Magic band + shipping

So we leave Saturday early, and my bands look like they are waiting for pick up today… I’m taking bets if they arrive before we leave… winner gets nothing, or maybe a magicband+ 🤷🏻‍♀️

However my sisters bands look like they are sitting with all of yours in York PA! So maybe hers will arrive in time??

Got our bands that we ordered on release day, last Friday.... (note: ours were from some older APs that we had not ordered bands with, not part of a current trip)

They didn't come with half a charge... they came with just enough to pair it, and then let you know you needed to charge it.

Charged and played with it for a few minutes, but in the end this should have been an app for a smart phone.

Last edited:

Mine are also in York PA!! HA, I got a reply from Merchandise after I emailed them saying they would be shipped to resort, but now they're in PA instead of Florida. We leave Friday, so hoping they get to NY by then!

Curious to see what happens with ours. Also ordered on the 27th for arrival on the 27th. Still In Progress… we are officially at less than 14 days from check in, and regardless of if they come in on time, I think they should be complimentary or something. It would be completely different if these bands were part of your hotel package like they used to be and they weren’t shipped on time. But this is a purchase like any other where if Amazon or Walmart couldn’t tell you the status of the order and ETA over 15 business days later, the customer would be taken care of for the inconvenience and a solution other than “wait and see” would be offered.

And the whole Disney was not prepared for the amount of orders by people through MDE for their upcoming trips explanation.. really Disney.. you have 185910 surveys.. you track your guests every movement through the parks and no one in that company said maybe you should be surveying guests who haven’t put in a magic band order to find out why.. that consumer feedback would probably be handy for numerous reasons, let alone helping predict the amount of magicband + sales through MDE on the release.

Has anyone with a September check-in date who ordered after July 27th via their resort MDE (NOT AP) received their MB? If so, when did you order and what is your check-in date? (my guess is that none of these have shipped).

Has anyone with a September check-in date who ordered after July 27th via their resort MDE (NOT AP) received their MB? If so, when did you order and what is your check-in date? (my guess is that none of these have shipped).
Ordered: July 27, Trip start: September 10, Status: Processing (credit card hold removed)

Maybe my experience will help someone else who ends up in the same boat…
I ordered our 3 bands 7/30. We arrived yesterday, the 14th. I had suspected they wouldn’t arrive in time so I contacted customer support and they emailed me saying that the bands would be waiting for us at the resort. Three days before we were scheduled to leave I got a notification from the post service saying the bands were on their way to my house. I arrived in Orlando yesterday, but the bands arrived at my house today! When we checked in at AKL, I took a chance that maybe they were waiting for me at the front desk, but no luck. So be very kind and very courteous front desk staff gave a credit (to our room/account) for three new magic bands.
Good luck to all those waiting!

I ordered on 7/27 at 10:30 am pdt (so 1:30 pm) for my 9/16 check in date. Still in processing status. Thinking it may be 2 more weeks before I hear anything. Sigh

I replied to my Merchandise email that stated the magicbands were being shipped to my resort....and they replied with "oh you're right they did ship to your house!". However, they've been stuck in York since Saturday....so I doubt They'll arrive by thursday!

I replied to my Merchandise email that stated the magicbands were being shipped to my resort....and they replied with "oh you're right they did ship to your house!". However, they've been stuck in York since Saturday....so I doubt They'll arrive by thursday!

Yeah, York is the point where in the past mine always get stuck when they do finally ship. I've had them literally sit there "awaiting USPS" for a week before.

Yeah, York is the point where in the past mine always get stuck when they do finally ship. I've had them literally sit there "awaiting USPS" for a week before.
ugh! Oh well, looks like I'll be asking at the desk when I arrive! Hopefully they will do something for me.

I ordered at 5am on the 27th. This Friday afternoon the status finally changed to "shipped" to home. Unfortunately, actual tracking status has yet to change from awaiting pickup in Davenport, FL. So, very doubtful that they will arrive before our very early AM departure at the end of the week! Maybe they will magically appear at the resort 🤷‍♀️

ugh! Oh well, looks like I'll be asking at the desk when I arrive! Hopefully they will do something for me.

I mean, maybe you'll get lucky and they've improved the service from the OSM location in York...

I’m pretty sure they are shipping in resort stay order, not when you placed the order.

I have a split stay and order for my 2nd resort check in the 26, my sisters bands I ordered after mine but she is only joining us for the first stay, on the 21st, hers shipped first and are in York. They all all coming to my house, but I’m doubtful any will arrive before I leave on Saturday the 20th.

We order before 8am the 27th, my sisters I didn’t order till later in the day, after 6pm.

I’m usually not one to complain or ask for special treatment, but if my bands don’t arrive before my trip I am fully expecting the same compensation that others who didn’t get their bands got, even though I didn’t get the email from Disney about it.
CAC6FAAB-B55D-489F-95DC-627D2AD6BA45.jpeg

I just got a notification my bands have departed the facility in York. They were there a little less than 24 hr!

I’m usually not one to complain or ask for special treatment, but if my bands don’t arrive before my trip I am fully expecting the same compensation that others who didn’t get their bands got, even though I didn’t get the email from Disney about it.
View attachment 694205

I'm with you. And even if mine somehow ship (still in process) but don't get to my address before I leave (the day before my arrival day - which is MANY people, leaving the day before or multiple days before), I'll be expecting the same compensation. It would do me no good sitting at my apartment door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!