Lyndsay & Thomas - 11/17/2012 WDW *Updated 01/14 - first after wedding post!*

I do know that we'll be having two planning sessions - the first one we have tentatively scheduled for either February 16th or 17th and we plan to do the other one in June. We're doing two that way my fiance can be involved in it as well. He's deployed until May.
sadeyes.gif
So we plan on getting the floral, decorative, etc. stuff done in February and leave the food stuff for June (guys like food) :)

That's an awesome idea. And that smiley! :lmao:

wavey.gif

Hi there everyone! I hope you all are enjoying the holiday season!

Not too much going on for me in the wedding planning area...so nothing new to update. We did get our annual passes in the mail though! We're not going to activate them until after we get married though - Thomas is deployed until May...and we currently still have our 4-day park hoppers which still have two days left on them and are good until September...gotta love the military discount! :woohoo:

In other news...I got my once-a-week 10-minute phone call from Thomas today! The calls are kind of annoying - the phone on the ship has this annoying delay which causes us to interrupt each other quite a bit...but hearing his voice, even if it's only for a short while is always amazing! :lovestruc

Oops...I forgot that I wanted to share our Christmas card! Funny story...we ordered these through Hallmark's website last year in mid-November...they didn't come until mid-January! So we got a refund and were told to just keep the cards. Luckily, they don't have last year's date on them...so we're sending them out this year! I'm not sure if that's tacky to do or not...but heck...we have them, why not send them? :confused3 The only thing that you can tell a difference in is our little kitty...she's about twice the size now than she is in the picture. :laughing:

Here is front and back -
card.jpg

Yes, our meow's name is Leia.
suspicious.gif

wavey.gif

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I got some pretty awesome stuff including The Lion King and registration into the Disney 5k in February.

The best present I got though was a call from my fiance.
bliss.gif

He is currently in port in Israel. I'm slightly jealous...he got to take a tour of Nazareth on Christmas Eve and a tour of Jerusalem on Christmas Day. It sounds like he had an awesome time though...so I'm very excited for him. :)

I got a few things done with the wedding this weekend...we got the Save the Dates ordered - we're doing postcards...they should be here in about a week!

We ordered the supplies for the invites from http://www.cardsandpockets.com/
We're going with the colors citron and flame. I love how they looked together in the sample kit we ordered.

We also looked at the music we would like for the ceremony. Here's our list -

Prelude / Guest seating
Grandparents & Parents seating
Officiant / Groom / Groomsmen
Bridesmaids
Bride
Unity Ceremony
Recessional
  • “Disney Medley” (Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings Exclusive - Main Street Electrical Light Parade, Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, It’s a Small World, Mickey Mouse March) - I don't have a sample of this yet...but I'm on the hunt!

Your Christmas cards were adorable!

Are you running the Royal Family 5k in February? If so, my mom and I will be there!! :)

So glad you heard from your fiance! Probably the best present a girl could get!

Ooh, I love the citron and flame-- that will look awesome!

Your music selection is fantastic! Great job! I may have to borrow a few songs.. ;)

Glad you had a nice Christmas!

Hi! Just came over to check out your PJ! :)

I love your ideas so far! Your story (which you said a little about in the other thread) is SO cute!!! Your ring is beautiful!! You guys make a lovely couple! :)

I loveeeee your save the dates and I really like your song selection!! :)

I cant wait to keep reading!! :goodvibes

Your Christmas cards were adorable!

Are you running the Royal Family 5k in February? If so, my mom and I will be there!! :)

So glad you heard from your fiance! Probably the best present a girl could get!

Ooh, I love the citron and flame-- that will look awesome!

Your music selection is fantastic! Great job! I may have to borrow a few songs.. ;)

Glad you had a nice Christmas!

Yep...we'll be there for the Royal Family 5k. I'm really excited! It's the second official 5k I'm doing. Have you done it before?

Hearing from Thomas was DEFINITELY my favorite gift. He tried talking to me on Facebook earlier Christmas day but the internet connection on his ship kept fading...so he woke up REALLY early 12/26 so he could call me while it was still Christmas for me. :lovestruc

Hi! Just came over to check out your PJ! :)

I love your ideas so far! Your story (which you said a little about in the other thread) is SO cute!!! Your ring is beautiful!! You guys make a lovely couple! :)

I loveeeee your save the dates and I really like your song selection!! :)

I cant wait to keep reading!! :goodvibes

Looks Great!! :)

thanks.gif
to you both!

Here is my other Christmas gift from Thomas - I wasn't expecting him to send anything! :)
It's a very simple, cute heart necklace. I love it!
Picture0184.jpg

wavey.gif

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I got some pretty awesome stuff including The Lion King and registration into the Disney 5k in February.

I'm doing the Princess 5K too...I started running about this time last year to lose weight for my wedding and the Princess 5K was the first race I ever ran. It was soooo much fun!

I'm doing the Princess 5K too...I started running about this time last year to lose weight for my wedding and the Princess 5K was the first race I ever ran. It was soooo much fun!

:cool1: My step-mom framed my registration paper and wrapped it so I could open it on Christmas...so I have the framed paper right next to my refrigerator so I'll stick to my diet. I'm also trying to lose weight for my wedding! 7 pounds down so far! :woohoo:

Everything sounds great!! Heck yeah on re-using your cards since they goofed last year, bonus for you! :) And they are super cute!!

Thats awesome you are doing th 5K and good job/congrats on losing 7lbs so far! I ran cross country in hs and now get so bored even at a mile, so i give credit to all you runners! :) My early anxiety onset had me losing lb's without even trying, but my recent stress has me gaining it back, I need to get myself on a plan! We can all motivate each other to stay on track!! :goodvibes

I love all your different smiley's, so fun!!

Thanks. I'm on a military significant other support forum and I guess I've gotten partial to the smileys they use since I've been on there so long.

As far as running...its a love-hate relationship. Currently I have two ice packs on my shins due to shin splints that I've had for WEEKS! I wish they would go away. Every time I run I am in pain...I stretch...I rest...nothing helps. A trainer suggested I ice them. I wish I got bored at a mile...I'm just exhausted by two minutes! I just have to keep telling myself that it's not going to happen overnight...it's a process that takes time and work. I also have a heart mur-mur...doesn't really help things.
lol-1.gif

Thanks. I'm on a military significant other support forum and I guess I've gotten partial to the smileys they use since I've been on there so long.

As far as running...its a love-hate relationship. Currently I have two ice packs on my shins due to shin splints that I've had for WEEKS! I wish they would go away. Every time I run I am in pain...I stretch...I rest...nothing helps. A trainer suggested I ice them. I wish I got bored at a mile...I'm just exhausted by two minutes! I just have to keep telling myself that it's not going to happen overnight...it's a process that takes time and work. I also have a heart mur-mur...doesn't really help things.
lol-1.gif
I feel your pain! I get shin splints in one leg. Have you been fitted/bought a pair of running shoes? It makes such a HUGE difference. Also, look into KT Tape! I've heard great things about it. I'm going to pick up some tomorrow I think as my leg just sucks. :(

Are you using a training program or are you just running? I totally recommend Couch to 5k!

I went to a running store and got some awesome shoes. They help with pain I used to get in my feet, but not my shins. It doesn't help that I also have bilateral patella femoral syndrome (crazy long name for a form of knee tendinitis). My knee cap doesn't slide straight into the socket as its supposed to but goes towards the side, grinding on the side of the socket first. I probably shouldn't even run...but I've always wanted to be able to...so I press on. LOL

I also have a heart murmur...I went to a doctor to find out if this is why I get so winded after just a few minutes...he said it adds to it, but that running isn't impossible...it'll just take me longer to build endurance than someone without the type of murmur I have...so I have to use a modified version of couch to 5k. It gets frustrating because I'm not seeing results as fast as I'd like...but I just have to continue to tell myself to keep at it. It'll pay off eventually. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter