Magic Band Question...

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I just placed my Magic Band order for my getaway coming up later in the month. We have never used Magic Band + What is the big difference? Also, on my order it says the same name for both bands on the engraving. Is this normal? I used two different names when I placed the order.

Thank you as always!

Hi all,

I just placed my Magic Band order for my getaway coming up later in the month. We have never used Magic Band + What is the big difference? Also, on my order it says the same name for both bands on the engraving. Is this normal? I used two different names when I placed the order.

Thank you as always!
I looked at my 2 orders I just placed for me and dd. On both orders our names are correct.

I don’t enjoy having to charge the new bands.

Since dd is 27 we don’t really do the extra features. In the app you can change the color of light if you want. I do do that sometimes .

I had a kid teach me to tap tap (the MB) and with a flat hand circle above the MB and lights flash.

She liked getting the style she wanted. I liked having something new last fall. I have 2 orders one is old style one is new. I’m good with either lol.

Sorry not much but I saw no one had responded. Not really an expert on the new bands.

The last time I ordered a MB it was MB+ in August. At some point in the order process it asked what should be printed on the band, maybe that didn't pop up for you? If it hasn't shipped yet, you might be able to go in and modify it.

As far as the differences. If you want the features of MB+ you will need to charge it with the charger they send and sync it up with your MDE on your phone. If you do not do this, it still functions the same as the old MBs. Right now some of the features are:

It interacts with the golden statues in the parks, you wave your arm and they will say something or play music. Not sure if they will keep the statues after the 50th. It will vibrate and light up when you are near one.

There is a game you can play in Galaxy's Edge where you are a bounty hunter and collect credits for completing missions. I don't know what you can do with those credits.

It lights up during FWs sort of kind of to the music.

It will light up at tap styles.

I only got one because I liked the picture on it, it wasn't available in the old MB style. I can take it or leave it. I did enjoy making the statues do things for little kids while I was there but otherwise, I just used it like a regular MB. I charged mine every night when I went to bed.

The big difference is $30+

I was so excited to get the magicband+ because I thought it was going to make things more interactive but it didn't.

Half of the statues don't recognize you and you stand there waving your arm like a dummy and unless you're going to stare at your wrist during a nighttime spectacular, there's really no use for the magicband+.

But, of course, they put all the cool designs on the magicband+ to ensure people spend the extra money.

But, of course, they put all the cool designs on the magicband+ to ensure people spend the extra money.
That part bums me out but it’s absolutely saved me money because I don’t like any feature MB+ has to offer so I refuse to pay the + up charge just for a new design where if they’d have it normal MB I would have bought it for the new design.

Couple this decision by Disney with removing resort package delivery and I actually have saved a good chunk of change over the pre-Covid days on merch 🤣

That part bums me out but it’s absolutely saved me money because I don’t like any feature MB+ has to offer so I refuse to pay the + up charge just for a new design where if they’d have it normal MB I would have bought it for the new design.

Couple this decision by Disney with removing resort package delivery and I actually have saved a good chunk of change over the pre-Covid days on merch 🤣
As much as I hated not having the resort package delivery, my wallet absolutely loved it 🤣😂

I made sure to let them know in one of those surveys they sent me.

I looked at my 2 orders I just placed for me and dd. On both orders our names are correct.

I don’t enjoy having to charge the new bands.

Since dd is 27 we don’t really do the extra features. In the app you can change the color of light if you want. I do do that sometimes .

I had a kid teach me to tap tap (the MB) and with a flat hand circle above the MB and lights flash.

She liked getting the style she wanted. I liked having something new last fall. I have 2 orders one is old style one is new. I’m good with either lol.

Sorry not much but I saw no one had responded. Not really an expert on the new bands.

Thank you! It’s strange, both bands have my name and I can’t seem to change it.

Thank you! It’s strange, both bands have my name and I can’t seem to change it.
So one band is for you and 2nd is for someone in your MDE? If somehow you accidentally put your name on both that’s ok. Well unless it’s a 1st trip or something and that person gets upset.

For example if you ordered a white band for you with your name and tied to you in the MDE AND you ordered another band any color , even another white, if it’s assigned to their name in MDE it doesn’t matter what name is printed on it.

The band that is assigned will only work for that person to enter a park etc. The name printed is nice but necessary.

So one band is for you and 2nd is for someone in your MDE? If somehow you accidentally put your name on both that’s ok. Well unless it’s a 1st trip or something and that person gets upset.

For example if you ordered a white band for you with your name and tied to you in the MDE AND you ordered another band any color , even another white, if it’s assigned to their name in MDE it doesn’t matter what name is printed on it.

The band that is assigned will only work for that person to enter a park etc. The name printed is nice but necessary.

Yes. One band is for me and one is for my husband. They sent me an email that they shipped and in the email it had the correct name, but not in MDE. Strange. Thank you! Seems like the + isn’t really worth it, but we will try it!

The big difference is $30+

I was so excited to get the magicband+ because I thought it was going to make things more interactive but it didn't.

Half of the statues don't recognize you and you stand there waving your arm like a dummy and unless you're going to stare at your wrist during a nighttime spectacular, there's really no use for the magicband+.

I could not agree more! On our last trip we only bought them for our DDs and even they were disappointed with them. I guess the big thing is the bounty hunter game in Star wars area, but that takes up a LOT of park time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter