Luck and Hard Work - March 2019 W.I.S.H. Goals

Happy Motivation Monday everyone. I was out again Friday... I don't remember every having a cold with as much congestion. A couple times I started to panic because it was hard to breath. It was Sunday before I felt like getting out of the house and running some errands. We had gorgeous sunny weather over the weekend, which really helped with the feeling better. My living room has a southwestern exposure with a big window across the front/south and a smaller one on the side/west, so I get lots and lots of sun, which makes me very, very happy. I put a couple little pots of spring flowers out on the front deck, and its so nice to have some living color out there.

I'm way off my goals for the month, having lain on the sofa for the better part of last week. Yesterday I really worked on getting my water consumption back up, and while I won't be able to get my goal step average for the complete month, I will focus on hitting goal the rest of the month.

My motivation for this week is to get stuff done... this is a short week for me as I go to my Sister's Thursday/Friday, so I need to buckle down and get as caught up as possible here at work. My other motivation is that the nice weather is supposed to continue for a couple more days, even getting up to the low 70s, which is absolutely perfect, and with the time change our sunset is now around 7:15pm, so there's enough time to enjoy the loveliness after work.

Last edited:
I fell off the band wagon last week. I am back on today. I didn't drink my water nor was I tracking my food. We ate out a lot as well and I drank a lot of pop. DD being sick, me not getting sleep and then feeling good through us all off. DH and I put a good dinner list together and some easier crock pot meals for days that might get busy. I will drink my 20 oz of water today and also go back to tracking my food.

I go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon to hopefully get my stomach issues figured out and then I can start to feel better.

Yesterday I took DD to see Gone with the Wind at the theatre. It is a 4 hour movie and I was not sure how she would like it. I was shocked. She really liked it. It is a movie I remember watching as a kid while stinging popcorn to put on the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I have a feeling this is made up in my head though. My mom said she has never seen the movie and my sister said she never watched it at our house. So I don't know. My mom also said she never saw Beauty and the Beast before I took her to see the live action one a few years ago. I had the VHS tape of it so i know I watched it at the house growing up. It was one of my favorites. So either I have a better memory then my mom and sister or some of this I made up over time.

Happy Monday, everyone!

I am finally motivated to get out and walk every day-I haven’t missed a day since last Wednesday, so I think I am back in the habit. When the sun is shining and the weather isn’t hateful it really is good for my mental health to get out in the fresh air.

Tomorrow I will finish putting my spring and Easter things out
and make sure anything with a snowman or snowflake is packed away!

My living room has a southwestern exposure with a big window across the front/south and a smaller one on the side/west, so I get lots and lots of sun, which makes me very, very happy.

I'm like that, too. - I feel like I just absorb energy right from the sunshine!

Yesterday I took DD to see Gone with the Wind at the theatre. It is a 4 hour movie and I was not sure how she would like it. I was shocked. She really liked it.

What a fun outing together! I think it's neat that they're showing old movies in the theater again.

Happy Monday, everyone!

I am finally motivated to get out and walk every day-I haven’t missed a day since last Wednesday, so I think I am back in the habit. When the sun is shining and the weather isn’t hateful it really is good for my mental health to get out in the fresh air.

Tomorrow I will finish putting my spring and Easter things out and make sure anything with a snowman or snowflake is packed away!

Congrats on getting back int he walking habit! I need to switch over my stuff from St. Pat's Day to Easter as well. - Hmmm, maybe this weekend.

Motivation Monday
I seem to have hit a bit of a plateau. I've been working out and getting my steps in. And I'm eating right most of the time...but I've also been having more cheats than I probably should. So my motivation is really that we are in the second half of the month and I want to reach my weight loss goal. So I'm going to try to stay focused and on track with my eating this week.

I need to switch over my stuff from St. Pat's Day to Easter as well. - Hmmm, maybe this weekend.
I also need to get my Easter stuff out, hopefully this weekend. :)

And my St. Patty's Day luck fell through. My windows did not arrive on Friday as planned. Still hoping they come this week because the installer is coming next Monday!

So my motivation is really that we are in the second half of the month and I want to reach my weight loss goal. So I'm going to try to stay focused and on track with my eating this week.

That's the ticket - "Start where you are!"

And my St. Patty's Day luck fell through. My windows did not arrive on Friday as planned. Still hoping they come this week because the installer is coming next Monday!

Sorry about the windows - hope they get there soon!

Topic Tuesday:
Did the holiday affect your healthy goals over the weekend, and if so, how do you feel about that?

Topic Tuesday:
Did the holiday affect your healthy goals over the weekend, and if so, how do you feel about that?
I don't think it was necessarily the holiday, but just the weekend that affected my goals. My work goal was to do report cards this weekend and I think that along with just busy family life caused some stress eating this weekend. Honestly, I was a little bummed when I stepped on the scale yesterday. But I didn't let it keep me down. I just got right back at it starting with a good morning workout and eating better.

What a fun outing together! I think it's neat that they're showing old movies in the theater again.

I love seeing the old movies at the theatre. I am glad they are doing this too. My mom and I took the kids to see the Dark Crystal a few months ago. That one didn't go over so good. Neither kid liked it. I also found out that so many people haven't heard of the movie before.

Logically, I know this is good for them. Even though I made it extra-easy by making sure outfits are planned, meals are planned and ingredients are already in the fridge ready to go... it's good for them to practice mommy-free time... all of them... especially H... but I worry all the same.

Its tough stepping out of our mum comfort zone isn't it?! But I hope the trip goes well - and I am sure they will be better for their independent time :-)

don't remember every having a cold with as much congestion. A couple times I started to panic because it was hard to breath.

I hate that feeling! Hope you are doing better today:-)

Yesterday I took DD to see Gone with the Wind at the theatre. It is a 4 hour movie and I was not sure how she would like it. I was shocked. She really liked it. It is a movie I remember watching as a kid while stinging popcorn to put on the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I have a feeling this is made up in my head though. My mom said she has never seen the movie and my sister said she never watched it at our house. So I don't know. My mom also said she never saw Beauty and the Beast before I took her to see the live action one a few years ago. I had the VHS tape of it so i know I watched it at the house growing up. It was one of my favorites. So either I have a better memory then my mom and sister or some of this I made up over time.

That is my favourite movie - DD15 has watched it with me at home - she couldn't believe there was a movie that long :rotfl: She quite liked it also - but we are sharing a love of all things Southern ;) Our dream is to come back to the USA at some point and do a lot of travelling around together - particularly all through the South. It would be great on the big screen.

I fell off the band wagon last week.

You are not alone - my soft drink has also creeped up in the last week and food has been very hit and miss with a bit more takeout also. I was back on track with dinner tonight though and shopped this afternoon - so should be good for another week now that I am organised again. I know that part of my not doing well really was emotional eating - there has been something going on at work that has been bugging me and I really knew the other day that I was stress eating :oops: But now that I have acknowledged that I need to turn it around again.

No - I don't really celebrate it either - so all good there. Like others though goals were affected by other things and just me!

You are not alone - my soft drink has also creeped up in the last week and food has been very hit and miss with a bit more takeout also. I was back on track with dinner tonight though and shopped this afternoon - so should be good for another week now that I am organised again. I know that part of my not doing well really was emotional eating - there has been something going on at work that has been bugging me and I really knew the other day that I was stress eating :oops: But now that I have acknowledged that I need to turn it around again.

That is the worst. I do let things stress me out at work. Right now we are in a quite time so not much going on. In a few weeks it will start to get crazy and then to top if off we are moving offices as well. Not a great time for us but better for other departments. Things will work out for you. Hang in there.

That is my favourite movie - DD15 has watched it with me at home - she couldn't believe there was a movie that long :rotfl: She quite liked it also - but we are sharing a love of all things Southern ;) Our dream is to come back to the USA at some point and do a lot of travelling around together - particularly all through the South. It would be great on the big screen.

DH's and I went to different Civil War battle sites for our first vacation. This was before we were married. We didn't plan anything other then the sites we wanted to see. We both new how much money we could spend and just kept track of it. We started off at Gettysburg, then to Frederickburg, VA and also 2 other battle fields in the area. I just can't remember the names. Then we went into Richmond, VA. We would just roll into a town and find a hotel room. The last thing we did was go to a plantation. No plan for this either. We just drove until we found one. It ended up being the house the Robert E Lee grew up in. It was so cool. I am an uber planner now. I think Disney made me that way. I told DH that this was my favorite vacation and I miss the on a whim vacation. One of these years we will make more south to see more of this stuff.

I totally forgot it was St Patty's Day until I went to my usual weekend lunch place and they had added a special menu, but I didn't order from it so no, the holiday didn't affect my healthy goals at all.

I got my 8000 steps in yesterday and drank plenty of water, so I'm back on track. It got up to 76 degrees yesterday, just a month after we had all that snow. It was wonderful to have all the windows open for a while and to get winter aired out of the house.

Yesterday we had a cake here at work to celebrate my 35th year with the company. It really got me to thinking about all the things I've done over the years and gave me new perspective on how hard I am on myself, getting stuck feeling like I'm not enough or doing enough. Between the fresh perspective, beautiful sunny weather and feeling better, life is looking pretty darn good today.

I was searching for a picture of Seattle in the sunshine and found this interesting perspective. That's West Seattle in the foreground, my 'hood... I live in from the ferry dock in the lower center of the picture, kind of in the the darker green area. What a beautiful place to live!

upload_2019-3-19_7-47-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-19_7-46-17.png
    upload_2019-3-19_7-46-17.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I totally forgot it was St Patty's Day until I went to my usual weekend lunch place and they had added a special menu, but I didn't order from it so no, the holiday didn't affect my healthy goals at all.

I got my 8000 steps in yesterday and drank plenty of water, so I'm back on track. It got up to 76 degrees yesterday, just a month after we had all that snow. It was wonderful to have all the windows open for a while and to get winter aired out of the house.

Yesterday we had a cake here at work to celebrate my 35th year with the company. It really got me to thinking about all the things I've done over the years and gave me new perspective on how hard I am on myself, getting stuck feeling like I'm not enough or doing enough. Between the fresh perspective, beautiful sunny weather and feeling better, life is looking pretty darn good today.

I was searching for a picture of Seattle in the sunshine and found this interesting perspective. That's West Seattle in the foreground, my 'hood... I live in from the ferry dock in the lower center of the picture, kind of the the darker green area. What a beautiful place to live!

View attachment 389263

Congratulations on your 35 years with the same company! I bet you have seen a lot of changes over the years. And I think you’re right, we’re always much harder on ourselves than we would be to a friend or co worker. And yes, you live in a beautiful place! And I envy you that 76 degrees even though we’re 40 something and sunny today!

That is the worst. I do let things stress me out at work. Right now we are in a quite time so not much going on. In a few weeks it will start to get crazy and then to top if off we are moving offices as well. Not a great time for us but better for other departments. Things will work out for you. Hang in there.

DH's and I went to different Civil War battle sites for our first vacation. This was before we were married. We didn't plan anything other then the sites we wanted to see. We both new how much money we could spend and just kept track of it. We started off at Gettysburg, then to Frederickburg, VA and also 2 other battle fields in the area. I just can't remember the names. Then we went into Richmond, VA. We would just roll into a town and find a hotel room. The last thing we did was go to a plantation. No plan for this either. We just drove until we found one. It ended up being the house the Robert E Lee grew up in. It was so cool. I am an uber planner now. I think Disney made me that way. I told DH that this was my favorite vacation and I miss the on a whim vacation. One of these years we will make more south to see more of this stuff.
Richmond has a beautiful old hotel called the Jefferson-the balcony/staircase was either modeled or used in that romantic scene in GWTW! They have an amazing brunch over the holidays.

Topic Tuesday:
We don’t really celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, but I roast a corned beef brisket and sauté cabbage and carrots in some spices-I weighed out 4oz for dinner and my husband had leftovers. I like it, but too many WW points to eat too often. We are such geezers that we split a Lite beer!
Starting to think about Easter dinner now...

Congratulations! This reminded me I am this way too - High expectations on myself and then beat myself up when I don't meet them. In the past week though when reviewing a few things from last year that I thought weren't great - I actually realised it was better than I thought and this really helped me during a not so good week.

That sounds awesome! I came a long time ago in my early 20s and went to Memphis and New Orleans - saw a couple of plantations near NO - one had put the green GWTW curtains in a den, loved the French Quarter and the Garden district- still so much to see and experience though :-)

I was searching for a picture of Seattle in the sunshine and found this interesting perspective. That's West Seattle in the foreground, my 'hood... I live in from the ferry dock in the lower center of the picture, kind of in the the darker green area. What a beautiful place to live!

How lovely! I have been watching some of the 'house hunting' shows 'island hunters' I think and they have shown some of the islands off Seattle - which looked absolutely gorgeous - which just made me want to visit them and your area as well - so many places so little $$ :confused3

Yesterday was a not bad day. I did eat some peanut putter M&M's left over from Sunday and had some Tagalong GS cookies in the evening. We also had beef stew for dinner. I push DH to go the rec and work out as well.

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. They think my stomach issues is just acid reflux. I am now taking Prilosec to help. I also have to watch what i am eating, stop eating 2 hours before bed, sleep on my left side and with a wedge pillow (this will be the hardest part). I sleep on my stomach and almost completely flat. My pillow is very flat. I feel like I am suffocating if I have a fluffy pillow like you are supposed to.

They did take blood yesterday and I go for an ultrasound next week. They are just ruling things out. The ultrasound is to check my gallbladder and stomach.

How lovely! I have been watching some of the 'house hunting' shows 'island hunters' I think and they have shown some of the islands off Seattle - which looked absolutely gorgeous - which just made me want to visit them and your area as well - so many places so little $$ :confused3
I'm a 'house hunting' show junkie, and I'm always fascinated when they do them in this area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter