Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

If it magically stays in your cart, when you check out it will probably say out of stock

That's what happened to me.

Is anyone having trouble accessing the site. I keep getting stitch on the app and on the website saying something ate the page

That's what happened to me.

Is anyone having trouble accessing the site. I keep getting stitch on the app and on the website saying something ate the page
Stitch ate the page I’m trying to access as well. Perhaps this means Disney is going to improve all of the inventory glitches...wishful thinking!

Wow, I stopped watching it for awhile in hopes things leveled out but inventory selection now is worse than its ever been. I really hope they throw some different MBs back in there.

It's so frustrating that they all have to be ordered at the same time. I find 1 of 4, but nothing the other 3 would like. By the time something else suitable is offered, the first one is gone. I can understand not wanting to ship separately, but I wish you could order and pay and they would just hold for shipping until all bands are chosen. Or better yet-have an option to select a plain band or receive a voucher # for money off MB at ShopDisney.

I've been checking frequently for about a week and haven't seen any Star Wars show up. Has anyone seen any lately? I don't need to choose until early November, so I guess I can wait. Does anyone know if Figment shows up often/frequently? It's ostensibly here now but I can't tell the likelihood of catching it again in the next two months.

Update 11:27 am ET-- the BB8 band popped up and I snagged it! The Dole Whip and a cute MInnie band are also there right now.

Last edited:

I got two 10 minutes ago. Pretty much 3-4th choices, but I'm satisfied.
The Mickey & friends 2019 for my GF and Mickey Americana for myself.

Interesting that they can't ship to PO boxes; the regular bands I got in May went to my PO box.

As for the Star Wars question above, I've seen them past couple days. There is currently a BB8 and I think one other right now.

Got as far as check out. Then they say unable to complete request. Try again later. Trying again doesn’t work. Any work around?

So we finally got the bands we wanted. I think bc star wars was an option no one was trying for the others. Anyway how long after you order them do they get mailed to you?

Woohoo! Finally got one of my choices! Persistence pays off! My traveling partner just wanted a solid color, so thankfully I was only trying for one! Good luck everyone!

So we finally got the bands we wanted. I think bc star wars was an option no one was trying for the others. Anyway how long after you order them do they get mailed to you?
The confirmation email I got said they should be received 10 business days before your vacation.

I ended up having to call them because I ordered a 2019 Mickey Mouse/Goofy/Donald/Pluto magic band and we don't go until 2020 and I was trying to change it and they said it's already in production and that I should be getting them fairly soon. So happy they will be coming soon but bummed because now I have a 2019 magic band for a 2020 trip. not sure what I'm going to do :(

I noticed the BB-8 as well, got it and one other custom, one plain band - 2 out of 3 wasn't too bad. Now I can rest - took about 40 days .....sad but true

After stalking the sight for weeks and deciding the other day to just select the purple magic band and be done with it, i went to the site a few moments ago and was able to get the white castle magic band - so EXCITED.......

This is genius on Disney's part. We make 2 or 3 trips a year and I normally decline magic bands. You can't do that anymore except through the resort check-in. I tried but kept getting error messages and then read reports here that "declined" magic bands (in gray) were either being shipped or waiting at the resort. I don't need any more gray bands, so I started looking at the upgrades and kept getting out of stock messages every time. At some point it became a snowball rolling downhill - I was going to get an upgraded magic band. Finally, I was able to get a Pluto one for my husband and the only other one available - a cute, pink 2019 food and wine festival Chef Mickey band for around $30. They were shipped the following day and the band that came is a purple one with Figment - nothing like the one shown online. I know it's all my fault, but Disney's incompetence just made them an easy $40.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter