• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Band "NEW KIND" -Update: Post #70-

I'm with others who say it looks too wide. I have teeeeny wrists & I hated the old ones. This doesn't look like a big improvement to me. BUT I am NOT one to shell out big bucks to customize this junk. I wear it becuz I have to not becuz I want to.

I need to see them next to something I can identify for size comparison. They look huge and thick.

I like them! :)

We already customized our magic bands for next October's trip. I know that we can tweak for some time, do you know if they will offer the new bands on existing reservations?

Thanks!

Side by side, magicband2 with a 2016 resort band.

20161118_205814.jpg

The Band is the same, the center is just flatter and a hair wider.

20161118_205838 - Copy.jpg

all 3 generations thickness.

20161118_205904.jpg

note: you can't tell from this photo but the new MB2 will lay flat on it's own, it's not a ridged and hard angles like he old ones, it really fits over your wrist well. I hate things on my wrist so this will be turned into a key chain and for now i'll probably just carry the icon (puck thing, official name) in my pocket.

It is a nice conversation starter though and you quickly learn who is paying too much attention to you.

Magic Band 2 will be given to a limited audience at Destination D today.
MagicBand 2 works exactly the same as the current MagicBand with more comfort and flexibility.
The Visual ID number remains etched on back of center icon.
The new magic bands will go on sale soon. The old MB will continue to work. Look for more announcement on the Disney parks Blog
View attachment 206765

yulilin3 - Where did you get this picture? Can you link to me to the place where you got it? I'm looking for a larger version of it for my website.

Side by side, magicband2 with a 2016 resort band.

View attachment 206843

The Band is the same, the center is just flatter and a hair wider.

View attachment 206845

all 3 generations thickness.

View attachment 206844

note: you can't tell from this photo but the new MB2 will lay flat on it's own, it's not a ridged and hard angles like he old ones, it really fits over your wrist well. I hate things on my wrist so this will be turned into a key chain and for now i'll probably just carry the icon (puck thing, official name) in my pocket.

It is a nice conversation starter though and you quickly learn who is paying too much attention to you.

Thank you for the picture!!

yulilin3 - Where did you get this picture? Can you link to me to the place where you got it? I'm looking for a larger version of it for my website.

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/ has a lot of articles with it, the video effect, high res images they took.

The image he posted is part of a small flyer they handed out to tell you what it was.. that's the only place I know of the image and it's a photo of small printed material so it can't really get larger unless d23 or someone has a digital version posted somewhere.

I haven't yet found the answer. So say you have the icon on a necklace or a backpack tag. This means to pay or use fp+ I have to whip my whole bag around to scan? Or take the tag on and off the bag?

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/ has a lot of articles with it, the video effect, high res images they took.

The image he posted is part of a small flyer they handed out to tell you what it was.. that's the only place I know of the image and it's a photo of small printed material so it can't really get larger unless d23 or someone has a digital version posted somewhere.
Accident ~ @ethanwa is the Ethan of MagicBandcollectors.com! :)

I haven't yet found the answer. So say you have the icon on a necklace or a backpack tag. This means to pay or use fp+ I have to whip my whole bag around to scan? Or take the tag on and off the bag?

Same as the previous generation, it needs to touch the terminal so yes you'll be taking it out/off or bending over a lot on a necklace.

I wear it becuz I have to not becuz I want to.

Well, no one *has to* wear them. :)

So say you have the icon on a necklace or a backpack tag. This means to pay or use fp+ I have to whip my whole bag around to scan? Or take the tag on and off the bag?

When I put my MB on my purse strap or in my purse, the few times I ever want to pay with the band, I take the band out and put it up to the mickey head. So I would bet you have to take off the tag. Unless you're tall enough that putting the bag up to the pay-spot isn't awkward for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter