Magic Band Testing for November???

We are staying at POP from Nov 17-23 and haven't decided if I want magic bands or not. I think it would be cool to try them but am scared of losing them. I'm a bit of a worrywart. :scared:

We are staying at POP from Nov 17-23 and haven't decided if I want magic bands or not. I think it would be cool to try them but am scared of losing them. I'm a bit of a worrywart. :scared:

People are reporting that they are getting traditional KTTW cards as a backup to the Magic Bands. So, even if you misplaced your band, you would still have the old style card to use until you could get the band replaced.

We will be at all star music from nov 12-20 let's hope for some pixie dust and magic bands :)

KNovacovschi said:

We are staying there at the same time! Nov 16-24th! Can't wait, :-)

We're hoping they're rolled out by then as well. We are also staying at Caribbean beach November 15-23. DD especially wants them because her birthday is on the 20th. :goodvibes Just 25 days till the 60 day mark!

People are reporting that they are getting traditional KTTW cards as a backup to the Magic Bands. So, even if you misplaced your band, you would still have the old style card to use until you could get the band replaced.

That's good to know. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are at POFQ from 17 Nov until 6 Dec and I am really hoping we get to try out the Magic Bands but I don't recall having seen POFQ in any of the testing so far, would this mean the chances of us getting them are slim as this resort has not yet had guest participation? I think I will be secretly upset if we don't get to try them!

We are at POFQ from 17 Nov until 6 Dec and I am really hoping we get to try out the Magic Bands but I don't recall having seen POFQ in any of the testing so far, would this mean the chances of us getting them are slim as this resort has not yet had guest participation? I think I will be secretly upset if we don't get to try them!

I'm watching for November too, and there are two October FP+ threads which I am following.

I haven't seen anything about POFQ yet either, but it appears to me that:

1. The June test resorts were all still being tested in August (plus 2 or 3 new ones)
2. The August test resorts are all still being tested in September (with about half a dozen new ones).
3. And the October FP+ threads have mentioned one or two more resorts being added in October (with All Star Music being one of them, which is of special interest to me since that is where we are staying in November).

So I would keep watching the October threads if I were you, on the idea that whatever new resorts are added in October will probably also still be tested in November.

Plus there could well be some new resorts in November, and I'm sure we'll learn about them on this thread just as soon as anyone knows anything about them.

I now think chances are good that all of the Disney resorts will be rolled out by December, since they still will have all the offsite guests to accommodate, and this whole thing is supposed to be complete by January or so.

smallblackstars said:

I would imagine it would include POFQ by Nov. I know POR is included now.But if all else fails, a lot of people are booking a "ghost" reservation at Pop the night before their vacation to get the magic bands and just eating the cost to be allowed to participate in the testing. I hope it wouldnt come to that but if you really want them ......

I would imagine it would include POFQ by Nov. I know POR is included now.But if all else fails, a lot of people are booking a "ghost" reservation at Pop the night before their vacation to get the magic bands and just eating the cost to be allowed to participate in the testing. I hope it wouldnt come to that but if you really want them ......

I have seen that people are doing this, it's not something I could do even if I wanted to as we are coming from the UK and adding a day is out of the question as our flights are already secured. I guess we will just need to wait and see, I'm not all that fussed about it but would be happy to get the opportunity to try them out. I think they should be including all resorts by then anyway unless something goes wrong but so far I think it's been pretty successful.

Fingers crossed we get to test it. Got a split stay AKL Nov 5-9, Yacht Nov 9-12 coming up!

I just got our magic band invite today and we are 68 days out and are staying at POR. Our checkin date is 10/31 though.

Just following up, any one have updates? Anyone else going 11/11 - 11/20 range? I have gotten nothing yet. at 66 days today. :hourglass

Just following up, any one have updates? Anyone else going 11/11 - 11/20 range? I have gotten nothing yet. at 66 days today. :hourglass

Even if November was open for FP+ booking you wouldn't be able to do anything yet. You can only do it 60 days out.

November has not been loaded into the system yet. Some CMs are saying it is just a matter of time. Others are saying that testing ends on 10/31. We'll all just have to wait and see.

POR is included in the September/October test. So, it is VERY likely that you will have magic bands come November. Get excited!

This. :thumbsup2

I spoke with a wonderful CM today and I asked him if he knew anything about MB for November and he told me that since I am staying at POP I most likely will get them. He said they are only adding resorts to the MB system and not removing any resorts. So I am hopeful!

61 days out now... Nov 6th - 15th @ AKL Kidani. Hoping it gets added in October or November testing (if there is a November testing).

Although we are checking in on Oct 31st, the majority of our stay is in November at OKW. I doubt we'll be included, but here's to hoping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter