Magic Band Plus Question

M-Pi

Earning My Ears
Does the Magic Band Plus have to be charged to work like a regular Magic Band (lightning lane access, etc.) or is that just for the special extra lights and sounds and what not? We want the convenience of the Magic Band but aren't loving most of the available options on the site. If I don't need to charge it to use it normally I might just wait until we get there to buy them to see if they have more options.

For short range (tapping into gate, lighting lanes, photopass) you dont need to charge

For interactive effects and long range RFDI of on ride photos you need a charge

Just got one in the mail and charged it. No instructions really to go by. How DO you turn it off?

I still haven't figured it out. Long pressing on the one button attempts to reset the band entirely. A short press just shows the status. I have decided to not bother turning it off, and I just remember to charge it overnight the day before I am going to use it.

Just got one in the mail and charged it. No instructions really to go by. How DO you turn it off?
I really, really despise the fact that they didn't make the MB more user friendly. Nothing is intuitive about them.

Hidden on the Disney website, it says, "Power On and Off to Reset: Press and hold the button on the back of the band for about 6 seconds, until it buzzes twice, to power the device off. If the power-off is successful, the LED light will turn red and rotate once in reverse. Press and hold the button for one second to power it back on. If successful, you will see a solid green light."

I really, really despise the fact that they didn't make the MB more user friendly. Nothing is intuitive about them.

Hidden on the Disney website, it says, "Power On and Off to Reset: Press and hold the button on the back of the band for about 6 seconds, until it buzzes twice, to power the device off. If the power-off is successful, the LED light will turn red and rotate once in reverse. Press and hold the button for one second to power it back on. If successful, you will see a solid green light."
Thank you!! That worked!

Thank you!! That worked!

Be careful with this. It seems to disconnect the band from your app. You will have to go through the process to reconnect/pair the band, which is a pain.

We discovered this at DL yesterday when mine and my sons bands weren't lighting up, but the other son's was. Ours had become disconnected from the app because I was trying to turn them off a couple days earlier. Took me almost 10 minutes to get both bands paired again. It was being super glitchy.

Be careful with this. It seems to disconnect the band from your app. You will have to go through the process to reconnect/pair the band, which is a pain.
If you hold it down for too long, it will trigger the factory reset (15 seconds) instead of just turning it off (6 seconds). 🙃

If you hold it down for too long, it will trigger the factory reset (15 seconds) instead of just turning it off (6 seconds). 🙃

Yeah, I realized that. But nothing happened at 6 seconds so I kept it pressed until I saw lights.

We discovered this at DL yesterday when mine and my sons bands weren't lighting up, but the other son's was. Ours had become disconnected from the app because I was trying to turn them off a couple days earlier. Took me almost 10 minutes to get both bands paired again. It was being super glitchy.
I always turn mine off when we leave the park. I pair it before putting it on in the morning. I guess it is just habit for me.

I always turn mine off when we leave the park. I pair it before putting it on in the morning. I guess it is just habit for me.
We started doing the same after learning how to turn them off and on. We were initally worried about leaving them on while flying to/from DLR, for whatever reason.
Yeah, I realized that. But nothing happened at 6 seconds so I kept it pressed until I saw lights.
Disney should definitely make the general documentation more obvious. My MagicBand+ doesn't always respond after 6 seconds either, so it takes multiple tries. 😒

We started doing the same after learning how to turn them off and on. We were initally worried about leaving them on while flying to/from DLR, for whatever reason.

Disney should definitely make the general documentation more obvious. My MagicBand+ doesn't always respond after 6 seconds either, so it takes multiple tries. 😒
Yes, like many things Disney nowadays, they want you to use the app. All the instructions, videos and troubleshooting tips are there, but you have to go through the app.

I've found if you don't keep your finger fully steady on the button, that's when it might not power down right away as it thinks you've pulled off. And at first I misunderstood and thought I had to keep holding down the button even after the two buzzes in order for the band to shut down. But nope, just let go. I turn mine off while riding the tram back to the parking structure. I have two connected and only have to pair the band again if it's one I haven't used in a while. Otherwise, I just charge, turn on and go.

I've found if you don't keep your finger fully steady on the button, that's when it might not power down right away as it thinks you've pulled off.
Yes, I noticed that my thumb sometimes wavers and it pops back up momentarily and "resets" my countdown. Somehow it happens more frequently on one of my bands, vs the other, though I'm sure there shouldn't be any difference. I now hold down my thumb with the other. Practice makes perfect? 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter