Lost DVC points

Where is this??
Check your "notifications" on the member page. If you click on "Learn more" you'll see the following statement buried in the update:

"Borrowed Points returned due to a cancellation of a Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation will not be placed in holding and will be returned to the Use Year they were borrowed from."

At least that's what it says at the time of this writing.

Check your "notifications" on the member page. If you click on "Learn more" you'll see the following statement buried in the update:

"Borrowed Points returned due to a cancellation of a Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation will not be placed in holding and will be returned to the Use Year they were borrowed from."

At least that's what it says at the time of this writing.
Thanks!! Good news..I'll believe it when I see the points moved. I've been so stressed yesterday and today.

Crazy idea that may seem unpalatable:
For whatever percentage of a use year is lost due to resorts closing due to Covid-19, Disney could add that percentage of points from each contract to a bonus use year added to the end of each contract.
It’d be like what they’re doing for AP holders with added days tacked on the end of the AP holder’s year... only in many years from now.

Crazy idea that may seem unpalatable:
For whatever percentage of a use year is lost due to resorts closing due to Covid-19, Disney could add that percentage of points from each contract to a bonus use year added to the end of each contract.
It’d be like what they’re doing for AP holders with added days tacked on the end of the AP holder’s year... only in many years from now.
That’s a nice thought, but not everyone is losing points, and I believe the ones who are losing points want compensation now, not at the end of the contract (that they might even sell before it ends).

Confirmed on online chat. Could take up to 30 days to see the points move. Back in business

And based on another thread, not all of the CMs have gotten the memo yet. Wait times aren't terrible so you can just call again to get someone else.

And based on another thread, not all of the CMs have gotten the memo yet. Wait times aren't terrible so you can just call again to get someone else.
Right. Have a question....So we had this Aulani trip for Spring Break which just was cancelled....a few months back I booked a WDW trip for December-Jan. and borrowed 2021 points. Do you think MS will allow me to move my points around (my 2020 points that should be placed back into 2020) so that I can use those leftovers for the Dec/Jan trip and then put those 2021 points back??? Thanks

Right. Have a question....So we had this Aulani trip for Spring Break which just was cancelled....a few months back I booked a WDW trip for December-Jan. and borrowed 2021 points. Do you think MS will allow me to move my points around (my 2020 points that should be placed back into 2020) so that I can use those leftovers for the Dec/Jan trip and then put those 2021 points back??? Thanks

I have no idea if they will let you unborrow the points that far back. You could always call and ask. The email doesn't specify a trip date restriction. Just be aware that it takes 7-30 days to get your points unborrowed.

"Rent out your points" may not be so easy anymore. Expect to see some brokers going under. Rental prices may drop as well.

I just think there may be more delayed payments or possibly a requirement for renters to get insurance or the rental company to have an insurance policy. People were going to the parks until the day it closed and people will be going the day it reopens. Possibly people just don't rent as far out as they have in the past?

That’s a nice thought, but not everyone is losing points, and I believe the ones who are losing points want compensation now, not at the end of the contract (that they might even sell before it ends).

As long as its out of Disney's pockets then I am fine with whatever they choose to do.

If your borrowed points are for Dec, then I say no. That far out, the resorts should be open. These changes are for trips scheduled now. Since the trip to Aulani..which is open and They are only waiving holding, then I think the points you freed up stay.

Now, you can go in and modify that reservation and put any banked points if you had them to free up current UY points.

They system is set up to always use banked and borrowed first.

Could you please tell me where you see that borrowed points will be returned to the year they were borrowed from? TIA

Temporary Updates to Our Cancellation Policy

To make the process of changing reservations as smooth as possible, Disney Vacation Club has lifted the close-in reservation cancellation restrictions and will return any of your Points back as Vacation Points or Reservation Points without placing them into holding. In the meantime, all Points banking rules remain in place. While we understand the banking policy might create some frustration, please realize that this rule is in place to ensure that the Membership as a whole avoids future inventory constraints. Borrowed Points returned due to a cancellation of a Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation will not be placed in holding and will be returned to the Use Year they were borrowed from.

I underlined the relevant text.

Edit: I'll leave this here even though you found it for the benefit of others.

But it only works for reservations till March 31.

I have a reservation for may and borrowed points from next use year

That seems to be the guidelines right now. However, if they extend the closure, I would venture to guess it will extend soon,

That seems to be the guidelines right now. However, if they extend the closure, I would venture to guess it will extend soon,

Yes i talked to a CM today and she said we should wait and see if the park is open. When its closed we can get our points back to the next use year

facebook twitter