Losing weight for the mouse in 2015

I know what you mean. We have a Gym at our work and it's pretty nice with machines and equpment and it's free for exployees and their spoues, and I could definately work out on my lunch hour but i'm just not comfortable with my co-workers seeing me all sweaty. Previously I lost several pounds (10-15) earlier this year by coming in early and doing a few miles each day on the treadmill and then shower up in our locker rooms, but waking up early eventually got to me and I found myself wanting to sleep in and no wake up early. Then that went out the window. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and work out when other people are in the gym :scared1:

I know what you mean! I feel this way whenever I work out in a new place. But it does get easier after a while! You feel more comfortable after working out for a while. The funny thing is, it's like a night out, people are so obsessed with what they look like that they are not worried about what you look like! :)

has everyone started their diets/ lifestyle changes?
I myself have celiac disease, and i'm TRYING to limit my intake of carbs since Gluten Free flours and breads have more calories than their wheat containing countparts. I have been trying to eat more natural and let me tell you that's more expensive on the pocketbook. It sucks that fruits veggies and meats cost so much more than boxed meals.
I'm only weighing in once a month.
let me know what you are doing

I am using My Fitness Pal and I do have I am digging it!! :cool1::thumbsup2 Glad to see some of the DIS'er are also using this app. Anyone else wanting to sign up look for me.

I'm disney_me.

I haven't been on this board for awhile, and I am in shock that the thread "losing weight for the mouse" isn't on page 1!!! :lmao:

So who will be trying to lose weight for the mouse in 2015?

I can't be alone. Our trip is in August and I would like to be 30 pounds lighter. Planning on starting T25, walking and counting calories.

Anyone else?

Count me in! I am currently 200lbs...looking to lose 40 by early June. I am doing couch to 5k...cutting out desert, eating out, eating late

I went to my first WW meeting last week (Monday). I admit I haven't been good this week. I am a teacher and we are still out of school so it is hard to get into the routine. I did make an effort to eat better and I will start tracking tomorrow, so maybe I will be down a little! I know if I stay off the snack counter at school I will lose a quick 10 lbs!

I am also trying to give up diet Dr Pepper. I am going slowly. Even though iut is more expensive, I am going to start by buying 2 20oz each day. DH said, why don't you just buy the 6 packs at Safeway. Uh! That's the point, if they are around, I will drink them! I was up to 5/6 cans a day and often a Large from a resturant. :sick: I got a major headache my first day, but have been good since. I don't think I could go cold turkey physically. So, my plan is to stick to the 2 20oz a day for a bit and then go cold turkey over a weekend where we don't have much planned.

I went to my first WW meeting last week (Monday). I admit I haven't been good this week. I am a teacher and we are still out of school so it is hard to get into the routine. I did make an effort to eat better and I will start tracking tomorrow, so maybe I will be down a little! I know if I stay off the snack counter at school I will lose a quick 10 lbs!

I am also trying to give up diet Dr Pepper. I am going slowly. Even though iut is more expensive, I am going to start by buying 2 20oz each day. DH said, why don't you just buy the 6 packs at Safeway. Uh! That's the point, if they are around, I will drink them! I was up to 5/6 cans a day and often a Large from a resturant. :sick: I got a major headache my first day, but have been good since. I don't think I could go cold turkey physically. So, my plan is to stick to the 2 20oz a day for a bit and then go cold turkey over a weekend where we don't have much planned.

Soda is hard for me to give up as well. I do love me some Dr. Pepper as well. I can not give up my caffeine. I like iced tea too. I cut back the sugar I've been putting in. Don't go cold turkey. Just have one less each day maybe? Since I've been using the myfitnesspal app. It's really been making me think about what I'm eating and drinking.

I'm happy to report that I'm down about 1/2 a size. I believe it's just mostly water weight, but my smallest pair of pants (size 10) are now loose. Every inch and pound is a victory :)

I am using My Fitness Pal and I do have I am digging it!! :cool1::thumbsup2 Glad to see some of the DIS'er are also using this app. Anyone else wanting to sign up look for me.

I'm disney_me.

Sent you a request my Username on my fitnesspal is CGarcia4268

has everyone started their diets/ lifestyle changes?
I myself have celiac disease, and i'm TRYING to limit my intake of carbs since Gluten Free flours and breads have more calories than their wheat containing countparts. I have been trying to eat more natural and let me tell you that's more expensive on the pocketbook. It sucks that fruits veggies and meats cost so much more than boxed meals.
I'm only weighing in once a month.
let me know what you are doing

Hey there! I am also Celiac and I know what you mean! GF things are SO much more money! And like you said they have more calories. I've compared a few things and I was shocked at how many more calories in some things.

So how is everyone doing??

I'm not doing the best. I've been a bit stressed and so I have been having some bits of chocolate here and there. Dark chocolate at least, but still chocolate. It's also hard because I have to wait until I do the big grocery shopping on Thursday. Until then it is whatever is in the house. My Ninja blender motor broke too so no more PB banana ice cream until the replacement arrives. Hoping that it shows up soon! That ice cream (frozen bananas blended with about 1 tbsp of PB) is what gets me through my sweet cravings.

I have been doing the LCHF/Keto diet, and honestly all my carb cravings are gone. I was the kind of person who would have rice chex cereal with a tsp of sugar every night before bed and wake up and eat another breakfast cereal, eating sweets all the time

and so far 3 days in and I dont crave sugar anymore

So how is everyone doing??

I'm not doing the best. I've been a bit stressed and so I have been having some bits of chocolate here and there. Dark chocolate at least, but still chocolate. It's also hard because I have to wait until I do the big grocery shopping on Thursday. Until then it is whatever is in the house. My Ninja blender motor broke too so no more PB banana ice cream until the replacement arrives. Hoping that it shows up soon! That ice cream (frozen bananas blended with about 1 tbsp of PB) is what gets me through my sweet cravings.

I'm sad to report that I haven't been doing to well either :( I'm kind of in the same situation as you, stuck with what's in the house currently. Which is lots of bread, cheese, etc. And of course, leftover Christmas candy! The bane of my existence :rotfl2: But next week I'll be back at school and I think it will be easier to stick to my plan.

just sharing some inspiration for the day
517d1617c4212e5926e8848282607c5d.jpg

cantrush.png

I'm definately in. My family and I are going to Disneyworld the last week in May. This is our first trip and I need to lose abt 35lbs. Fingers Crossed.

BTW myfitnesspal is a great tool to use. It helps you keep track of calories and exercise.:yay:

50 LBS BY OCTOBER 31ST!

The DH made me a deal that for ever lb that I loose - with the final weight in the night before we leave, I will get $5.00 in extra spending money.

MOTIVATOR!!!!

50 LBS BY OCTOBER 31ST!

The DH made me a deal that for ever lb that I loose - with the final weight in the night before we leave, I will get $5.00 in extra spending money.

MOTIVATOR!!!!

Oh man. That's a great motivator for sure!!! I think I might have to challenge my husband and see which of us can lose more. If he wins he can get his tattoo he's been wanting and if I win I can get extra Disney money, lol!!!

-----

Thanks for sharing the awesome motivation pictures!!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter