Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

Interesting. I'm not a fan of Figment, but it's cute:

I'm not a fan of figment either. I'm so glad I didn't order it and would have been mad if I received it.

Anyone looking for bands they have moana, alien from toy story, olaf, and tinkerbell.

I saw someone mentioned earlier they called and rep said they try to update inventory hourly, but is it beginning of hour that they do it?

Has any seen the ladies villains band come back since the first day they released this upgraded band program? That is the one I have really be wanting but it has never come back into the list since the first release.

I've only been trying to get upgraded bands for a couple days, and I'm already annoyed.

The only way to get a band embossed with a name is thru a Disney reservation, correct? If I could buy one through Shop Disney or something and get a name on it, I would pay full freight.

I'm trying to get a Mickey (Sorcerer or the outfit) one for my GF, and I'd prefer to have it customized with her name to make a better souvenir...

(And yes, I do know the name is on the underside.)

Last edited:
well.. unless I am missing something, you do this on the MDE app or site right? The last couple days I keep receiving an error? I cant even load the page!

well.. unless I am missing something, you do this on the MDE app or site right? The last couple days I keep receiving an error? I cant even load the page!

You probably need to clear your cache/cookies or do an incognito browser. It's working fine for me on both the app and site.

If you do find what you want, but not done shopping for the day, have you notice if the magicbands are still in your cart the next day and available?

Did they email you about a refund? I saw it online a few days ago, a cast member couldn't agree to a refund like they did with the star wars, so I didn't select it. My portal says today is the last day to select a magic band even though its more than 11 days out of my resort stay. So a cast member said I have till 11 days of check in to select a magic band. Well see if that holds true. I've been refreshing like crazy trying to get castle today.

Nope, I haven’t received anything about a refund or the order being cancelled. Just the confirmation email stating that it would be available at the resort for pick up. When I logged in online it said the same thing.

Lol 1 step closer at the castle, it finally let me hit select where I saw the price as 10.00. Then went to proceed to checkout before saying sold out. It sucks that everything is under shop Disney and I told a rep that it needs to be all one. The website needs to refresh and load faster showing what's available, and to quickly remove it off the site for sold out. I suggested that instead of us trying to refresh constantly, they take a more proactive approach. They should contact us with a list of our top 3 choices for each member of the party. Then once our order can get fulfilled they reach out to us for payment. Saves everyone from disappointment. Yes it would be more work for them but it's easier since they know what's actually in stock.

There are two gates to get through: 1) Selecting and customizing a magic band and 2) Checking out. Half the time I get stopped at 1) with out-of-stock message and half the time I get stopped at 2) with out-of-stock message. Who knew it was this hard to give Disney my money?

I have hit on a workaround for having to make magic band selections for the entire group. Between split stays and annual passes, I can focus each order on one member of my party. No waiting for that mythical time when all choices line up. Using this method I managed to complete one transaction for a Pluto. 3 bands and 60 days to go.

Just wanted to join in the fray here with my frustrations. My gf and I both liked the "I am Figment" band, but I was going to let her have it and get a different one for myself. I selected the figment one for her, no problem, then EVERY OTHER ONE I tried to select for myself was "Out of Stock." Sometimes it would give me that right when selecting, sometimes not till I went to checkout. I tried for two days, multiple times per day. Tried selecting any one that popped up that I even remotely liked. Every single one was out of stock. Probably tried 5 or 6 different styles in total. Meanwhile, the Figment one stayed in my gf's "cart" and also every time I checked the selection, it was always there, even while others had changed. So I figured I'd give that one a try for myself too. Boom. Worked like a charm. No clue if it was always there b/c it was already in my gf's cart or just because they have a ton of em, but I like it anyways so I'll take it.

As others have said though, the system is practically useless and beyond frustrating. There's honestly no excuse for it to be so bad. The biggest issue is, if it's not in stock, it shouldn't be in there, plain and simple. I saw some of the same ones disappear and reappear several times throughout the day. That makes no sense. They need to either fix it or scrap it all together and come up with a new system because this one is just plain busted.

I'm wondering if there's a particular time of day when people are having success at ordering these. Or is it just random? (Been trying for weeks, just like all of you--no dice so far.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter