Losing my patience... should I just move on?

johnnyblz20

Mouseketeer
Been waiting it out for quite a while now and starting to really lose my patience on being able to purchase Florida resident annual passes that are more than just the weekday ones. As a family we talked and are thinking of doing Universal passes instead. Anybody have any insight or opinions on the rare possibility Disney will actually give a crap about the customer and not their bottom line for once in the last few years and open up passes soon?

Been waiting it out for quite a while now and starting to really lose my patience on being able to purchase Florida resident annual passes that are more than just the weekday ones. As a family we talked and are thinking of doing Universal passes instead. Anybody have any insight or opinions on the rare possibility Disney will actually give a crap about the customer and not their bottom line for once in the last few years and open up passes soon?
I agree - get some UOR APs and enjoy, especially if your kids are all old enough and enjoy thrill rides enough to get the most from Universal. My personal opinion (emphasis on the opinion, I have no knowledge) is that Disney won't start selling APs at WDW again until the California lawsuit proceeds far enough for them to know what legal precedents it will set. (That lawsuit was filed by someone who bought one of the Disneyland APs with certain blockout dates and was then prevented from booking park passes for other dates [that were not blocked out] because DL was "at capacity," but Disney was still selling regular tickets for those dates, and in fact she purchased and used a ticket for one of those dates in order to visit DLR. https://insidethemagic.net/2022/05/magic-key-lawsuit-disneyland-moves-forward-rwb1/)

I agree - get some UOR APs and enjoy, especially if your kids are all old enough and enjoy thrill rides enough to get the most from Universal. My personal opinion (emphasis on the opinion, I have no knowledge) is that Disney won't start selling APs at WDW again until the California lawsuit proceeds far enough for them to know what legal precedents it will set. (That lawsuit was filed by someone who bought one of the Disneyland APs with certain blockout dates and was then prevented from booking park passes for other dates [that were not blocked out] because DL was "at capacity," but Disney was still selling regular tickets for those dates, and in fact she purchased and used a ticket for one of those dates in order to visit DLR. https://insidethemagic.net/2022/05/magic-key-lawsuit-disneyland-moves-forward-rwb1/)

That is going to be years most likely. My guess is once enough don’t renew they will open up and sell that many more again, again only a guess. Or they will just ripen up sales for a few weeks in the fall and close it again.

Anybody have any insight or opinions on the rare possibility Disney will actually give a crap about the customer and not their bottom line for once in the last few years and open up passes soon?
Disney DOES care about their customers, and doesn't want wall-to-wall crowds with 3 hour waits for all rides. That's why Disney stopped season pass sales, which helps weekend crowds, and also put in the reservation system which helps control the crowds.

Universal isn't a destination like Disney is. They aren't being slammed like Disney post-covid. Once Disney feels like they aren't being slammed anymore, they'll loosen the restrictions. Probably not until spring 2023 at the earliest.

Universal only cares about the dollar. Not the customers. They have 2 parks which can be done in 1 day, a lot less entertainment - yet ticket prices are the same as Disney. Their fast passes cost 10-20x what Disney's do. Universal is just Disney-lite at the same prices. If you like that, you do you.

Disney DOES care about their customers, and doesn't want wall-to-wall crowds with 3 hour waits for all rides. That's why Disney stopped season pass sales, which helps weekend crowds, and also put in the reservation system which helps control the crowds.

Universal isn't a destination like Disney is. They aren't being slammed like Disney post-covid. Once Disney feels like they aren't being slammed anymore, they'll loosen the restrictions. Probably not until spring 2023 at the earliest.

Universal only cares about the dollar. Not the customers. They have 2 parks which can be done in 1 day, a lot less entertainment - yet ticket prices are the same as Disney. Their fast passes cost 10-20x what Disney's do. Universal is just Disney-lite at the same prices. If you like that, you do you.
I’m guessing you’ve not been to Universal lately

because you describe Universal from 20 years ago. Not today

I’m guessing you’ve not been to Universal lately

because you describe Universal from 20 years ago. Not today
You're right. I haven't. Planning on going for the first time in 10+ years this December to see how it is now.

It has been assumed that after the 50th when Disney's "assumed" celebration is over, Annual Passes will probably loosen up.

We are literally flying in 2 months for Horror Nights, last night we saw tons of people fly in for Horror Night as well. Is Disney more of a destination? Yes. But people go to Orlando just for Universal now. Maybe not from over seas like Disney, but at least in the United States. When Nintendo Land drops that will be more true. It looks like Universal is going to make an entire park in the same time lines it takes Disney to product a single ride (Tron)

Also Disney wont loosen anything, corporations NEVER give benefits back. Ever. Restrictions will increase. Disney might let you pay to ignore them though.......

Former Disney AP holders from out of state - we are new Universal Passholdlers with two trips planned! We were tired and frustrated by the new "charge more for less" mantra. We just had a great week in June with Seaworld parks and Discovery Cove - and now will be spending some time at Universal. We're not directly comparing the "new" with Disney - but enjoying new experiences. It feels good to move on.

people go to Orlando just for Universal now. Maybe not from over seas like Disney, but at least in the United States. When Nintendo Land drops that will be more true.
We haven't been since they made the Harry Potter lands. I'd like to see it as it sounds cool, but neither of my kids are into Harry Potter. I was waiting for the past 5 years to see if either one would get into it, but they still haven't.

My daughter doesn't like anything at Universal.... yet. She's a huge Nintendo fan, and would love to go when Nintendo land drops. My son likes Spiderman, Minions and Dinosaurs. So that's a 1/2 day, that's it.

I'm sure Universal will become a destination for non-Harry Potter fans once Universal Epic opens, but that will be years from now.

No insight here. We bought the Pixie Dust passes, because they were cheaper than daily park tickets for a trip we have planned that includes 5 weekdays. I'm hoping if higher tier passes go on sale they'll let us upgrade, or that we'll be able to upgrade at renewal time, but if not, the Pixie was still worth it for us.

I like Universal and enjoy going there occasionally, but I'm past my thrill ride years and the grandkids we go with are still very young, so Disney is a better fit for us.

But people go to Orlando just for Universal now. Maybe not from over seas like Disney, but at least in the United States. When Nintendo Land drops that will be more true. It looks like Universal is going to make an entire park in the same time lines it takes Disney to product a single ride (Tron)

Also Disney wont loosen anything, corporations NEVER give benefits back. Ever. Restrictions will increase. Disney might let you pay to ignore them though.......
I really think when nintendo land drops it will be bigger than Harry Potter.

I'm sad the annual pass isn't back as well, since we are taking three trips to Florida within a year due to extra flight credit, etc. As a result we decided to do Disney for just one trip, and planning to do Universal for the other one or two, even though we are staying at a Disney resort. Possible we may get the Universal annual pass and use that for the third trip or do Sea World/Legoland/Busch Gardens instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!