Magic Bands Upgrade

We are under the 60 day mark and got 2 upgrade bands for our party of 3. DD wanted one so I got one too while DH stayed with a solid color one. I go to MDE on line and it shows DD's and DH's band but mine is gray. Just says preparing to ship but I figure it will not be until the end of next month before we get them.

I do not understand how they underestimated demand with supply and all the technical errors that have happened - delay of launch, page crashes, not showing what one ordered and now apparently not receiving what was ordered (sorry to hear that vicarrieous).

We are under the 60 day mark and got 2 upgrade bands for our party of 3. DD wanted one so I got one too while DH stayed with a solid color one. I go to MDE on line and it shows DD's and DH's band but mine is gray. Just says preparing to ship but I figure it will not be until the end of next month before we get them.

I do not understand how they underestimated demand with supply and all the technical errors that have happened - delay of launch, page crashes, not showing what one ordered and now apparently not receiving what was ordered (sorry to hear that vicarrieous).

It has been so frustrating for so many people. I think what irks me the most is the communication. I mean overselling and sending a different item without any communication of that replacement is really poor customer service. AND of course the one band we won't get is for my youngest who is the birthday boy, so I will probably be shelling out more money on Shop Disney to get him an upgraded one since we all have one. Disney gets more money from me again!

@slatterie I am sorry to hear about your grey band of doom. I have talked to TWO CMS who both told me its a visual error, but I am pretty sure they know nothing or are just guessing. I am starting to see reports of people who ordered and got solid colored bands instead of the upgraded ones they ordered. Did you get a confirmation email?

It has been so frustrating for so many people. I think what irks me the most is the communication. I mean overselling and sending a different item without any communication of that replacement is really poor customer service. AND of course the one band we won't get is for my youngest who is the birthday boy, so I will probably be shelling out more money on Shop Disney to get him an upgraded one since we all have one. Disney gets more money from me again!

@slatterie I am sorry to hear about your grey band of doom. I have talked to TWO CMS who both told me its a visual error, but I am pretty sure they know nothing or are just guessing. I am starting to see reports of people who ordered and got solid colored bands instead of the upgraded ones they ordered. Did you get a confirmation email?

Yep. Got the conformation email right after I paid (late on the 1st day they were available after multiple tries). Nothing has shipped yet. Have to cross that when it happens. I will be pretty bummed if it does happen I get the gray one. I am an adult and can handle disappointment (dont worry Disney will hear all about my disappointment - lol), but it irks me for people who ordered for special occasions and kids and they did not get them. I hope Disney will make it right for everyone.

I agree with all of this ... I get that stuff sells out but they should be able to tell that at the point someone tries to order it - not after a credit card is charged and shipment happens

They obviously didn’t think that this would be popular. Huge mistake. When they announced this, I said that this will be extremely popular. Just $10 to upgrade. It’s a no brainer. They way underestimated. Hoping they get this fixed before my fall trip.

At least My Disney Experience shows a message now.
My status is still the same after almost a week. Pending charge still on my card, and no ability to even go in and edit the bands I TRIED to order (get an error page).

My status is still the same after almost a week. Pending charge still on my card, and no ability to even go in and edit the bands I TRIED to order (get an error page).
My pending charge was there for a few days then disappeared for a few days but now the charge has been posted to my credit card. MDE is showing our upgraded bands and has a message saying that ordering is closed. Maybe your order has gone through and that’s why you can’t get in anymore?

I'm positive that the case. Disney has had IT problems since I started using their website about 2002 or so. I will never understand how they don't have a decent IT department with all the money they have. I've given up on it ever getting better after all these years. Same thing with FP+, half of them show, then go away, then show back up. It's just ridiculous, but nothing to worry about. In the end, I've always gotten what I reserved or ordered.

I hope so because the site now says they've shipped them with a tracking number. If we end up with two solid bands, we'll be calling up ourselves a CM to see what they can make of it.

I will say I have more faith in the magic band people than I do Disney IT. If there is a constant in the universe, it is the consistent inconsistency of Disney IT.

We ordered 4 upgraded bands for our trip at the end of June. We received three upgraded bands and one solid band (which was at least the color I had originally chosen before the upgrade availability.) I do wish they had sent a notice about the change so that we had a chance to choose a different upgrade. All in all, still content.

They actually shipped you a solid color band after upgrading it?

We ordered 4 upgraded bands for our trip at the end of June. We received three upgraded bands and one solid band (which was at least the color I had originally chosen before the upgrade availability.) I do wish they had sent a notice about the change so that we had a chance to choose a different upgrade. All in all, still content.

This is exactly what happened to us. I ordered 4 upgraded last Monday late afternoon, the first day they were available. I got a confirmation that stated the correct bands, and had a pending charge on my cc. Then, when I checked the next day or so, MDE pictured 2 of them correctly, one as a plain yellow one, and one as a blank circle. They arrived yesterday, and the 2 that had looked correct did come correct as the upgraded bands, the one that was a blank circle came correct as the upgraded band, and the one that showed a plain yellow band came as a that, and not the Sorcerer Mickey band that we had upgraded to. Of course, that was one of our kid's bands who had been so excited to get that particular band. I called DSS since we're staying CL, and they looked into it and supposedly someone will be contacting me about getting one from shopdisney that won't be personalized but will be the correct band. However, they said they couldn't give me a timeframe and we leave June 12th, so I'll believe this when it happens.

I think what annoys me the most is that when they couldn't send the correct order they just sent a plain colored one. I would never have ordered 3 of us upgraded bands and one of the kids a plain one. I would have had him pick another band, or possibly just then all took free bands. Instead they said nothing and sent the wrong thing, and when they arrived everything was sold out so it's that much harder to get anything changed. What a terrible way of handling orders that couldn't be fulfilled correctly.

I have a tracking number showing delivery on Tuesday, but oddly the pending charge disappeared and there is no charge for MB on my card at all anymore. And now I'm worried about what's in the package.

They arrived Saturday and they are what I ordered, so that's a relief. Still no charge on my credit card, though.

This is exactly what happened to us. I ordered 4 upgraded last Monday late afternoon, the first day they were available. I got a confirmation that stated the correct bands, and had a pending charge on my cc. Then, when I checked the next day or so, MDE pictured 2 of them correctly, one as a plain yellow one, and one as a blank circle. They arrived yesterday, and the 2 that had looked correct did come correct as the upgraded bands, the one that was a blank circle came correct as the upgraded band, and the one that showed a plain yellow band came as a that, and not the Sorcerer Mickey band that we had upgraded to. Of course, that was one of our kid's bands who had been so excited to get that particular band. I called DSS since we're staying CL, and they looked into it and supposedly someone will be contacting me about getting one from shopdisney that won't be personalized but will be the correct band. However, they said they couldn't give me a timeframe and we leave June 12th, so I'll believe this when it happens.

I think what annoys me the most is that when they couldn't send the correct order they just sent a plain colored one. I would never have ordered 3 of us upgraded bands and one of the kids a plain one. I would have had him pick another band, or possibly just then all took free bands. Instead they said nothing and sent the wrong thing, and when they arrived everything was sold out so it's that much harder to get anything changed. What a terrible way of handling orders that couldn't be fulfilled correctly.

Well, that's disappointing. In what world do they think this is a good way to deal with the stock problem? As others have said, this became a communication problem, and they seem to have really dropped the ball.

We received ours on Friday, exactly what was ordered, One upgrade and four original colors. They were also personalized. The charge posted to my CC that afternoon after dropping off the pending the day before.

This is where I am, too. Yesterday the CM said they couldn't provide any information at all at this stage - that they don't have access to anything until it changes to shipped, which could take 10 days or so (but is that accurate? who knows...), and they don't know why I'm getting an error and they think that will go away when it changes to shipped. I asked what happened if it just never changed to shipped, and they said to call back late this week if it hasn't changed and maybe they'll have more info. My trip is 40 days away, so I'm trying not to stress, but my 4yo is going to be heartbroken if he doesn't get his slinky dog band, and it's in store only on the Shop Parks app, so I can't even buy it just in case, and this is really just kind of making me sad right now.

We had picked out our bands out but I hadn't ordered them... I saw this thread this morning, so I logged into MDE; two of the bands that had been chosen were still listed under the correct person while the third showed none. I ordered a solid color for the third and completed the order. It "appears" to have gone though as I got a confirmation email and my card has been charged... we'll see it guess.

Tallis[/URL] said:

IT woes and price increases are Disney's version of death and taxes. :smokin:

Another thing I have noticed is there is serious inconsistency/'screwiness' when it comes to the dates to customize your MB. So on my MB page on MDE, it shows me as "43 Days to complete your order." When you click on the "Why?" it gives the newer information (some of it) that customizing 10-6 days before the trip and they'll be ready for us at the resort for pick up, 5 days or less and we can't customize (it only implies that 11 days or more and they will ship it, which is what the new upgrade information has been). However, we're currently 75 days from our trip, so the main page is still, sort of going on the old customization schedule. If that's still the old one even - it's not clear any more whether it's the 30 days it has traditionally been or the 11 days that has been in all the new upgrade info. Furthermore, what's weird, is that 43 days to customize takes us to 32 days before our trip, not 30 days like it always in the past - so who the heck knows what's going on with their system (also, since we have a "split stay" - staying one night at Pop before transferring to Yacht, the other trip says "44 day," which would still be 32 days from arrival there).

We have a blank circle for a Thanos band we ordered. I was wondering if it would come correctly. We are due to get it tomorrow.

We have a blank circle for a Thanos band we ordered. I was wondering if it would come correctly. We are due to get it tomorrow.
I hope so. I upgraded to a Darth Vader band the day they announced the upgrade. Never got a confirmation email or charge from WDW. It was listed in MDE for a few days and then was gone with the wind. We have until November to get our order done so there is some hope that we will be able to upgrade, but what a disaster for those of you whose vacation is right now. I really can’t believe that they messed up this badly.

Another thing I have noticed is there is serious inconsistency/'screwiness' when it comes to the dates to customize your MB. So on my MB page on MDE, it shows me as "43 Days to complete your order." When you click on the "Why?" it gives the newer information (some of it) that customizing 10-6 days before the trip and they'll be ready for us at the resort for pick up, 5 days or less and we can't customize (it only implies that 11 days or more and they will ship it, which is what the new upgrade information has been). However, we're currently 75 days from our trip, so the main page is still, sort of going on the old customization schedule. If that's still the old one even - it's not clear any more whether it's the 30 days it has traditionally been or the 11 days that has been in all the new upgrade info. Furthermore, what's weird, is that 43 days to customize takes us to 32 days before our trip, not 30 days like it always in the past - so who the heck knows what's going on with their system (also, since we have a "split stay" - staying one night at Pop before transferring to Yacht, the other trip says "44 day," which would still be 32 days from arrival there).
I was going to bring this up, too. My trip is 30 days away, my countdown disappeared yesterday, but I still have the option to customize. Also wondering if that means that my order won't be processing/shipping within the next few days or so like usual, or if I now have to wait until the 11 days out for that to happen. I did not order any upgraded bands. Really hoping I don't have to wait. I know I don't need the bands now, but waiting until that close to the trip would make me nervous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!