Live report - 3 weeks in Orlando

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Typical. My last day at work did not go as smoothly as I hoped.
Had to present to committee. Just before I was due they broke for lunch :rolleyes1
Got home at 4.30pm and had a quick tea.

Headed off to Aberdeen for our night in the Travelodge. Hotel basic but functional.
It is only required as we have a 4.00am check-in tomorrow.

Journey should have been Aberdeen - Schipol, Schipol - MCO. Some of you will remember we had some changes with Martainair's withdrawal from passenger routes.
So tomorrow is Aberdeen - Schipol KLM, Schipol - Boston Delta, Boston - MCO Delta.

The rest of the family are flying out on Saturday and Monday.
Using 3 MiFi tonight. Hopefully some free wifi at airport, otherwise I will check in when we arrive.

Night night :goodvibes

Hope you have a smooth safe journey.....looking forward to your updates :thumbsup2

Have a safe trip Reid. :goodvibes

I didn't even know you were off again now. Mind you keep hold of your specs this time. ;)

have fun Reid!!
schiphol's ok...delta's good....(better than martinair in my experience)...

and if you're getting a good rate, that's what counts!!

i'm looking forward to the live report!! :thumbsup2

Have a great trip Reid - looking forward to your live trippie

OOhhhhh - I love a live trippie :banana:

Have a safe journey and a fabulous holiday.

Katie

Aberdeen KLM to Schipol was sweet. Busy flight with lots of travellers heading to further afield.

I had forgotten how large Schipol Airport is. Took 15 minutes from landing to taxi to the gate.

Prices in the shops at Schipol very expensive so we did not buy anything.
The troops had holiday money from grannie so they were desperate to spend it :rolleyes1

Waiting to board Delta 231 to Boston. Morgan and I have scored as we have an empty seat according to the booking desk.

Haven't been to Schipol for a few years but it is a big airport. Land on one of the outer runways and it can taxi almost as long as the flight (40-45 mins from Humberside)
Great news having the spare seat, hope they don't fill it last minute:thumbsup2

Have a safe journey Reid, look for to your live report:thumbsup2

yes that is one very expensive airport...
no bargains at all...

if we're stuck there for many hours, we take the train into town for a boat tour around the canals and then a bite to eat ....much cheaper and better.... of course we spend for the train to get there, but it breaks up the trip...

although it can be a bit hair-raising as the train signs are terrible!! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter