Magic Band Testing for November???

Although we are checking in on Oct 31st, the majority of our stay is in November at OKW. I doubt we'll be included, but here's to hoping.

If your 10/31 resort is part of the testing you will be able to schedule FP+s for your OKW stay as well. I was able to do this with our 10/31 Pop reservation and 11/4 SSR reservation.

We are checking in at Pop on Nov 4th and leaving Nov 13th.

Purchased our room only package via hotels.com and successfully linked it in MDE.

Did the Online check-in at the 60 day mark.

Purchased 5 day park hoppers from UT. Used deep discount code from Mousesavers. Ordered on Aug 28th and they arrived today, Nov 6th. For other Canadians, please note the shipment is fast as they ship from Toronto and not from the States.

Linked these tickets to MDE and assigned users to each ticket.

Strangely enough, under MDE... I don't see these recently linked park tickets under tickets (no tickets are shown there) but I see them under "Manage MagicBands".

Under my MDE profile, I see my own park tickets and both my daughters (I managed their profiles). But I don't see my wife's on my MDE but if I logon under her username, hers is there.

I am a Disney Freak and also a gadget fan. I would be very disappointed if I don't get to wear one of these cool bands to go along my Fitbit Flex ;)

So far, I can't customize MagicBands and don't appear to be able to pick fp+. Let's hope the testing continues in November or a full blown rollout happens in November.

I spoke to a CM today who said that total roll out of Magic Bands by the end of the year so more resorts should be added for November!
Caribbean Beach Resort November 13th - 19th for me and my two girls
Fingers crossed

How do you get your invitation? Through email or MDE? Thanks.

Our invitation came via UPS, not thru the mail. We never got an email invitation. Others have reported that they were able to customize their MBs on MDE long before any invitation (email or otherwise) was received.

I'm curious, has anyone has bought their tickets through Disney at the time of booking? If so, were you able to do any FP+ selections or MB for those staying at the testing resorts?

I bought our tickets this way, as it gave us a 30% resort discount :-)cool1:). On the MDE app (iPad and smartphone), they do not show up at all. On the web version, under My Reservations, there is a Tickets and Passes category that shows the tickets, with one assigned (no codes) to each of us. I wonder how things will be different since we won't have actual assigned tickets until our arrival.

How do you get your invitation? Through email or MDE? Thanks.

You do not need an invitation. You simply must be staying at one of the testing resorts. If you are there will be a tab on the right side of the main MDE screen that says Personalize Magic Bands. Once that tab is made available to you, you can go ahead and make FP+ reservations. Some have been reporting being able to make the FP+ selections even before that point so just check your reservation occasionally to see if it is an option for you.

I'm curious, has anyone has bought their tickets through Disney at the time of booking? If so, were you able to do any FP+ selections or MB for those staying at the testing resorts?

I bought our tickets this way, as it gave us a 30% resort discount :-)cool1:). On the MDE app (iPad and smartphone), they do not show up at all. On the web version, under My Reservations, there is a Tickets and Passes category that shows the tickets, with one assigned (no codes) to each of us. I wonder how things will be different since we won't have actual assigned tickets until our arrival.

I got a free dining package so I bought our room, tickets, and dining all at once. Saved us a boat laod. I have a teen boy that can EAT ;)

I have not been able to do FP+ selections yet but I am 64 days today... rumor has it that people have been able to customize MB at 60 days. We shall see. I will post update on morning of day 60. Fingers crossed because I would really like to use MB this trip.

I have an October arrival at Pop, and bought our tickets in the vacation package on the phone along with everything else. I have no additional tickets, AP, paper etc. Our 10 day MYW tickets are listed on the website the same as you've described, and on the app not at all. So don't worry about that on the app, I had talked to Disney IT about that and it's common and not a problem. :) When it became an option for October, I was able to customize my Magic Bands then make FP+ selections. Hope this helps ;)

You do not need an invitation. You simply must be staying at one of the testing resorts. If you are there will be a tab on the right side of the main MDE screen that says Personalize Magic Bands. Once that tab is made available to you, you can go ahead and make FP+ reservations. Some have been reporting being able to make the FP+ selections even before that point so just check your reservation occasionally to see if it is an option for you.

Thanks for your response. Does that mean if you are supposed to to be testing magic bands and you don't respond or do anything you will just automatically receive them? My mom made our reservations so I'm not sure I would know if we're supposed to be customizing bands or making FP reservations. We're staying at Pop in November. Thanks!

ToyStory3 said:
Thanks for your response. Does that mean if you are supposed to to be testing magic bands and you don't respond or do anything you will just automatically receive them? My mom made our reservations so I'm not sure I would know if we're supposed to be customizing bands or making FP reservations. We're staying at Pop in November. Thanks!

Yes. You will get grey ones upon check in. Even if you do nothing. (as long as testing is continuing)

I have an October arrival at Pop, and bought our tickets in the vacation package on the phone along with everything else. I have no additional tickets, AP, paper etc. Our 10 day MYW tickets are listed on the website the same as you've described, and on the app not at all. So don't worry about that on the app, I had talked to Disney IT about that and it's common and not a problem. :) When it became an option for October, I was able to customize my Magic Bands then make FP+ selections. Hope this helps ;)

Thanks, I was wondering if there were others out there. It's good to hear that that is just the way it goes. Hopefully, WL will be added soon and I get a chance to "customize!"

I'm waiting for November information I just wanted to share when I booked POP I instantly received invitation via email and it was available on the website as well to setup and customize bands. I booked 3 weeks out. Got my band within 2 days of customizing.

I'm waiting for November information I just wanted to share when I booked POP I instantly received invitation via email and it was available on the website as well to setup and customize bands. I booked 3 weeks out. Got my band within 2 days of customizing.

That's good to know. Where are you staying in November?

When in November are you booked?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have a trip planned to CSR Nov. 17-23 and was able to book all my FastPass+ reservations this evening but I am unable to get to the MagicBand page to customize. I called Disney and they sounded confused that I could make FP+ reservations without a MagicBand invitation.

We are booked for Port Orleans Nov 18-26 and I was able to customize our Magic Bands tonight. It also let me pick FastPass+

DreamBelieveWish said:
I have a trip planned to CSR Nov. 17-23 and was able to book all my FastPass+ reservations this evening but I am unable to get to the MagicBand page to customize. I called Disney and they sounded confused that I could make FP+ reservations without a MagicBand invitation.

Same thing happened to me tonight. Staying at csr from nov 16-21 no magic band but fastpass plus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter