LOSE BEFORE YOU CRUISE - Support Thread for all Cruisers

Ok - so I could use some help and encouragement. I am new to this website and, obviously, this thread.

I need to lose between 35-40 pounds. I did it 3 years ago, and then put it all back on within a few months. Part of my problem is as soon as I set a goal, I do everything in my power to sabotage it. What's up with that??? I'm afraid to set any kind of date I would like to do this, because I will just make sure it doesn't happen.

I think I'll try WW - it is a program that I can live with for life and it's very balanced. Of course in the past I have started losing, so I immediately go crazy and make sure I gain it all back.

Anyone have any suggestions out there? Does anyone else have this problem?

Perhaps I need a psychiatrist???

I lost 18 lbs through nutritional cleansing - a very healthy and easy way to lose weight. I saw the results almost immediately so it was easy to stay motivated. Best part is that I have kept the weight off for over 4 months. PM if you want more information.

Hiya guys and gals. Well my final payment for our B2B cruises is due one year from today. Lets see if I can get my current Pooh-sized body to a Tigger size body by then.

Yesterday I started participation in a study by Vanderbilt University Research Hospital on a new diet. There premise is that the American Heart Association diet is too restrictive and that people cannot stay on it for a long time. So they have re-introduced fats to the diet. It is actually pretty high in fat. It is 3 meals and 3 snacks each day.

I have been poked, prodded and scan to determined exactly what my body composition is, How elastic are my artieries, how many calories my body burns at resting, etc. I will be given supplements starting next week. I am very hopeful on this diet. Past participants have lost healthy amounts of weight and reported that it was easy to follow. We have to use real food, no diet, no low-fat. Only diet is drinks.

Today's menu

B'fast - 2 slices of bacon, one slice of whole wheat toast, 1 tsp of margarine, 1 cup of milk

snack 1 - atkins snack bar and 12oz of 0 calorie drink

Lunch - turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with mayo, lettuce and tomato (YES MAYO) and a salad with 2 TBS of ranch dressing, 1 oz of pistachios - 12oz of 0 calorie drink

snack 2 - 1 oz of almonds and 12oz of 0 calorie drink

dinner - 3oz fish baked with 1 tsp of veggie oil, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 cup green beans, 1/3 cup baked beans. - 12 oz 0 calorie drink.

snack 3 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

Wish me luck.

Good luck Robin! Sounds like everyone else is motivated as well. Should we pick a day of the week to all weigh-in and report?

Happy New Year everyone!!! Weighed in yesterday and down another 4 making a total of 11lbs in 5 weeks!! Not bad over Christmas and New Years!! (lots and lots od parties this year!!!) Now with that over I would like to pick up the pace a little!! How is everyone else doing???

I will be weighing on Mondays due to the program, so I will be a little behind you guys, but it will all even out in the end. (or hopefully disappear off my end)

As for keeping a list of everyones achievement, it is usually the person with the first post who keeps it up. they will usually just edit that post each week with the new weight losses.

If that person doesn't want to do it. We can start a new thread with the person who does want to keep track of it and I will cause it to stick at the top.

My suggestion is to put down the date we started and how much we have lost. Do you guys have any suggestions.

My start date is 1/4/2010 - weight lost so far ??

I started WW on 12/16 and have lost 10 lbs! I've also been excersing daily since 12/25 (I received Wii Fit Plus for Christmas). I am cruising Feb 2011 so I have some time to lose the weight. I weigh in next Wednesday so hopefully I'll be down another pound or so.

Oops - I'm the one that suggested Friday weigh in and then didn't post...

Started 1/4/10 - lost 2.25 lbs as of 1/8/10. How about everyone else?? :cool1:

Ok, I saw this thread and I am "On Board". I think this is a WONDERful idea. A way to get support and see what is working and not working for everyone. What more of a MAGICal way to get support. I have my DREAM weight, but for now, I will just hop on the scale and keep you posted. I will follow the American ADA diet and let's see where it gets me. Very similar to lmhall's approach. So let me get started... :grouphug:

While I am "pre-programmed" to focus on the pounds, I have set my goal as a size in clothing.

My first goal is to buy normal clothes. I want to buy something in the misses section instead of the women's section. I am petite in height and it is hard to find anything that fits right even in plus sizes. I want to be able to buy normal clothes.

So glad I found this thread!! We havn't yet decided our cruise date (1st cruise). It will be sometime Mar - May 2011. I know it is far away, but I need to make a change now. I've been told it takes 6 weeks to break a habit and 6 more weeks for a new one to stick. Today I am starting to write down everything I eat. I am also starting that 30 day shred video. I am going to start drinking more water and cut out sodas to one a day ( this will be the hardest part). I really need to find some new healthy reciped for dinner. We live in Texas and LOVE my texmex (not all that healthy though). Again, glad I found you guys! Good luck everyone!

Welcome My3sonstx. Glad to have you here

I am going to start drinking more water and cut out sodas to one a day ( this will be the hardest part).

You are sooooooo right. I truely believe that 75% of my weight problem is attributed to soda. I use to drink diet drinks, but the found out the Nutri-sweet was giving me digestive issues. So I switched back to regular sodas. That was 60 pounds to go. Today is day 11 without sodas. It is getting better.

Try the Lipton flavored teas that you brew up. They are little pyramid shaped tea bags. I am drinking the Green Tea flavored with Manderin Oranges. It is actually pretty good. It gives me the flavor and caffeine I am craving, but no calories. It is also not as bitter as unsweet regular tea.

For you yankees ;) when a southern says tea, we mean iced tea. Not that horrid hot beverage you put in a coffee cup. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter