Luna Park Pool - BWV

I'm a big goofy fan, I wish he could make it. Wouldn't it be fun to hear his wooo hoooo hooooo as you head down the slide.
That would be amazing! Staying at BWV for the first time over Christmas, and I'm not sad that the clown face will be gone from the pool. I'm hoping it's warm enough to swim a little while we're there, and I'll definitely try out the slide. Excited to see what I'll be sliding out of, LOL!

We are driving down staying for first time in November. Sad about the clown, we booked because last fall my son stood in the walkway told me how much he wished that was our hotel. We were walking by at the time from the swan. I guess he will never try the clown slide, I know it looked creepy but he seemed to want to stay there.

We are driving down staying for first time in November. Sad about the clown, we booked because last fall my son stood in the walkway told me how much he wished that was our hotel. We were walking by at the time from the swan. I guess he will never try the clown slide, I know it looked creepy but he seemed to want to stay there.

Your son has good taste! :thumbsup2

I'll be sad if they dilute the authenticity of the Boardwalk resort - like they seem to have been diluting it elsewhere. Not everything at Disney - especially the resorts - had to be character-related or 'safely generic' in the past, why has that changed in recent years? :upsidedow

:clown: I liked you clown slide - the theming was strong with you. :darth:

We last stayed at Boardwalk in 2018. At the time the clown was peeling paint along the bottom and showing mold and mildew growth with an odor to it when you got close. Have to imagine it was even worse this year before removal.

Probably was time for it to go one way or the other.

Refurb was extended to December.
Noooooo!!! So no slide until December? Has anyone there now asked about pool hopping? Or sharing Stormalong Bay? I know that ones a long shot but my kids are really going to want a slide. When BCV had only their quiet pool open they were allowed to use Luna Park since there was no slide so maybe???

Noooooo!!! So no slide until December? Has anyone there now asked about pool hopping? Or sharing Stormalong Bay? I know that ones a long shot but my kids are really going to want a slide. When BCV had only their quiet pool open they were allowed to use Luna Park since there was no slide so maybe???
The only thing down is the slide. The pool itself is still open. No reports of pool hopping being allowed at this time.

I'll be sad if they dilute the authenticity of the Boardwalk resort - like they seem to have been diluting it elsewhere. Not everything at Disney - especially the resorts - had to be character-related or 'safely generic' in the past, why has that changed in recent years? :upsidedow

:clown: I liked you clown slide - the theming was strong with you. :darth:
I think it was Iger's idea to bring IP (character related) to the resorts. When I saw the Enchanted Rose I think it was relatively subdued. When I heard about the Poly redo I was concerned. I love the Caribbean islands (I know that the Poly is based on islands on the other side of the world but the vibe is the save) But so far from the renderings I saw of the revised Poly it doesn't look too bad.

But I am with you, I don't need to have characters in my face 24/7. There is a reason why we don't stay at the value resort. Back when they had the pressed quarter machines, I pretty much dragged my wife to every hotel on property to collect press quarters. When we hit the value resorts we vowed never to stay at any of them. They were just to over the top. We value "down time" when not in the parks.

I asked about pool hopping to SAB since slide is closed. I called guest relations they said call dvc I called dvc they said call guest relations. I explained it again and they said call 5 days prior to checkin so the front desk can answer. All was not looking too positive so I had to change to beach club. Anyone need to rent left over points. I have enough for one night studio. A shame they will expire and go to waste.

update, we got a notice the slide will be down until Jan. Just the clown is being replaced, by what no one knew. Perhaps just the same creepy thing, just cleaned up and repainted... I hate that thing but we love that slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter