LOSE BEFORE YOU CRUISE - Support Thread for all Cruisers

I started Jenny Craig 4 weeks ago this Monday. I've been losing 2 lb per week. I love the food and I'm never hungry. I also like the fact that I don't have to plan meals and portion size. I was really skeptical because I've never paid for a weight loss program before and I'm an emotional eater. My counselor is great and keeps me motivated! And I joined with a friend so we keep each other in check. I have also started doing the Wii Fit plus and I think that's the key to any weight loss program -combining diet and exercise. I would like to be 40 lb less when I cruise at the end of May. :goodvibes

Thanks for the information sinnika, Jenny Craig looks great & sounds like it might be for me! The counselor keeping you motivated is what I need :-)

MY DW & I wanted to loose weight for our cruise back in Nov. We started back in last week of March '09. We set our mind to do this for us! We joined a local gym then got a trainer to get us on the right path. After 7 months I lost 65 lbs going from 248 to 183, while the wife went from 278 to 203 loosing 75Lbs. This was done buy eating right, not startving but reducing the calorie intake to 1300-1500, and hiting hte gym 6 days a week.

We have never felt better, even though I gain 10lbs back after our 12 day trip. I have lost all the weight gain and put muscle on. DW gained only 5lbs she has lost that and another 10lbs.

Set your goal and stick to eat, don't play with diets. Reduce your junk intake and eat helathy. I am a very picky eater and still found ways to do this.

Lots of grilled chickem wheat breads, apple sauce, steak, these are some of the things we ate. Never felt like I was starving or anything! Lots of good snacks as well.

I had my 4 week measurements with Jenny Craig. In addition to losing 8.6 lb, I lost 16 1/2 inches!!!! I'm doing 30 to 40 min on the Wii Fit plus every day! I'm feeling great too! At this rate, I'll reach my goal by our May cruise!:banana::yay::woohoo:

Okay, we have talked about it and think we will actually move you to the Cruise Meets Board. While you are not a traditional meet, you do exhibit alot of the traffic like a meets thread.

We feel that staying here at the Cruise Boards will also help you attract the membership which is most looking to Lose before (and maybe not gain on) thier Cruise.

Good Luck Everyone. I too will be stopping by once the Holidays are over. I know better than to start now, I am only setting myself up for failure.

:)

i keep telling myself to get to the gym twice a day. but i cant seem to go more than once a day. im on the magic christmas cruise. i have been on four cruises and i have never been to the gym on a cruise. this time im defintely going.on this cruise i dont want to gain more than a few pounds. i usually gain about 10 pounds on a cruise.

so i made it through a series of holiday events without cheating too much. at one party i had 4 tortilla chips with dip and at dinner i had 4 french fries. hopefully i can keep this up for life!

Well, I was doing well until I got the kids report cards today!! LOL!! Needed a little comfort food!! Well tomorrow is a another day!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Neat idea! I'm gonna be on the february 4th Wonder cruise and would love to lose a few pounds. Plus my mom and I just ordered a bowflex so we can't wait to get that and start working out (maybe get my dad involved too!)
Cmon people! We have to look good for our cruises!!!! Don't pig out over Christmas and all that wait until the cruise!! Tons of good food and you will still look good when you get on the ship and get off (tons of walking!) :mickeyjum

Had a great weigh in yesterday!! Down 7lbs!!! helps to keep you going when the scale moves down!! Today I'm making Christmas cookies!! Will keep reminding myself to leave them on the plate!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

The holidays have been tough! My DH's office gets so many Christmas treats sent to them which he brings some of it home and DD 14 has decided to learn to bake this year. She's already baked cookies 4 times this month alone! My weakness is sweets! :eek: Still I've managed to lose 1/2 lb this week (better than the other direction!). I'm going to have to increase my time on the Wii Fit plus to offset those cookies and pecan pie! Love that thing, esp the boxing, kung fu, and skateboarding! :cool1:

Haven't checked in lately. I'm still doing well on WW. In 3 weeks I've lost over 11 lbs and reached my 5% goal!!! yay!!

Great job pixiedust!
Sorry that I have been missing lately but I am still eating the south beach way and managed to get through xmas without any cheats! My husband is so supportive and that has been a great help to me.

I'm down about 6 pounds since I started and am hoping to keep losing at a steady pace.

OceanGirl-I am on your cruise! What are your starting stats and goal?

good luck to everyone and let's do this!!!:thumbsup2

I'm joining the group! We are cruising Feb 2011 and I have several pounds to lose. I joined WW about 2 weeks ago and am down 5.6 lbs. I got Wii Fit for Christmas so I've added that to my daily routine. Hopefully the combination of WW, Wii Fit, my treadmill and the determintation to lose weight will lead me in the right direction!!! I'm ready to change my lifestyle for the better!:cheer2:

I also lost weight using Isagenix - 18 lbs in about a month and a half. That was last summer and I have kept it off - willing to share more info about this nutritionally sound program if anyone is interested.

I know that sounds like a lot but I have 9 months! Yippee! I am doing Wii Active and the new Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 Wii game. Hopefully I will start walking too.

I need to start working on diet. Thinking about weight watchers. As a busy mom of 3, currently homeschooling and working part-time, I do NOT have time for complicated eating plans.

Any suggestions?

Blessings,
Micky

Ok - so I could use some help and encouragement. I am new to this website and, obviously, this thread.

I need to lose between 35-40 pounds. I did it 3 years ago, and then put it all back on within a few months. Part of my problem is as soon as I set a goal, I do everything in my power to sabotage it. What's up with that??? I'm afraid to set any kind of date I would like to do this, because I will just make sure it doesn't happen.

I think I'll try WW - it is a program that I can live with for life and it's very balanced. Of course in the past I have started losing, so I immediately go crazy and make sure I gain it all back.

Anyone have any suggestions out there? Does anyone else have this problem?

Perhaps I need a psychiatrist???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter