just can't wait :)

ME ME!!! This also will be our very first cruise!! Myself, DH, DS 5, and DD 3. We are following up the cruise with 6 nights at Disney and I just can't wait :)

Welcome aboard - being first-timers as well, we are very excited!

Where are you staying ad WDW? We'll be there BEFORE our cruise. Can't wait!

We are DVC so we will be staying at our "home" at the Boardwalk Villas :) I couldn't decide between before or after, but flight times ended up being better this way - more relaxed both ways. I'm excited to be in FL in cooler weather - I'm always roasting!!

We are booking this cruise this weekend! My 30th birthday falls on 1/25 and what better way to celebrate than a Disney cruise? It will be myself, my DH, DSS (9), and DD (5 months when we sail). This will be our second Disney cruise, last time was on the Fantasy.

Hi all, we are being added to the cruise. We were supposed to take our first cruise ever on 10/20 and were one of the ones to get cancelled (BOO!). We rescheduled THAT cruise for October next year on the Wonder. But then decided to add this one on so we can see the Magic.

So this will be our first DCL cruise (when Disney cancelled us, we took a last minute RCCL cruise). It will be me, my husband, and my youngest son. He is turning 8 the day before we sail and this will be a surprise for him. :)

We just booked our cruise, myself and DD (9), along with my sister and her DS and DD (both 14). We can't wait! Is there a fish extender or Facebook group for this cruise??

We just booked our cruise, myself and DD (9), along with my sister and her DS and DD (both 14). We can't wait! Is there a fish extender or Facebook group for this cruise??

Not that I know of. As first-timers, I don't really have a good sense of the FE thing. And I haven't heard anything about a FB group.

Hi Everyone!

Just booked this cruise today. Couldn't resist the Florida resident rate.
It's Joanne *me, John (DH), Sara, 18, and Amanda, 16. :)

Hi Everyone!

Just booked this cruise today. Couldn't resist the Florida resident rate.
It's Joanne *me, John (DH), Sara, 18, and Amanda, 16. :)

Wow, that is a fabulous deal! I am losing faith that anything good is going to come out for GP. :( For some reason I thought the Florida/military ones would be last out.

Is there any interest for a FE on this cruise? I could help organize if enough people want to participate. :)

Alright guys, it's time to get this thread going!!! :)

I'm Rebekah, and it'll be and my DH, Arthur on this cruise. It'll be our 7th Disney cruise, although first time on the Magic. Very excited to check this ship out. We've been on the Wonder 5 times, and on the Dream once. If you guys have any questions about the cruise, or anything let me know.

Here's a little about me, I live in Orange County, California, and work in Downtown Disney. Although I don't technically work for Disney, we just have a store on Disney property. I'm fairly obsessed with Disney!!! No kids for us. So you can catch us most days on the cruise in the Quiet Cove Pool or Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay.

Excited to meet you all on this cruise!!!

Hi Rebekah! That's a long way to travel for a 3 night cruise! This will be our third cruise on the magic but obviously, not the new, improved, reimagined, prone-to-floods magic. We are sure hoping they have the mops put away for good by January.

joanne

Hi Rebekah! That's a long way to travel for a 3 night cruise! This will be our third cruise on the magic but obviously, not the new, improved, reimagined, prone-to-floods magic. We are sure hoping they have the mops put away for good by January.

joanne

Hi Joanne!

I know, it's kind of ridiculous actually. A long way to travel, but Disney doesn't do short West Coast cruises. We do it usually once a year, and then take a day or two in the parks before we head back to reality. It's a nice getaway after the insanity of Retail Holidays. :)

Yes, so how are things going on the Magic since it's been redone, haven't heard too many positive things... But I'm excited to see how similar it is to the Wonder. I adore the Wonder...not such a fan of the Dream. As a cruiser with no kids, the adults only area is a horrific setup on the Dream. Actually a lot of the way the new ship is setup doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Not sure I have any desire to go back on it, as well as how over-crowded Castaway Cay was with the amount of people on the larger ship. It's a beautiful ship, but I like my Adults only area setup on Wonder. (Hoping Magic is same!)

Oh, and hey- when did I miss that Palo went up to $25 pp?? Booo!!!! :(

We sailed on the Wonder this July to Alaska and oddly, found ourselves missing the Magic. I know they're identical (almost), so I'm not sure why. We also took our first Dream cruise in September and loved it! We didn't expect to, but really thought it was great. The food was fantastic! Our guess was, having sailed previously from Barcelona, Dover and Vancouver, we finally sailed from Port Canaveral. They must have more reliable contracts with food vendors from their home port.

I do agree that the adult public pool areas were lacking, but the evening entertainment area was an interesting maze of choices. Personally, I'm excited about Marvel Academy and wish I had a child that age to enjoy it with. I sure hope the weather is warm enough to swim at Castaway Cay. It was glorious in September. :beach:
joanne

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter