• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live TR ~ 9/7-9/17

I'm in too. Nice picture of the rig.

a Meghan shirt! :D I love those shirtss, I wanna make one for each day of my trip (once I figure out how long im going :rotfl: )

Meghan is an awesome name! :) They were really easy to make - much easier than the iron on shirts. I have one set that has stick family with mickey ears on. Cheesy but super cute. :) Those took forever to weed though - the tiny details of the stick figures just wouldn't come out!!

And I didn't mention... We're leaving TOMORROW!!!! Technically it's super early Friday morning, but I could it as Thursday until the sun comes up on Fri. :) Anything to make it seem closer, right?

So today is the day! Made cookies this morning (nobakes) but put too much peanut butter in them and they crumbled! So made another batch. Then DS3 decided to pour orange juice all over my camera gear (a full liter!) Got that cleaned up, and thankfully my equipment is in a Pelican so it was all safe. Added 2 more loads of laundry to my to-do list for the day.

Got the cooler packed up and potato salad made (can't go camping without potato salad!) :) I have a few loads of laundry left to do and then we're getting pizza for dinner with paper plates (so no more dishes to do!)

Getting excited to leave!

I thought my DH was nuts for following this board so closely and now I'm the one who's addicted! :goodvibes. Looking forward to following your TR and getting inspiration for our TR in 3 weeks! Safe travels!

Clemson - its a great place to be addicted to! :thumbsup welcome!

We're on the road! Kids are all settled in and pretty happy. Only one set of wireless headphones are working so we'll have to did a Walmart or something to pick up a couple more. But other than that we're on time and all is going well (knock on wood!)

Oh yea, a live fort TR! I'm in! Travel safe! Have fun! What area are you leaving from? The last time we drove to Disney it took 24 hours, but we had to stop A LOT cause my dad got sick on the way down. I don't think that's our real travel time driving straight through.

Thanks! We're almost through PA right now! 2 more sets of headphones mean all the older kids have them and all is quiet in our van! :)

Still trucking along? I was thinking you might be near my area about now. I would hitch a ride but I can't figure out how I would be back to work Monday morning.

Where are you located auntbj? My phone doesnt show me that information... We're in SC right now - at the bottom of it. We've had to stop quite a bit (for obvious reasons) and don't get as good time as we used to! ;)

Where are you located auntbj? My phone doesnt show me that information... We're in SC right now - at the bottom of it. We've had to stop quite a bit (for obvious reasons) and don't get as good time as we used to! ;)

We are off exit 119. You are probably well past us now. It usually takes us 6:30 - 7:00 hours by car. Add about another hour in the motorhome.

You do know you drove right past America's #1 Tourist Destination when you went thru SC, right? ;) (We live in Charleston) So either you're spending the night somewhere tonight or pulling into The Fort at midnight...

I hope you are camping on the road somewhere before midnight. Can't wait to hear you arrived safely. This is so fun to follow your TR!

Hey AuntBJ - Nice ears! Go Tigers!! ;)

Thanks. My loyalties are pretty evenly divided between Mickey and my Gamecocks. Some of my best friends bleed orange though. I have to admit the easiest Mondays are when both teams win on Saturday.

BTW, we love Charleston. We have camped at James Island County Park and The Oaks. Right now my nephew is in school at MUSC.

We actually decided to drive straight through. :crazy: ;) we got to savannah and everyone was doing good so we kept going. My parents are flying in tomorrow morning (staying at wilderness lodge) so we'll meet them At the pool in the am. We're watching old Seinfeld episodes on the laptop (well I'm watching - Dh is listening!) :)

Kids have all been amazing. They're all sleeping now and we're hoping for smooth transfers from the van to the RV. They're thrilled we're going to wake up at Disney tomorrow morning. :D I am too!! Plus this means we get an extra vacation day that isn't spent in the car - yay!!

Ooo we'll have to add charleston to our master camping list. We're always looking for new places to go!!

Even though we are much closer than you, we still haven't hit upon the perfect plan of when to leave home or arrive at the Fort. When we stayed at the All-stars, we would leave after work and drive straight through. When we camped, we tried leaving work a little early so it wouldn't be too late pulling in but that didn't seem to happen and it was always midnight or later.

We then switched to leaving home on Saturday morning but it seems we can't resist those stops that will "only take a minute" and before you know it our lunchtime arrival ends up being right around dark.

For our October trip, our plan is to leave after work but stop no more than 2 hours from WDW at somewhere we can just pull through and plug up the electrical. I would like to arrive at the Fort no later than 8 or 9 in the morning.

Tell your DH to drive safely as I know he must be getting tired. It sounds like you have a wonderful family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter