Magic Bands

prairiesarah

Mouseketeer
Hi all - I've read through a few threads about Magic Bands but can't find my answer so thought I'd post. We are going to WDW in February/March for 2 weeks but staying offsite for the first bit of the trip, then onsite for the last bit. I'd love to have our Magic Bands for the whole trip but obviously they don't ship to Canada. Would it allow me to ship to a US address, then my friend can ship to me (not sure if that is an issue) or bring them back home when she comes home for a bit in January from the US (or her husband). If I can do that, how soon do they ship after I place the order/change my address? I just want to make sure it would time out right - they go to AZ in early November then he'll be home for a bit at the end of January and we go Feb 21st. Was going to attempt to order at least one of the upgraded bands if this will work.

You can have them shipped to US. Not sure on when they ship, but if its like the luggage tags its only about 2 weeks out. So not sure if you will have time or not.

When you're placing your magic band order, there's a spot for you to put a US address in. They won't ship to PO boxes though so they would need a physical address. Not sure how it would affect anything else. They usually ship shortly after you place your order. Good luck with that though, because I've been trying to get my order to go through for the past week and I keep getting an error saying there's an error and the order can't be processed.

I had mine shipped to a US address but then they also shipped my MDE there too. Now luckily it was with someone I was travelling with but they will be waiting for you at guest services

Does anyone know if you have to get the entire party's magic bands at the same time? We are a party of 7 and are not going until August 2020. On certain days there are special magic bands that come up, but not necessarily to the liking of all of us. Could my wife, for example, order her's and have it shipped today and me and the kids order ours a few months from now?

Does anyone know if you have to get the entire party's magic bands at the same time? We are a party of 7 and are not going until August 2020. On certain days there are special magic bands that come up, but not necessarily to the liking of all of us. Could my wife, for example, order her's and have it shipped today and me and the kids order ours a few months from now?
The last time I checked you had to order them all at the same time. If you ordered one special one they sent the rest along as gray ones automatically. That may have changed as its been a few weeks since I looked into it....I don't think that you can have them sent to Canada either - they send them to your resort.

When you're placing your magic band order, there's a spot for you to put a US address in. They won't ship to PO boxes though so they would need a physical address. Not sure how it would affect anything else. They usually ship shortly after you place your order. Good luck with that though, because I've been trying to get my order to go through for the past week and I keep getting an error saying there's an error and the order can't be processed.

Thank you (and everyone else) for your responses. I think I will do this and have them shipped to my friend. I talked to her and they are coming back for a weekend late November so if they ship right away (if I can get it to go through) she can bring them back with her then. I just would really like to be able to use them for my whole trip and not just the last 5 days. It seems unclear how far ahead they'd be available at the resort and if I could even pick them up early so that's why I'm going this route. Our trip is 2 weeks with probably 9 days at WDW over that period.

I've been playing around with adding Magic Bands to our order and it won't let you put it through until you choose one for everyone. The availability of bands seems to be the biggest complaint online that I've seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!