Magic Band Testing for November???

KNovacovschi said:
Now that I have a MB will my BOG lunch FP show up on it or do I still need to take the confirmation page?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No, it has nothing to do with mb's. It's a separate system. You should just go to the podium at your alloted time and give them ur name.

Was just able to customize bands and select FP for trip Nov. 23-30.

Quick questions.
Am I remembering correctly when I say that once you opt into FP+ and select your 3 FP's per park, you then can not obtain additional FPs in the park once you are in Disney? Is this correct? I know that you can change them at anytime, but are you limited to 3 per park?

Also I thought I had read that MK was allowing 4 FPs. I was only allowed to select 3. Were 4 only allowed in testing phase?

Your first question will have to go to someone who has visited the parks recently, but I thought someone had said once one FP+ is used or expired, you were able to select another (same day, same park thing).

The fabled 4th FP+ selection for MK seems to have been a random, occasional thing, and no one has reported getting a fourth recently.

Quick questions.
Am I remembering correctly when I say that once you opt into FP+ and select your 3 FP's per park, you then can not obtain additional FPs in the park once you are in Disney? Is this correct? I know that you can change them at anytime, but are you limited to 3 per park?

Also I thought I had read that MK was allowing 4 FPs. I was only allowed to select 3. Were 4 only allowed in testing phase?

Right now the FP machines are still in the park. They will remain at least until off-site and day guests are included in MM+. While the machines are still there you will be able to pull FPs the old way, in addition to the three FP+ selections you have made. There has been no word from Disney, one way or the other, what will happen once the FP machines are gone.

The 4th FP+ does not seem to have come up for a while. Personally, I think it was just another component of the testing phase.

Right now the FP machines are still in the park. They will remain at least until off-site and day guests are included in MM+. While the machines are still there you will be able to pull FPs the old way, in addition to the three FP+ selections you have made. There has been no word from Disney, one way or the other, what will happen once the FP machines are gone.

The 4th FP+ does not seem to have come up for a while. Personally, I think it was just another component of the testing phase.

Thanks for the response.

If the FP machines are still in the parks and functioning, you would need a key card to access them, right? Will onsite guests who have the bands still be able to have a key card as well? We are going with a rather large group and I'm just trying to sort everything out so that everyone in our group can be well informed upon entering the parks.

This is what has me confused too. I have a MYW package. If I have a MB (no paper ticket/room key) then I can not access the old FP machines, right? So if I get a MB I am limited to the 3 FP+ a day.

Can I opt out of MB/FP+ and just stick to my KTTW and old fastpass?

This is what has me confused too. I have a MYW package. If I have a MB (no paper ticket/room key) then I can not access the old FP machines, right? So if I get a MB I am limited to the 3 FP+ a day.

Yes, nobody is required to use magicBands, you can get a KTTW card instead. During testing they have issued both. Not sure if they are now going to try not to do that because it is feeling like a go live for November.

But legacy FP is going to disappear soon... seems like only a few months away. Assuming all continues successfully they only need to turn up and tune FP+ availability and make sure kiosks are deployed for those without smartphones.

Once legacy FP disappears, your KTTW card must use FP+ anyway.

Originally, guests were provided with a KTTW card, in case something went wrong with the MB. This allowed the guest to collect FP- (associated with the KTTW card) and FP+ (associated with MB). I don't know if this is still the case. It has also been reported, once you use your FP+, or it expires, you are able to select another FP+ in the same park. Again, I don't know if this will continue. :confused3

We're checking into POFQ Nov 16, and Magic Bands and FP+ just came up last night.

I feel like a Disney newbie with the new roll out of MB. I booked a DVC room via rented points and will be purchasing military tix from DTD upon arrival as we have done for the many previous years. I can't add FP+ due to no tix per MDE, but I also can't get Magic Bands. It won't let me. Sometimes it links me to a previous vacation with my ex boyfriend and not this vacation with my mom and son. Frustrating.

Yes, nobody is required to use magicBands, you can get a KTTW card instead. During testing they have issued both. Not sure if they are now going to try not to do that because it is feeling like a go live for November.

But legacy FP is going to disappear soon... seems like only a few months away. Assuming all continues successfully they only need to turn up and tune FP+ availability and make sure kiosks are deployed for those without smartphones.

Once legacy FP disappears, your KTTW card must use FP+ anyway.

Originally, guests were provided with a KTTW card, in case something went wrong with the MB. This allowed the guest to collect FP- (associated with the KTTW card) and FP+ (associated with MB). I don't know if this is still the case. It has also been reported, once you use your FP+, or it expires, you are able to select another FP+ in the same park. Again, I don't know if this will continue. :confused3

Thank you both. Somehow I didnot realize during testing they were giving everyone (testers) a MB and KTTW. I thought it was only people with room only ressies and seperate tickets that had both.
So now I just need to hope that they are still 'testing' by my Nov 4 arrival so I can get both. I would feel so reassured having my trusty KTTW to pull FB- even if i screw up scheduling our FP+.
:goodvibes

Staying in CBR with check-in on november 6th and i was able to pick FP+ but i wasn't able to customize the bands...anyone else haven't this pop up?

Staying in CBR with check-in on november 6th and i was able to pick FP+ but i wasn't able to customize the bands...anyone else haven't this pop up?

We check into POR on Nov 25th and as of today, I can customize MB's, but have no access to FP+.

Totally, weird, huh?:confused3

I'm staying at CBR starting November 21st and I was able to customize our bands last night. Have you done the online check in? I had to do that first.

Visit https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com. You will need your 12 digit resort reservation ID number. You can find it online in your account, hover over modify account if you've completed online checkin and you will see the number. Hope this helps. :)

Hmmmm. My reservation id isn't 12 digits. It's 8 digits, and 2 of the digits are letters. When I try to enter my reservation id it won't allow me to enter letters, only numbers!

Hmmmm. My reservation id isn't 12 digits. It's 8 digits, and 2 of the digits are letters. When I try to enter my reservation id it won't allow me to enter letters, only numbers!

That's your confirmation number, it has to be the reservation ID #. Have you or are you ready to do online check in, because if you are then hover over check in or modify check in & in the bottom left corner( on my computer anyways) you will see the URL & at the end there is a 12 digit number that would start with a 4. This is the only way I know how to get the number, maybe someone else knows how else to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter