Logistics of park hopping.

Yep, no one really knows they are there, but they usually are open and work quite well. That is unless you are like me and always get stuck behind THAT group that has ticket issues of one sort or another. But it diesbt really matter which line I am in, thsts usually what happens.

This is a known trick that the authors of "Unofficial Guide to Disneyland" have in their guidebook, but not a lot of people seem to remember it. The gates are #13 and #20; the gates next to them are partially blocked by a tree planter, so will load from the lines to 13 and 20.

Yes, there are two scenarios where you scan a ticket: to enter the park or to redeem a FP. You can "scan" either a physical ticket (or AP) or scan the ticket loaded into your phone on the app.

Yes, IMO the ideal scenario is to book on the app and then use your paper ticket to enter the line - this is fastest, uses less phone battery, etc. Most people seem to keep theirs in lanyards for easy access.
This. 100%. I am DEFINITELY bringing a lanyard next trip :)

I’m SMH
I can’t believe we need our paper tickets for anything after we get in.
I will be a basket case with people pulling them out. I’ll be afraid they will lose them.

No one will want lanyards. I won’t have anywhere where I can photocopy them to make copies. We don’t all have phones.

I honestly had not thought this through. Thank you for the info!!!!!!!

I’m SMH
I will be a basket case with people pulling them out. I’ll be afraid they will lose them.

No one will want lanyards. I won’t have anywhere where I can photocopy them to make copies. We don’t all have phones.

You wear the lanyards for anyone whose ticket you paid for. I barely trusted my husband and every morning I asked him if he was sure he could wear it without losing it. Haha

You wear the lanyards for anyone whose ticket you paid for. I barely trusted my husband and every morning I asked him if he was sure he could wear it without losing it. Haha
What if you don't even trust yourself?

I'm thinking this through...

Back in the Legacy FP days at WDW, DH handled all of them. But it was never more than 5....

Ok - let me clarify further

Let's say I get in the park and purchase MaxPass. I get passes for my group. Time comes up and we head to the ride. We have to use both our ticket and phone to enter the FP line? How would you recommend a group of 9 do this efficiently, if they are all on my phone?

Ok - let me clarify further

Let's say I get in the park and purchase MaxPass. I get passes for my group. Time comes up and we head to the ride. We have to use both our ticket and phone to enter the FP line? How would you recommend a group of 9 do this efficiently, if they are all on my phone?
You don’t use your phone AND your tickets. Just one or the other. Tickets are faster, but you can use your phone if you’d rather.

Also if you lose a ticket, they’ll issue you a new one.

I’m SMH

Use your phone camera to take a picture of each ticket, then send them via text to each phone and then you don't have to worry about who runs out of battery.

I bought "fishing lanyards" online that are just essentially coiled retractable tethers that I attached to the plastic lanyard. This way they can be hooked to belt loop for those who don't want a lanyard around their neck.

I also bought a badgeholder that has a wallet with five card slots and a zipper pocket that we can either wear around our neck or run through a belt loop. Better than a wallet that can be left setting somewhere, or loose cash in a pocket.

Use your phone camera to take a picture of each ticket, then send them via text to each phone and then you don't have to worry about who runs out of battery.

I bought "fishing lanyards" online that are just essentially coiled retractable tethers that I attached to the plastic lanyard. This way they can be hooked to belt loop for those who don't want a lanyard around their neck.

I also bought a badgeholder that has a wallet with five card slots and a zipper pocket that we can either wear around our neck or run through a belt loop. Better than a wallet that can be left setting somewhere, or loose cash in a pocket.
Care to share links of where bought your "fishing lanyards" and badgeholder? Good idea about just taking a pic!

They used to (or maybe still do during off peak?) use the GRR FP machines for WOC and then once it was all distributed they switched the machines back over to GRR. I did see the mobile cart over by LM last month, I was curious if that was permanent or if there was some reason, as there is way more space in the GRR FP area, and way more machines.
WOC FPs have been stationed on the mobile cart by Little Mermaid for more than a year. It is a permanent switch from GRR.

Do lanyards get in the way on any of the rides? Like flapping around, etc?

We could use our DCL lanyards.... hmmmmm. Some of us have them.

WOC FPs have been stationed on the mobile cart by Little Mermaid for more than a year. It is a permanent switch from GRR.

Ha. Shows how often we bother with WOC! We tried FP’s a couple of times but I’m 5’1” and have 3 kids. No one could see a thing and we gave up and left both times before it started . We started hanging out underneath Silly Symphony Swings and had the bench and whole patio to ourselves. Suuuure, everything is backwards, but it’s not like it’s words. And you can see through water. My kids don’t know it any other way.

Ha. Shows how often we bother with WOC! We tried FP’s a couple of times but I’m 5’1” and have 3 kids. No one could see a thing and we gave up and left both times before it started . We started hanging out underneath Silly Symphony Swings and had the bench and whole patio to ourselves. Suuuure, everything is backwards, but it’s not like it’s words. And you can see through water. My kids don’t know it any other way.

My friends’ kids thought DTD was WDW.

My friends’ kids thought DTD was WDW.

We have a family friend that had a conference at DLH, she took her family and told her kid, they were at DL when they were in DTD. :sad2: When he was telling me about DL I started to ask him about rides and he looked at me like I was crazy! :laughing:

We actually prefer to use our phones to scan our FP. And we're usually pulling paper FP (reminders). We find the app easy to use for scanning FP. Every FP is grouped together and you just swipe to go to the next one. Easier to swipe through nine passes on your phone than fumble with nine tickets. My opinion.

Do lanyards get in the way on any of the rides? Like flapping around, etc?

We could use our DCL lanyards.... hmmmmm. Some of us have them.

Do your DCL lanyards close or seal at the top or could tickets fall out? If they do close, some guests like to drop the lanyard down their shirt fronts for rides to make sure that the lanyards don't fall off or get torn off during the ride. Just remember to pull the lanyard back out when you exit the ride so you can scan at your next ride.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter