magic band 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an upcoming trip in which we have already received our Magic Bands - and they were the old style. I just bought Annual Passes and linked those in my account and it has the option to get new Magic Bands. However, the visual graphics on the website still look like the old style bands. If we customize those bands (just put in today) will we get the old style band or the new bands?

That is what disney reported on their twitter recently. I haven't received mine yet to confirm.

You'll most likely get the old bands. They are going to use the entire stock of old magic bands before they send out the new ones. The last I heard it will be some time in mid January before new ones start going out for free.

You'll most likely get the old bands. They are going to use the entire stock of old magic bands before they send out the new ones. The last I heard it will be some time in mid January before new ones start going out for free.

Yesterday disney reported everyone gets new bands now on twitter.

Yesterday disney reported everyone gets new bands now on twitter.

That's interesting. I guess it is one of those that we'll have to wait and see things. I now on the parks blog they were telling people it would be once the original stock was depleted. I wonder if they are handling APs different then resorts though.

That's interesting. I guess it is one of those that we'll have to wait and see things. I now on the parks blog they were telling people it would be once the original stock was depleted. I wonder if they are handling APs different then resorts though.

They are, those started for anyone that customized starting afternoon 12/14/2016. I suspect this might be a money grab to get those that would be willing to pay for the old style to get them at a price. They also might be trying to make good on the news everyone reported that it would be January that people get them.

Wow, really? When did you customize? I just got passes for my two sons who are home for Christmas but was planning to hold off awhile on customizing their bands to hopefully get the new ones. One will be home mid-Jan - think it's safe to do now?
Yes. When MagicBand2s were unveiled, it was announced that APs, new and renewals, would immediately begin receiving the 2s.

Yes. When MagicBand2s were unveiled, it was announced that APs, new and renewals, would immediately begin receiving the 2s.

immediately is incorrect but they did say sometime in december. 12/14 is when customized AP bands started to ship with 2.0s. 12/20 is when resort guests started to ship with 2.0s.

edited to add: the tweet however made it sound like some guests might have seen them sooner. my guess is the most popular color ran out and if your party needed that color you all got 2.0s and now enough have run out that everyone gets them. Or disney decided enough hate them they are willing to buy them so they shifted the stock to be sold instead of handed out.

Last edited:
The box was changed about a year ago.. that's the same box I got in feb.

EDIT: I think. not really sure now as I don't save the boxes.

Last edited:
The box was changed about a year ago.. that's the same box I got in feb.

EDIT: I think. not really sure now as I don't save the boxes.

The new boxes started sometime between late October and the beginning of December. We had the old one late Oct/early Nov and the new one in early December.

I'm not hitting the "send" button for my AP magic bands until I hear more reports of APs getting the new version.

The new boxes started sometime between late October and the beginning of December. We had the old one late Oct/early Nov and the new one in early December.

I'm looking at the picture again and it looks like they might have changed it again. I know resort guests recently reported that it was no longer a box in a box and that looks like it's just a single box now.

I'm not hitting the "send" button for my AP magic bands until I hear more reports of APs getting the new version.

they sent mine normal parsel after usps said those packages would not make it before xmas. Looking at the tracking for it, it hasn't even been picked up yet to start coming to me.

we live in canada so get our bands at the desk. i wonder if those will be the new or old ones next week?

they sent mine normal parsel after usps said those packages would not make it before xmas. Looking at the tracking for it, it hasn't even been picked up yet to start coming to me.
i got my AP band shipped to my us po box. i customized dec 14, and it shipped dec 15 via usps. arrived today according to tracking. i will pick up on friday and see!

i got my AP band shipped to my us po box. i customized dec 14, and it shipped dec 15 via usps. arrived today according to tracking. i will pick up on friday and see!

I customized on the 15 and it shipped the 16th. I can see the tracking and it's just sitting there waiting for USPS pickup (it even says that in the tracking).

I'm looking at the picture again and it looks like they might have changed it again. I know resort guests recently reported that it was no longer a box in a box and that looks like it's just a single box now.

It was the same box in a box in late Oct that it's always been. It was the new all in one box for us in early Dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter