Magic Bands Upgrade

I called the help desk yesterday on an unrelated topic and asked if they would be getting more of these upgrade MBs. I was advised that they are not expecting to get more of the same ones. The CM said that she is speculating on "office talk" that they will get different ones and they are expecting the price point to be a little higher.

Purely speculation on her part at the point, but interesting she said that.

I called the help desk yesterday on an unrelated topic and asked if they would be getting more of these upgrade MBs. I was advised that they are not expecting to get more of the same ones. The CM said that she is speculating on "office talk" that they will get different ones and they are expecting the price point to be a little higher.

Purely speculation on her part at the point, but interesting she said that.

I hope she is simply speculating because I would be very cross with the sudden uptick in price without seeing the one I wanted

I paid for 3 upgraded bands on the first day they were released. They arrived yesterday and only 1 was upgraded. I'm fine with them being sold out, but my credit card was charged for 3. Any chance of this being fixed? I plan to call later today, but I'm not looking forward to it. :oops:

I paid for 3 upgraded bands on the first day they were released. They arrived yesterday and only 1 was upgraded. I'm fine with them being sold out, but my credit card was charged for 3. Any chance of this being fixed? I plan to call later today, but I'm not looking forward to it. :oops:

This happened to my wife and I. We ordered 2 bands, mine came upgraded but my wife's did not. Our card was hit for two bands.

I called and was bounced around from department to department because the CM's didn't seem to know where to send me.

When I finally reached someone that could help, she asked for the MagicBand order confirmation number, the date the confirmation email was sent, the time the confirmation email was sent, and what email the confirmation email was sent to.

Before I hung up the phone I asked what phone number I should call, in case I had to call back with further questions. She gave me 407.939.7765 and to hit option 4.

Googling that numbers shows that it's the 'technical difficulties' line. I had originally called the number that was listed on Disney's website under the MagicBand section, but like I said, I was bounced around.

They ended up sending my wife a $15 coupon code for her to order any MagicBand was available on the shopDisney site. Of course the MagicBand she wanted wasn't available so she had to settle for a different one.

I did not receive my souvineer luggage tags with my bands (hard plastic and about the size of a credit card). These traditionally have been included with the bands but I received the straps (useless without tags lol). I called a few different numbers - and no one was able to resolve and I gave up after 2.5 hours of calls.

But just as a point of clarification, the DME yellow paper luggage tags are sent out separately from magic bands and I have no reason to believe that magic band changes impact these dme tags from getting sent out.
Just received my luggage tags yesterday. I got 3 yellow and 1 grey. I am assuming that when you do the upgrade, you get whatever they decide, which is fine by me. They came in a plain white envelope with the Disney destinations logo in the return spot - inside was the traditional blue smaller envelope with the luggage tags and straps.

Wait a few days to see if you get the email with the discount code mentioned above. My son's MB came as plain gray and about 3-4 days later, I got the e-mail and was able to order the band he wanted with $15 off. I did not call or contact anyone to receive the e-mail.

Wait a few days to see if you get the email with the discount code mentioned above. My son's MB came as plain gray and about 3-4 days later, I got the e-mail and was able to order the band he wanted with $15 off. I did not call or contact anyone to receive the e-mail.
I wonder how these discount codes for non US residents work. Anyone else wouldn't even know they didn't get the correct bands until they showed up at the resort. I'm really glad I didn't manage to order because I would have hated to show up at my resort and not received the band I had paid for and then had to waste my vacation time trying to fix it.

I wonder how these discount codes for non US residents work. Anyone else wouldn't even know they didn't get the correct bands until they showed up at the resort. I'm really glad I didn't manage to order because I would have hated to show up at my resort and not received the band I had paid for and then had to waste my vacation time trying to fix it.
I'm from Australia and have the discount code, they have emailed me and told me 1 of my 3 weren't available. You just need to send the band to the resort and clearly mark it like this

YOUR FULL NAME
YOUR RESORT NAME
YOUR RESORT ADDRESS
RESERVATION #/CHECK IN DATE/PMB

the PMB at the end is for Premium Magic Band
This is the info I received from Disney regarding this.
The band will be at the resort when you check in. You just have to make sure you order it 2 weeks before you arrive.

I'm from Australia and have the discount code, they have emailed me and told me 1 of my 3 weren't available. You just need to send the band to the resort and clearly mark it like this

YOUR FULL NAME
YOUR RESORT NAME
YOUR RESORT ADDRESS
RESERVATION #/CHECK IN DATE/PMB

the PMB at the end is for Premium Magic Band
This is the info I received from Disney regarding this.
The band will be at the resort when you check in. You just have to make sure you order it 2 weeks before you arrive.
That's great if you are told about it. A number of people didn't get an email and weren't told anything and there was no note left. They opened their boxes and saw solid coloured bands. How is the resort going to know in that situation that those weren't the bands you ordered? Calling when I get there isn't ideal and having them send a band to the resort after I've arrived and may not get there till my last day defeats the purpose.

That's great if you are told about it. A number of people didn't get an email and weren't told anything and there was no note left. They opened their boxes and saw solid coloured bands. How is the resort going to know in that situation that those weren't the bands you ordered? Calling when I get there isn't ideal and having them send a band to the resort after I've arrived and may not get there till my last day defeats the purpose.
You should be able to see what bands you have allocated to you in MDE. I can see that mine is solid and DH and DD have the ones they chose.
The whole roll out was a complete mess, I'm sure plenty of people didn't get bands and had to have a solid one.

Does anyone know if there's a cutoff date for the Magic Bands for Annual Pass renewals? I just renewed and my new pass goes into effect in 4 days. Since I already have all the plain colors I want, I'd like to just wait to order a new one until they have the premium options available again, but I just want to be sure they won't randomly pick one on my actual renewal date or anything like that.

When I look at it in the app, it just references the 11 days before the trip, but that doesn't really apply to me as a local, since I don't stay on site, so I'm hoping I can just let it sit unclaimed for now until I can get the new options. Does anyone know for sure if that will work?

What floors me is the lack of any recompense for those with upcoming trips. Sure a FEW people on here are getting a coupon for Shop Disney but I see little mention on this from others.

I have an upcoming trip but it isn't until December. I really wish they had done a pre-order and prioritized fulfillment by date. I like being able to choose my bands early but really feel for those with closer trips who want the upgrades but won't be able to get them.

I ordered one the day they were available and was charged the $10. Never got a confirmation email but today received an email saying it shipped with tracking info. Guess we will see when it arrives if its the upgraded band.

My FP day was last Sunday. I'm terrified to try to order these.

I still haven't seen them in stock.

Our trip is in October. I'm hoping they come back, but this seems to have been a disaster as far as planning is concerned. They clearly underestimated the popularity and were not ready in case it was popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts