Magic Double-dip "SCOOP AWAY THE POUNDS"

I did Taco Bell today (but I did good, only a bean burrito- 7 points I think).
Of course, the 2 oatmeal cookies I ate later likely BLEW what started out as self control! :scared1: So... can I tell myself that the oatmeal cookies were from Trader Joes, and full of fiber and so maybe it was "healthy" junk???

I'd say an oatmeal cookie has SOME nutritional value ;)What's important is that having those cookies didn't trigger a binge or you didn't think the 'day' was ruined already and have more. I'm kind of in the 'eat one and forget it' school of thought.

ibouncetoo said:
I'd say an oatmeal cookie has SOME nutritional value ;)What's important is that having those cookies didn't trigger a binge or you didn't think the 'day' was ruined already and have more. I'm kind of in the 'eat one and forget it' school of thought.

works for me! :cool1:

hello all!!

the internet gods at work have not been letting me log into the dis - but for some reason today things seem to be unblocked

i started and got weighed in last week - so tomorrow will be my weigh in day - my goal is to lose 30 pounds by the cruise!

for christmas i bought the family a glider and an ab roller and i have been doing good on using them - my goal for those is to work out 5 days a week

like some of you - i am trying to cut out "most" sugar, add more salads and add a lot more water!

keep up the good work all - and i'll try and keep you posted on my progress!
:banana:

Today's my weigh-in day. I lost 1 pound. We leave for Disney on Sunday. I'm sure I'll come back heavier than my starting weight...it's too hard to say no on vacation. :blush: I wish I had waited until after vacation to start, but I didn't think of it. :rolleyes: Oh, well. I'll just volunteer to be the go-getter for whatever we need...food, drinks, fastpasses, whatever. At least I'll get some extra walking in. :teeth:

Tracy, don't worry about it. Vacations are a part of life and so are the TEMPORARY weight gains that may go with them. Enjoy yourself and have some of those special Disney treats. Maybe just consider sharing them with someone (though my Mickey bars :mickeybar are ALL MINE). All that extra walking should be a help too ::yes::

I have tried to post for the past two days. I am sure I lost weight because yesterday I spent most of my time in the bathroom. I got this awful stomach flu and it was not the way I intended to lose weight. Needless to say that I did not make it to the gym. My aerobic activity involved running to the bathroom and I figure those steps counted toward the 10K. :rotfl2:

Have fun on your trip, wish I was going with you.

Everyone keep up the good work and remember to drink drink drink :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

Hey, Hope everyone is doing well. I did pretty good today. I dran diet gingerale instead of water and I really need to work on that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will lurk later.

all i can say is - thank god we have ten months!! i got weighed in on friday and lost a whopping 1/2 pound!! argh!! oh well - at least the scale moved down :surfweb:

Morning Double Dippers!

Well, I'd call my first week 'spotty' (at best). Had about 50% 'on plan' meals and 50% 'old mode' meals. Did increase water consumption and rememberd my supplements but the activity level didn't pick up much. I did cut way back on sugar, which I'm happy about, but boy, those french fries are giving me trouble!

I'm at my sister's so I haven't been able to weight myself, I'll do that Mon morning. I don't expect to see much action there ;)

This week my focus is going to be on LUNCH....don't want to pack it, don't want to eat in the office. This is where I had the most trouble last week in falling back into poor restaurant choices. I need to explore some new places to go with better options. Maybe I can find I place I can WALK to also.

Have a great week everybody...ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Hey guys do you have room for one more? As you can see I am one of those who wants to lose 50 + lbs, which is actually 1/2 of my total goal. I have joined a walking group at work, and will be going to curves 3 or 4 days a week on top of that, and hoping to get my family out and about to as we all could use a healthier lifestyle.

Does anyone have this problem? I am one that can work out and actually gain weight while losing inches (the whole muscle weigh more than fat). It is actually discouraging to get on the scale. So I am thinking about what Wendy said and have a goal of losing what I think will be 3 dress sizes vs actually losing the 50+ lbs.

I am so glad that you started this, maybe we should all bring before pictures of ourselves on the cruise to show everyone how much "more" beautiful we have become.

There's always room for more! The more encouragement and support, the better, I always say.

I had some exciting news this morning.....little sister has decided to join me on our cruise and we're going to upgrade to a verandah ::yes:: So my 'share' of the upgraded stateroom is about the same as my Cat 11 solo traveler rate. She will also be dieting so I'll be sending her a link to this thread so she can join in. It will be great to have the person I do most of my 'social' eating with watching what they eat for the same TERRIFIC goal of an active, action packed cruise!

i have been trying to commit to not riding the elevator at all...this worked great the first week but i have had this brochitis junk and everytime i get out of breath (or breathe in general) i have a coughing fit....i have skipped the diet and fitness club for 2 weeks but still managed to lose 2 more pounds bring my total to -9 :thumbsup2

my plans this week are to focus on the healthy way of eating again and get back to the club...i may not be pushng myself on the elliptical like i was but i can still walk an hour on the threadmill while watching tv :wizard: i just want all this respiratory gunk to go away...i can't even sleep well! (my other favorite activity besides cruising!) :rotfl:

Well, I'm 0-50 so far. A little too much celebrating sister's birthday this weekend on top of a 'spotty' week to begin with. I really expected to get more activity in this weekend, but after my first full week back at work I was relapsing with my creeping crud. Same kind of thing you were experiencing txaggie.....coughing fits after exertion.

Well, it's a new day, a new week, a new life. Had my morning supplements, a big glass of water and lunch is packed. Gotta hit the shower in about 10 minutes and I'm off to work.

Have a HEALTHY day everybody!

Hey guys,

I have a new receipe for salmon that I am gonna try on Wednesday. I will let you know how it goest.

This past week I made 4pt monte critsos and they were awesome. WW has their own bread and it is 2 slices for 1 pt. Not bad. It was very tasty. I used american cheese instead of swiss (that was all I had on hand). Dreging the sandwich in eggbeaters gave me 0 pts to add and cooking them with Pam in a non stick skillet made it healthier. I did not find a big differance in taste from the belly bulging ones. The differance was that it was wheat bread instead of white.

I also found some tortillas that are low inpts to make chicken and beef enchiladas. Yummy.

Good luck all.

Anyone have any great receipes to share?

hey all!

i just completed another week where i didnt stick as well as i should have - the good news is - i stayed the same - so no additional weight to try and lose! i like the thought of "this is a new week. . . " another fresh start and what i really need to do is add more exercise - i guess identifying the problem is half the battle - right

speaking of salmon :) i tried a new recipe last night - im not a big fan of salmon - it is a bit too fishy for me - but everyone else enjoyed this - mix equal parts of mayo and parm cheese, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and bake in the oven - comes out with a nice crust on it - i think the time and temp were 400 for 20 minutes

enjoy your weekend!

Morning double-dippers! Well, I sure am having a hard time getting going on this 'diet' stuff. I have had several wholesome meals, so it's an improvement over past behavior, but I'm still having trouble remembering every time I sit down to food that I'M ATTEMPTING TO GET HEALTHY HERE!!!! I've cut way back on sugar, but the salty-crunchies are still an issue.

I've really got to pack my lunch EVERY DAY, take 30 mins to eat and spend 30 mins on the treadmill at work.....don't I realize how much that will help? Don't I realize how lucky I am to have a gym at work? Would somebody just come over here and smack me?

OK, off to pack my lunch...well, after checking out the cruise boards for a bit ;)

EDITED: For those of you who are using (or want to use) walking as your exercise, check out this thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=987674

AHOY MATIE! I found you!!!!

What are you doing up so early? What? Posting... WHAT A HUGE SURPISE! Did all you folk know that's the only way I can find her? IS to actually come on the DIS board? It's true... and we are getting really excited about our CRUISE - :goodvibes

That salmon receipe sounded great. I am gonna try it as well.

What I did was combine sugar free rasberry jelly and mesquite marinade spread on the salmon. crushed some pecans and placed on top. Baked at 400 till flaky.

It was so good that I could have eaten the whole thing. I was good and only ate my portion, but I am excited that we will finish it tonight.

I had that with sweet and salty roasted carrots (if you want the receipe let me know) and the new red skin mashed potatoes (instant). WOW was that good.

Please share more ideas it makes eating healthier more interesting.

Tight now I want CHOCOLATE and the odd thing is that I do not really like chocolate. Think I will go find a mint.

I was doing really good this week (and down 2 pounds) but today we went to the new Islands Rest. in town (those of you in Phoenix might know the place). They were having a pre-opening training day (translates free meal & rate the service). I ordered what sounded like nice low points chicken soft tacos & ate only 2 of the 3 that come with the meal. So far so good :thumbsup2 Of course the fries.... :woohoo: very yummy and packed with points I'm sure! Guess it's time to go walk off some calories and do some yard work! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter