Louisiana DVCers!!!

We drive too. We usually leave Monroe around 3:00 in the morning and get to Orlando around 6pm. My dh doesn't mind driving and our kids travel well. We're planning to split the drive coming back in June and spending a day on the beach at Penscola.

From Northeast La. here -- in Monroe.

We have been DVC members since 2003 and go at least twice a year, sometimes as much as five times. We have always flown, usually SW out of Jackson MS.

We own at VWL, BWV, BCV and AKV.

Hey VLee! We live in Monroe too.

We have always driven to DW. We usually leave around 3:30am and
arrive by early afternoon. This works out well with the kids who usually sleep
most of the way. Besides, how can you fly with all the stuff we need for our
2nd home!:rotfl2:

How can you fly? Very easy. Remember you have a DVC property and if you are in a one bedroom minimum you have a washer and dryer so you do not need to bring a bunch of clothes, also, you have the garden grocer and that store on the boardwalk that will put groceries in your room. What do you bring with you? :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

HEY SHAUN!!!! I remember how the other teachers at that "other" school used to make fun of you and your wife's "addiction". Now that we are in the club.. we totally understand!!

Looking forward to hooking up next season!!!

DVC RULZ!!!!

What's up, brother?!?!?!?!

Hah, another one joins the dark side :-)darth: )!!!! It's kind of like certain foods, don't knock it till ya' try it!

:cheer2: DVC! DVC! DVC! DVC!

Hi there! Baton Rouge here. OKW members and love it! My sister and I go about 4 times a year. Getting ready to go this weekend, April 12.

So besides Mardi Gras being somewhat of a prime time for us, when does everyone prefer to travel (besides the obvious "whenever we can")?

Our faves after MG are Thanksgiving and the week after school lets out (late May/Early June).

How can you fly? Very easy. Remember you have a DVC property and if you are in a one bedroom minimum you have a washer and dryer so you do not need to bring a bunch of clothes, also, you have the garden grocer and that store on the boardwalk that will put groceries in your room. What do you bring with you? :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Luggage, Abita Amber, Shrimp, Crab meat, Zapps, Don Q rum, mixers,
more Abita Amber, snacks/beverages for the ride down, andouille sausage,
trout, DVD player/movies, and more Abita Amber...:worship:

Oh I guess I should tell you my brother and SI live in Clairmont and we bring care packages with us. (we usually stay with them for the Fridays & Saturdays
to save on points):laughing:

So besides Mardi Gras being somewhat of a prime time for us, when does everyone prefer to travel (besides the obvious "whenever we can")?

Our faves after MG are Thanksgiving and the week after school lets out (late May/Early June).

We too hit Mardi Gras and end of School year into first of June.

I try to stay away from the busier times of year now. (too many
rude, pushy, impatient people when parks are at capacity IMHO)

Bump.

Any LA DVCers at WDW for June, DW and I are thinking about doing a Welcome Home Wednesday on June 4. We have PPP tix for that night so may be unable.

We will be at WDW June 20-June 28.

I am leaving this Thursday ,April 17, for a long weekend. We usually go during the summer when the kids are out of school. Also, we like to go to the Food & Wine festival. I currently have a trip planned for that on Oct 30-Nov 2.

We did our first Welcome Home Wednesday's last year. The kids had a blast with the triva questions being asked. DH won a floral arrangement during the prize giveaway. When it was over, everyone received DVC baseball caps.

Deb/Bill--we'll be there until June 9, so may unknowingly cross paths!!!:wizard:

Are the Welcome Home Wednesdays worth it for us IYO, we have a 4 year old (almost) and a 1 year old.

We'll be there for our first DVC trip on Wed. June 4th, but I don't know what a Welcome Home Wednesday is.

We'll be there for our first DVC trip on Wed. June 4th, but I don't know what a Welcome Home Wednesday is.

Get together designated for DVC members. Held, of course, on Wednesdays at WDW from 4-5 pm inside the Atlantic Dance Hall at BWV. Hoping they'll have crawfish...but not holding my breath!!!

We might just have to have a LA member meet at WDW in June.

HELLO EVERYONE!

Originally from St. Bernard. Relocated to Mobile, AL in 2005. Here's the kicker, we moved 10 weeks BEFORE Katrina annhilated our home town. Our families are still in Mandeville, Abita, Destrehan, Baton Rouge, and one still in Chalmette--who will be with us in June (6-13) at WDW.

We still love LA and infuse Purple and Gold all over Mobile. There are a lot of LSU fans here in Mobile, so I have hope for this city. Anyway, just wanted to check in with people who know how to live and how to eat!

Hope to see some of you in June.

Brand spanking new VWL owner as of yesterday from Madisonville!!! Long time wannabe. :)

Soooo happy to be in the club!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter