Magic in the Mediterranean...Dicecatt & Dicedawg, the April 24th Voyage

Love your booklets!! Great job!!! Keep the reports coming!

:cheer2:

Tara

So, I have been updating every day, REALLY, tring to keep you May 5 sailers in mind. However, I have not been able to post any of it. I have been emailing myself on my phone with the intentions of copying and pasting onboard, the internet connection onboard is TERRIBLE, even when in port. I hope to try again tomorrow on our At Sea day, and boy are we ready for an At Sea Day. The last three days have bee unbelievable, PERFECT weather, Dicedawg keeps conratulating me on the good weather scheduling:). Italy is the most fantastic country...Naples and the Amalfi Coast are spectacularly breathtaking...Rome is, well, probably the most magnificent place on the planet...and Florence, just WOW.

My best qucik pieces of advice on my drive back to the ship are:

*if you are going to Florence, go see the original David and definitely make a reservation, we walked right past a very long line. He is stunning and the two copies pale in comparison.
*in Tunis, use good humor in the Medina or you will get very aggravated at the high pressure sales tactics. Try to remember these people feed their families this way, that is why they are so persistent. With bargaining, start with 75% of the asking price and if you get around half that is normally good.
*the blue grotto in Malta is absolutely gorgeous. And altho I like to try things from the area skip the soft drink Kinney, just yuck.
*In Naples, prepared to be terrified by the driving, and take motion sickness medicine before Amalfi Coast drive. In Pompeii don't miss the brothels.

I will try to post more completely about each day tomorrow.

So, I have been updating every day, REALLY, tring to keep you May 5 sailers in mind. However, I have not been able to post any of it. I have been emailing myself on my phone with the intentions of copying and pasting onboard, the internet connection onboard is TERRIBLE, even when in port. I hope to try again tomorrow on our At Sea day, and boy are we ready for an At Sea Day. The last three days have bee unbelievable, PERFECT weather, Dicedawg keeps conratulating me on the good weather scheduling:). Italy is the most fantastic country...Naples and the Amalfi Coast are spectacularly breathtaking...Rome is, well, probably the most magnificent place on the planet...and Florence, just WOW.

My best qucik pieces of advice on my drive back to the ship are:

*if you are going to Florence, go see the original David and definitely make a reservation, we walked right past a very long line. He is stunning and the two copies pale in comparison.
*in Tunis, use good humor in the Medina or you will get very aggravated at the high pressure sales tactics. Try to remember these people feed their families this way, that is why they are so persistent. With bargaining, start with 75% of the asking price and if you get around half that is normally good.
*the blue grotto in Malta is absolutely gorgeous. And altho I like to try things from the area skip the soft drink Kinney, just yuck.
*In Naples, prepared to be terrified by the driving, and take motion sickness medicine before Amalfi Coast drive. In Pompeii don't miss the brothels.

I will try to post more completely about each day tomorrow.

Thanks for this post!!! I keep checking everyday, to see if you have been able to update. I really wanted to know what you thought of the Blue Grotto tour in Malta....if you didn't think it was worth it, I was going to cancel our ressies. Sounds as though you liked it :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for thinking of us May 5ers....I'm hoping we get some of the great weather you have had. Enjoy the rest of your cruise, may the next few days go by really sloooooooowly (I don't mind, I have tons of packing and things to do before I'm ready to board!!) :goodvibes

Thanks for this post!!! I keep checking everyday, to see if you have been able to update. I really wanted to know what you thought of the Blue Grotto tour in Malta....if you didn't think it was worth it, I was going to cancel our ressies. Sounds as though you liked it :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for thinking of us May 5ers....I'm hoping we get some of the great weather you have had. Enjoy the rest of your cruise, may the next few days go by really sloooooooowly (I don't mind, I have tons of packing and things to do before I'm ready to board!!) :goodvibes

I thought the Blue Grotto was a very good value and a lovely tour...I would do it again!

Just to let you all know, my brilliant "cut and paste" plan is not going to work...because I am unable to "cut" on these Disney computers :confused3.

So...I will give you little tips here and there, but not a full report, until I get back. Sorry May 5th cruisers!

It has been amazing...tonight is our last night onboard, and it was sad to say goodbye to everyone...Grisell, Trevis, Shaka, Pio, Dobi...all of our favorite people onboard! Tomorrow we have a pretty horrid day ahead...Debarking at 6 AM for the first bus to the airport, and a 10:25 AM flight.

One more tip...NO ONE speaks English in Corsica, so be prepared for that. In Villefranche you will meet people that speak a bit of English but not in Corsica...even those around the pier set up with tour booths can't speak English. Also, waiters in Corsica can touch your bread before they give it to you, just a heads up.

Today we had Palo brunch and had some excitement...The weather was CRAZY today, huge waves, and a crane came a bit loose and looked nearer an nearer to breaking the windows at Palo right near our booth. They finally moved us when they realized that it was getting too close for comfort and a bunch of officers went out in the gale and tied the thing down. I spent most of my last day sleeping because it was psychotic, you couldn't walk anywhere and most activies were cancelled, we heard SO MANY plates and things crashing, including a housekeeping cart when it tumbled over. So many plates broke that they brought more in from the crew dining room. It was wild! A lot of sick people today. The crew said it was the worst tossing since the 2007 TA crossing. I was just thankful it was today and not on one of our other days...we had rain in Corsica, but not too hard..a bit in Naples but it just cooled off Pompeii and made Amalfi neater to experience if that is even possible, and a bit of rain towards the end in Villefranche when we were in Eze.

Oh, and another tip...between Saint Paul and Eze, Saint Paul WINS....they are both cool, but if you have to pick between one, pick Saint Paul. I could have stayed there half a day, an hour wasn't long enough!

And anyone with Revelation tours in Villefranche...Michele was AMAZING, we loved him, and the group that had another guide in his company felt the same way about their guide!

I'll update soon after I get home and include pics so those that are traveling later in May should get some good information, I tried to be very detailed.

Bye, bye, Mickey:sad2:

Awww well at least you had a great trip! That is so crazy about the winds. In corsic they speak French? I hope so...at least then I can get along:rotfl: Now Italy forget it, Buono? Thats really all I know

Awww well at least you had a great trip! That is so crazy about the winds. In corsic they speak French? I hope so...at least then I can get along:rotfl: Now Italy forget it, Buono? Thats really all I know

Oui, Francais!

Whew...ok, there's my lump sum knowledge! :rotfl:

We are back, and woke up at 5 AM, feeling like it was noon:(.

So, yesterday was the single most "interesting" flying day I've ever experienced. It was like everyone had just been let out of a cage (or a mental institution) and went totally beserk. Between the crabby elderly bullies behind me yelling at us for putting our seat backs back (even though their own were back too) the whole 9 hours and telling me to shut up when I tried to explain I couldn't just put the seat back "a little instead of all the way", requiring me to involve the flight attendents who looked completely shocked that these people were harrassing us in such a manor.

Then, on the flight from Philly to STL, there was a guy who at first glance didn't appear to be a nut, but spent over 2 hours clicking glass beads together. Loudly. The WHOLE flight. Then, when it was my turn to get out of the seat, when I reached up to get my bag from above he said "c'mon c'mon c'mon" pretty aggressively. At that point my husband stood up and got in his face and said "back off, do not talk to my wife like that" and kind of with his body made the guy back off since he was nearly on top of me. I said to the guy (keep in mind I am NOT a rude or aggressive person, I have a smile on my face most of the time) "you are the most annoying man I've ever seen. You just spent 2 hours annoying the hell out of everyone on this airplane with your freaking beads." He said "oh, is that right?" and I said "yes, what else do you do with those beads, Jacka*s?" And walked off. Later at baggage claim he was still twirling and clicking the beads. Seriously, what the heck? All the crazies were out in full force. Those were just the two most agressive incidents, they were many more, including those folks who decided to do stretching exercises with their heads in front of the television screen and their rear ends sticking out. I said "those folks" because there were SEVERAL of them, completely obvlious to the fact that instead of watching "two and a half men" on the screen, we were all watching their backsides stretch. All day, my favorite phrase was "are you kidding me?". Just completely oblivious. I told my husband if he ever gets that annoying, I will tell him, and he must promise me the same :thumbsup2

For those of you that requested my booklet, I advise not using cardstock for the whole thing, it will make it too thick. Use cardstock just for the front page, maybe some route maps, and the back page if you wish, but I recommend using regular paper for the middle pages.

So sorry your flights were so horrible. But, I have to say you gave me a GREAT giggle. Debi:rotfl2:

It has been amazing...tonight is our last night onboard, and it was sad to say goodbye to everyone...Grisell, Trevis, Shaka, Pio, Dobi...all of our favorite people onboard! Tomorrow we have a pretty horrid day ahead...Debarking at 6 AM for the first bus to the airport, and a 10:25 AM flight.

Enjoyed reading! Thanks!

Any chance you know Shaka's upcoming work schedule? We've got something for him and hope he's on in November. He's great, isn't he? Funny thing is, he's never been our room host - got to know him when next door to his section.

debg

Enjoyed reading! Thanks!

Any chance you know Shaka's upcoming work schedule? We've got something for him and hope he's on in November. He's great, isn't he? Funny thing is, he's never been our room host - got to know him when next door to his section.

debg

No, I don't, but I gave him my email address and asked him to email me, apparently he collects coins and I wanted to give him some from Egypt so if he emails me, I'll find out!

We are back, and woke up at 5 AM, feeling like it was noon:(.

So, yesterday was the single most "interesting" flying day I've ever experienced. It was like everyone had just been let out of a cage (or a mental institution) and went totally beserk. Between the crabby elderly bullies behind me yelling at us for putting our seat backs back (even though their own were back too) the whole 9 hours and telling me to shut up when I tried to explain I couldn't just put the seat back "a little instead of all the way", requiring me to involve the flight attendents who looked completely shocked that these people were harrassing us in such a manor.

Then, on the flight from Philly to STL, there was a guy who at first glance didn't appear to be a nut, but spent over 2 hours clicking glass beads together. Loudly. The WHOLE flight. Then, when it was my turn to get out of the seat, when I reached up to get my bag from above he said "c'mon c'mon c'mon" pretty aggressively. At that point my husband stood up and got in his face and said "back off, do not talk to my wife like that" and kind of with his body made the guy back off since he was nearly on top of me. I said to the guy (keep in mind I am NOT a rude or aggressive person, I have a smile on my face most of the time) "you are the most annoying man I've ever seen. You just spent 2 hours annoying the hell out of everyone on this airplane with your freaking beads." He said "oh, is that right?" and I said "yes, what else do you do with those beads, Jacka*s?" And walked off. Later at baggage claim he was still twirling and clicking the beads. Seriously, what the heck? All the crazies were out in full force. Those were just the two most agressive incidents, they were many more, including those folks who decided to do stretching exercises with their heads in front of the television screen and their rear ends sticking out. I said "those folks" because there were SEVERAL of them, completely obvlious to the fact that instead of watching "two and a half men" on the screen, we were all watching their backsides stretch. All day, my favorite phrase was "are you kidding me?". Just completely oblivious. I told my husband if he ever gets that annoying, I will tell him, and he must promise me the same :thumbsup2

Oh boy...I am a noise freak! I would have grabbed those beads 10 minutes into the flight! I will probably have someone who will snap gum for 6 hours next to me...that will be my luck. Those beads would have drove me bananas :scared1: Some people can be so rude. Glad you got home safely and had a great trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!