Losing weight for the mouse in 2015

My username on MyFitnessPal is theworldneedscolor; feel free to add me!

I have had it for ages, but never really used it. I'm going to try to use it daily now, but we'll see how long that lasts :scratchin If anything, I think I'll use it to keep track of exercise and weight. I remember that I found tracking food challenging because it didn't have a lot of things in the database.

My username on MyFitnessPal is theworldneedscolor; feel free to add me!

I have had it for ages, but never really used it. I'm going to try to use it daily now, but we'll see how long that lasts :scratchin If anything, I think I'll use it to keep track of exercise and weight. I remember that I found tracking food challenging because it didn't have a lot of things in the database.

Not sure when you 1st signed up for it but I have been ble to find all my foods. Maybe they added more since then.

I will join in here too. I would like to lose 40-50 more by our trip Sept 12-19th. I started in late October and before Christmas had lost 18 pounds, then when I got back on some meds in late December (which make me feel starving the 10 days I am on them each month) and was on vacation from work the last two weeks of December I gained back 8 of them. As of this morning I am back down 4 so I guess that means my net so far is 14 pounds lost.

I am very overweight and will still be almost 60 lbs overweight if I lose another 50 pounds (64 total). I try to keep small goals so right now hitting 20 total is my goal when I hit that I will bump it to 40 total.

I track on myfitnesspal (but over Christmas break I did not) and I bike 5 out of 7 days on a recumbent for 10 miles or about an hour which my heart rate monitor says I burn around 500 calories. I also have an UP24, but until spring comes there won't be a lot of steps because I am stuck inside.

I am really good and staying under calories (set it to lose 1.5 a day), but not so good at the choices that get me there, so I am sure that somehow plays into the equation.

I also have PCOS which makes it hard and frustrating to try to lose weight, but I know I need to so I am trying.

Looking forward to supporting each other and reaching life goals!

Some of us on this post are using Myfitnesspal. It's a real easy way to keep track of things

Look for me: disney_me.

I'm new to this board but I was hoping there would be a thread like this! I just weighed myself and I am floored at how bad it is. I have terrible back pain and my knees hurt now. I have to stand all day at work so it's becoming a major issue.

I just booked a surprise trip to Disney for myself and dd - and possibly my dh will come for August. I HATE the heat but it was too good a deal. So on top of wanting to be able to walk for miles without my back being a problem, I also need to wear shorts and (UGH) a bathing suit.

So, I have two goals.

1. Lose 20 by April when I turn 40. DH is planning a short trip for me and I definitely want to feel better about myself.

2. Lose a total of 40 by August when I take DD to Disney.

Is there a way to post a weight loss tracker here? Good luck all!

I will join in here too. I would like to lose 40-50 more by our trip Sept 12-19th. I started in late October and before Christmas had lost 18 pounds, then when I got back on some meds in late December (which make me feel starving the 10 days I am on them each month) and was on vacation from work the last two weeks of December I gained back 8 of them. As of this morning I am back down 4 so I guess that means my net so far is 14 pounds lost.

I am very overweight and will still be almost 60 lbs overweight if I lose another 50 pounds (64 total). I try to keep small goals so right now hitting 20 total is my goal when I hit that I will bump it to 40 total.

I track on myfitnesspal (but over Christmas break I did not) and I bike 5 out of 7 days on a recumbent for 10 miles or about an hour which my heart rate monitor says I burn around 500 calories. I also have an UP24, but until spring comes there won't be a lot of steps because I am stuck inside.

I am really good and staying under calories (set it to lose 1.5 a day), but not so good at the choices that get me there, so I am sure that somehow plays into the equation.

I also have PCOS which makes it hard and frustrating to try to lose weight, but I know I need to so I am trying.

Looking forward to supporting each other and reaching life goals!

OMG I have slight PCOS as well and it makes it SO much harder! Have you ever tried a food elimination plan? I did and it was AMAZING. I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks but better than that I felt so good. I didn't have that foggy feeling and my energy was off the charts. I had a huge set back and got off of it but I am starting again - today! I just can't eat certain types of food (you know, the tasty stuff). I also have a thyroid issue so that plays into it as well.

Great thread! Keep up the good work! I'll join in. My starting weight was 187.

I need to lose about 50 pounds to reach my government appointed healthy weight of 135 (I spent many adult years below 135 so I think it's doable). I was in pretty good shape two years ago when life kinda put us into a bit of a tailspin (a long and complicated story). During this time job changes moved us a couple of times and we never established good habits...in fact quite the opposite. We ate out too often, comforted ourselves with milkshakes (mine always involved chocolate) and just didn't focus on our health. I gained 35 pounds. So thankfully life improved. We moved to our current city four months ago and bought a house (we are here hopefully forever and settling in). We have wonderful jobs and life is good...

Except I wake up and think about how fat I am. I look in the mirror and feel disappointed every day. I felt so embarrassed to see family over the holidays. I know they love us, but some of them must also be thinking "wow they have gained weight". Chairs feel just a bit smaller, most of my cloths don't fit, and I'm tired all the time. I'm sick of it. Some would say genetics don't help me since everyone on my mothers side of my family is very heavy, but none of them exercise or have healthy lifestyles. High blood pressure and diabetes is common. I'm convinced I can change this for me.

While having some diagnostics (ok - a mammogram) I found a great gym affiliated with the local hospital. I wish it were newer like the one I had been going to two years ago, but it's a large facility (the kind big enough for pools, basketball courts, and an indoor running track), and it seems to be maintained well enough.

We started Sunday and after two trips to the gym (Sun, Tues, Thurs is our plan) and being motivated to eat better, I've dropped 3 pounds of what was no doubt water weight (hey it's still motivating).

So I know all about the "pits of despair" and everyday failures. I've had my share of false starts. Let's not give up...all that leads to is even more weight gain and continued pain (physical and emotional). Can't wait to share more success!

Edit 1: Oh almost forgot!... I've set a goal of losing 25 pounds by a planned Disney trip at the end of April. We have friends coming from Germany who last saw us 2 years ago...I don't want to be embarrassed.

Edit 2: And the full 50 pounds by our "Christmas" 2015 Disney trip.

How often are you guys weighin in?

I like to weigh in once a week, on Friday mornings right when I wake up. I usually eat better during the week than on the weekends, so that's why I chose Friday :lmao: But I do it once a week because I like to check it regularly, but I also know that if you do it daily it can fluctuate a lot.

I like to weigh in once a week, on Friday mornings right when I wake up. I usually eat better during the week than on the weekends, so that's why I chose Friday :lmao: But I do it once a week because I like to check it regularly, but I also know that if you do it daily it can fluctuate a lot.

I am also going to weigh in once a week but on Mondays. I'm hoping knowing I'm weighing on Monday will help control me on the weekends. :). Hope everyone is doing well so far this week!!

OMG I have slight PCOS as well and it makes it SO much harder! Have you ever tried a food elimination plan? I did and it was AMAZING. I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks but better than that I felt so good. I didn't have that foggy feeling and my energy was off the charts. I had a huge set back and got off of it but I am starting again - today! I just can't eat certain types of food (you know, the tasty stuff). I also have a thyroid issue so that plays into it as well.

I actually had my GYN tell me that he knew it was so hard and felt impossible, but I have to lose weight to lower my risk of uterine cancer...he is right many times it feels impossible. I just hate that I gave up soda, sweets, count every calorie and exercise daily and it just seems to not change anything :(

There have been times I have worked so hard at it for months with 2 or 3 pounds to show and I fall right back off the wagon because I start thinking all this work for nothing when I was eating whatever I wasn't losing or gaining...

I have not tried food elimination, what is it?

I have not tried food elimination, what is it?

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-1254...diet-that-could-change-your-life-forever.html

You may not like this because it also means no sweets..etc

I am doing a LCHF aka KETO diet and I found that it really gets rid of carb cravings and sugar crashes. It really works for me, so far 5 lbs has just melted off with little excerise (walking on treadmill for 20-30 mins) and without feeling hungry, in fact i have to force myself to eat today

50 LBS BY OCTOBER 31ST!

The DH made me a deal that for ever lb that I loose - with the final weight in the night before we leave, I will get $5.00 in extra spending money.

MOTIVATOR!!!!

that is a motivator, I wish my DH would do something like that. He thinks I don't need to lose weight. PFFT. and that my goal weight is "too skinny" mind you I was that weight just before we became pregnant with our daughter. lol

Me, too! My baby is 10 months old and I still have 22 lbs of baby weight to lose, sigh. I'm leaving in 17 days so I just want to lose 5-7 lbs before then (I'll gain it back when I'm there!)

Then I want the rest gone by summer! I'm on My Fitness Pal, too, and my food diary is public. Mbowk99.

Good luck, everyone!
Adding you
My food diary is also public. Username is CGarcia4268

Yep just add it to your signature. I use the one from my fitness pal make sure to use the BB code and paste into your siggy

Cool....I like the Model My Diet site too! I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to post pictures or I'd share mine.

Cool....I like the Model My Diet site too! I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to post pictures or I'd share mine.
I just did a screen capture. PRTSCRN button, then open up paint and CTRL+V (paste it) then I just cropped it down and saved it.

I uploaded mine to Imgur and just then used the URL to post it on the Dis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter