Magic Bands Upgrade

We got our bands yesterday. They came just as the website showed them (2 upgraded, 2 solid colors). Of course, we ordered 4 upgraded ones, and there was no communication from Disney that the order had changed. I had a confirmation email with the 4 upgraded bands from right after we placed our order.

My wife called and talked to a very nice CM. I think she was pretty frustrated by the whole thing, but she was doing her best. As I understand it, she is processing a new order for the 2 "missing" bands, but there's no guarantee they are in stock even though they are both currently in stock on Shop Disney. They obviously seem to have different inventory.

I think we're supposed to get a new email if a new shipment gets processed, but I'm not sure about the timing or anything else so I guess we'll wait a few days and see what happens. Our trip is in July so we have a few weeks to get it worked out.

This story pretty much mirrors others that had a mixed shipment of upgrades and solids, but it's further confirmation about their current process. I'll echo not understanding why you'd ship an order that's different than the confirmation email without first talking to the recipient. Baffling. It's pretty obvious someone didn't think through this whole thing very well, but the folks trying to clean it up seem to be doing their best.

My bands all arrived as ordered on Friday. My only complaint is they forgot to put the souvenir luggage tags on the box even though they shipped the luggage tag bands (clear plastic bands to affix tags to luggage) and gave the pamphlet showing us where the tags should have been.

I have perspective. I’m going to disney world. Also my luggage tags aren’t as dire as not getting what was ordered or site being down.

Also I support phases roll out based on arrival date. Which isn’t exactly the same as “first come first served” since that typically applies to early bird getting the worm which is exactly what happened. Be that as it may, I had a couple days left to customize so i didn’t “take” someone else’s band spot, I don’t think.

I received my upgraded magic bands as well. They came with the Magical Extras card and vouchers, but neither the souvenir tags or the bands to attach them were in the box. I booked a My Way package through a travel agent, they told me to call the My Disney Experience web team at 407-939-7765 to see if they can help.

For those of you who ordered these - when is your trip? I ordered ours Tuesday- all upgraded bands (Minnie bows/Darth/Pirates and Toy Story) and got a confirmation email but nothing after that - when should they ship??? Or is there somewhere I can log in and check status???

I ordered them the day that they started selling them and my trip isn't until October. I received the correct upgraded bands yesterday.

We got our bands yesterday. They came just as the website showed them (2 upgraded, 2 solid colors). Of course, we ordered 4 upgraded ones, and there was no communication from Disney that the order had changed. I had a confirmation email with the 4 upgraded bands from right after we placed our order.

My wife called and talked to a very nice CM. I think she was pretty frustrated by the whole thing, but she was doing her best. As I understand it, she is processing a new order for the 2 "missing" bands, but there's no guarantee they are in stock even though they are both currently in stock on Shop Disney. They obviously seem to have different inventory.

I think we're supposed to get a new email if a new shipment gets processed, but I'm not sure about the timing or anything else so I guess we'll wait a few days and see what happens. Our trip is in July so we have a few weeks to get it worked out.

This story pretty much mirrors others that had a mixed shipment of upgrades and solids, but it's further confirmation about their current process. I'll echo not understanding why you'd ship an order that's different than the confirmation email without first talking to the recipient. Baffling. It's pretty obvious someone didn't think through this whole thing very well, but the folks trying to clean it up seem to be doing their best.

We experienced the same thing. It was Tuesday when I called and the CM "ordered" me the correct band to replace the grey we got. Today I got a shipping notification with the correct upgraded band listed. Let's hope this works. If that is the case, I would guess in a few days you should get a shipping notice as long as they aren't super bogged down. I know lots of people have been calling.

This is what I get when I go to either Edit an existing order for Magic Bands, or choose our solid color ones for our trip in August. So it's not even letting me pick a solid color Magic Band at this time. Not sure if this was already mentioned in pages previous.

View attachment 404439
This is the message I was getting earlier today and yesterday. Open the site in an incognito tab and it should work!

I'm a little nervous seeing a lot of posts that the wrong magic bands arrived and not the ones they upgraded to. Our magic bands are supposed to arrive tomorrow and I just want the order to be correct!! If any get screwed up, I hope it is mine because my son loves the Thanos one and my girlfriend loves the castle one.

We experienced the same thing. It was Tuesday when I called and the CM "ordered" me the correct band to replace the grey we got. Today I got a shipping notification with the correct upgraded band listed. Let's hope this works. If that is the case, I would guess in a few days you should get a shipping notice as long as they aren't super bogged down. I know lots of people have been calling.

Good news. We got a shipping notification today. The two missing bands are listed in the email as well so I have high hopes everything is in order. I'm assuming they won't be personalized, but considering how little that really seems to matter (since it's on the underside of the band), I'm not bothered by it.

Yes, it sounds like this is the vast majority of their calls right now. For anyone else dealing with this issue, call them. Be patient and kind to the person on the phone, and they'll do their best to get your situation handled (inventory willing).

My magic bands arrived today. Mine is correct, my wife's is a solid. Currently waiting on hold for a Disney rep.

Is anyone else Canadian and have to wait until they get to the resort to find out? I only have about a week left to place my order. Trying to decide if I should go through the hassle of calling or just wait until I get there to sort it out.

This is the message I was getting earlier today and yesterday. Open the site in an incognito tab and it should work!
Just tried it, not working. Only 7 colors available.
I have ordered a Darth Vader MB two times and both times after I ordered it I received no email about the upgrade. Moreover, the people in my party tried to upgrade theirs at the sam e time and the message was that they could not complete the process at this time. Each time the selected magic band has up and vanished like a fart in the wind (movie quote from Shawshank Redemption). Our trip is in December and we have time to upgrade, but it is just ridiculous to go on the WDW website and try for this advertised and promised upgrade. I have always wanted a Star Wars magic band. My wife and the rest of our party are excited about some of the upgrades as we have been fortunate enough to be able to go to WDW several times. We really want a different experience than a plain colored magic band. We have several of those to the point that it was hard to select a solid color. We have a split stay coming up and we were looking forward to possibly doing two upgrades (one for sure) and this garbage that is happening with this potential upgrade is really frustrating. I know that we have time and these things may work out, but I cannot understand why I order one one minute and the next minute it isn't there. Disney really messed this one up. I have been a part of the DISBoards for a long time and have never been a complainer, but I hope someone at WDW sees this post.

Just tried it, not working. Only 7 colors available.
I have ordered a Darth Vader MB two times and both times after I ordered it I received no email about the upgrade. Moreover, the people in my party tried to upgrade theirs at the sam e time and the message was that they could not complete the process at this time. Each time the selected magic band has up and vanished like a fart in the wind (movie quote from Shawshank Redemption). Our trip is in December and we have time to upgrade, but it is just ridiculous to go on the WDW website and try for this advertised and promised upgrade. I have always wanted a Star Wars magic band. My wife and the rest of our party are excited about some of the upgrades as we have been fortunate enough to be able to go to WDW several times. We really want a different experience than a plain colored magic band. We have several of those to the point that it was hard to select a solid color. We have a split stay coming up and we were looking forward to possibly doing two upgrades (one for sure) and this garbage that is happening with this potential upgrade is really frustrating. I know that we have time and these things may work out, but I cannot understand why I order one one minute and the next minute it isn't there. Disney really messed this one up. I have been a part of the DISBoards for a long time and have never been a complainer, but I hope someone at WDW sees this post.
What part isn't working? The upgraded bands are not currently available. Only the usual solids.

They were available three mornings ago and then went away after we had selected two upgraded bands.

Got an email today apologizing that my band had sold out and I am receiving a grey band (it arrives tomorrow). I did not call Disney. The email then said I could get a $15 credit on ordering a band (Including shipping)- either the one I had originally ordered (if in stock) or another band. So I'll be getting one from there. Too bad it had to come to this but I am glad they are trying making it right. Good luck to the rest of you.

So my experience... for what it's worth.

I had picked out our magic bands when they first opened it up... but I didn't complete the order as I thought that I had plenty of time (our trip is in Sept).

After I saw the reports of the upgrades not being available, I checked the status on the 27th. I saw that my choice had been removed but both my DW and DD still had their choices listed.

Not being sure what would happen, I chose a solid band for myself and completed the order. I received an email stating that it was confirmed.

Last night I got a confirmation email that my order was being shipped, with expected delivery on Saturday. MDE shows the correct three that I ordered. I'll provide an update on if we receive what we actually ordered.

We received our order today, it contained what I purchased (two upgraded and one solid). While I would have liked to have been able to order an upgraded band for myself I'm ok with just getting them for DW and DD.

Good luck to everyone with their orders.

new to this thread so i'm not caught up . august trip. went to do mb thinking to upgrade one for ds but it only shows solid colors. doesn't show anything else. what does that mean?

new to this thread so i'm not caught up . august trip. went to do mb thinking to upgrade one for ds but it only shows solid colors. doesn't show anything else. what does that mean?
It means they are out of stock on upgraded bands. You can either choose to customize now or wait until other options exist if that’s what you want. With an August trip you have lots of time for the surge issues to subside.

It means they are out of stock on upgraded bands. You can either choose to customize now or wait until other options exist if that’s what you want. With an August trip you have lots of time for the surge issues to subside.
Does anyone know when the upgraded band options will be back in stock?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!