Luna Park Pool - BWV

Whew I hate that clown (I know I'm in the minority here). I hate the slide itself going to be down that long. Right now with COVID and lessened park hours and no park hopping, pools are something everyone can enjoy even more!

Disney doesn't make a decision without considering their bottom line. When you read feedback on the Luna Pool, there are people that like the clown, but most people despise the thing. Some people won't even consider staying at Boardwalk due to the clown.

Getting rid of the clown will help marketability at Boardwalk.

Disney doesn't make a decision without considering their bottom line. When you read feedback on the Luna Pool, there are people that like the clown, but most people despise the thing. Some people won't even consider staying at Boardwalk due to the clown.

Getting rid of the clown will help marketability at Boardwalk.
But BW is routinely one of the hardest resorts to find availability at. The DVC side (in non COVID times) is usually completely booked at the 11 month mark. And even the resort side is difficult to book for a lot of the year. I really don’t think the theming of a slide at the pool is hurting the marketability of BW. People stay there because of the entertainment on the boardwalk itself and the walkability to Epcot, especially during festivals. It’s especially popular for locals due to that very reason. And a lot of us locals don’t step foot in Disney pools because we have our own pools at our homes.

But BW is routinely one of the hardest resorts to find availability at. The DVC side (in non COVID times) is usually completely booked at the 11 month mark. And even the resort side is difficult to book for a lot of the year. I really don’t think the theming of a slide at the pool is hurting the marketability of BW. People stay there because of the entertainment on the boardwalk itself and the walkability to Epcot, especially during festivals. It’s especially popular for locals due to that very reason. And a lot of us locals don’t step foot in Disney pools because we have our own pools at our homes.
I do not know what the term is for fear of clowns, but my wife has it. My Daughter and I have tried for 10 years to get her to stay there at least once as we both what to have experience of being right by Epcot and walking distance to Hollywood Studios. When she saw that the Clown slide was being removed, for the first time she was open to the idea of trying to go there. How many more are like her. This is not just about today, but in 20 years the points expire and Disney will have the ability to redesign/expand the DVC on the Boardwalk. This is about long term marketing.

Coulrophobia = fear of clowns

I'm glad they are redoing it; I don't think it's pivotal for the theme of the hotel, and why have something at a hotel that scares a lot of kids, and others?

Didn't really care if they replaced the clown or not. Now that its gone, I just hope they replace it with something that fits the theme of BWV.

I was one of those people who would never consider staying at Boardwalk largely because of the clown! I might consider it now. (Although, I grew up at the Jersey Shore so I spent a ton of time on entertainment Boardwalks, so I don't feel much of a need for that theming while on vacation away from NJ).

That hasn’t been true in my experience. Beach Club has been much harder than boardwalk to get in. We were able to get boardwalk at about 6 months out for last April before COVID.

I am an owner at Boardwalk. It fills up before the 7 month window in some high-demand seasons like the fall and holidays. Usually there is plenty of availability for most of the year from 7 to 4 months then little availability. For example, while our daughter was in school we traveled in late August. No problem getting reservations in garden/pool view at 6 months.

Any updates on the pool slide? Who or what will replace the clown...This seems to be a very well kept secret! No insiders here who is in the know???princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter