Magic Bands info for the new test dates in August

My family was just chosen two days ago to take part in the August testing and we are staying at the Yacht Club.

I haven't read through all of the thread pages so I don't know if these have been addressed, but here's my imput:
We called and asked if we could use the regular fast pass service and we were told no, but we've seen other people that have. If this is just testing us as people who agreed to help Disney out shouldn't be restricted.
Also, what about park hopper? Then you have even less fast passes.
Lastly, we aren't people to plan out everything in advance, except a few things because I dining reservations, ect. We're not going to know what fastpasses we need because the crowds may vary or we might not have time. It's to much planning ahead that may be useless.

You could always say no.

Noticed today that my DMX page has a slightly different menu on the right, with "Manage MagicBands" (no mention of cards) and "Make FastPass+ Selections" as separate items...but still no joy.

Disney still doesn't want me testing...come on Disney, you KNOW you'll get great technical feedback!

Sadly, I'll be staying at the Swolphin in November, so likely still on the blacklist... ;)

So, unlike the last test, there is no list of resorts/qualifications of who is being invited? Odd.

The information we got last time was from an internal site, not public info I believe.

There is still no public info on this one, but no one has put forth any definitive internal information. But we DO know that no one outside of the four resorts mentioned several times in the last several posts have been able to customize their magicbands, or received emails on testing. I've got two different resort stays next month, and I can't. Neither resort is on that list.

As for check-in/check-out days, no, we don't have definitive dates, but it seems everyone involved is within August.

Any Ak DVC stays invited yet for August?

I don't believe any DVC reservations are involved in the August test. The BLT test coming up is the first test involving the DVC reservation system (which is independent from the CRO reservation system).

I asked Disney today if we would be asked to provide feedback after out test, so I could plan for it. The CM told me there will be NO feedback survey for guest participating in this round of testing. But don't hesitate to contact them at any point if we have any questions or concerns.

I asked Disney today if we would be asked to provide feedback after out test, so I could plan for it. The CM told me there will be NO feedback survey for guest participating in this round of testing. But don't hesitate to contact them at any point if we have any questions or concerns.

That makes this test sound more like a test of functionality in preparation for roll-out, a "can the system handle it all" type of thing. Hmmm.

You could always say no.

Yes, but as you can see we chose to say yes. I'm just giving my input before the testing with some questions before mymagic+ is rolled out officially for everyone. There's not a lot info now as we can all tell. We as being Disney fanatics want to take part in a new system and see what it's really about. Not complaining, just wondering about things. :)

My MagicBands and official letter are scheduled to arrive today. Can't wait to get home to see them.

xeoi1w.jpg

My MagicBands just arrived! They are nicely packaged in a box with everyone's name below their band.

The only email I had previously received was one I got two days ago saying they shipped. But the letter (in a separate envelope than the bands) DOES say that we are invited to help test MyMagic+.

So I don't think you need to worry about an email invitation. Once you receive your bands and this letter, you know you're part of the test.

I never received an email, but customized my magic bands and scheduled fp+. My magic bands just arrived at my house today for our trip in 20 days. Are they not going to work because I didn't get an email? I'm staying at Pop.

How long did it take from your personalize-by date to when they shipped them? My deadline was Saturday.

I want to say the day after the customizing part fell off they shipped ups next day. Mine officially shipped out the 19th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter