Live from the PC Terminal 8/2/11

DVC4US

DVC Member Since 1998
Okay, I’m not at the port yet, but I wanted to go ahead and get this thread set-up so that when I do arrive at the port it is easier to post.

My plan is to post from my phone once in the terminal. If I can’t do that then I will get online later today and let everyone know what our experience is with the new opening time for the terminal.

I want to apologize up-front for any typos. I will be on my iPhone and between the fat finger errors and my phone sometimes thinking it is smarter than me, who knows what may end up in the posts.

This is a thread for anyone on the August 2nd cruise or later to post their embarkation day experience.

First the new port procedures and now TS Emily!:eek:

Stay tuned!

Best of Luck with the new port arrival times and TS Emily. I have been on two cruises that have been affected and the crew and captain will do a GREAT job of keeping you safe and sound!!

Good luck!
And thank you for taking the time from your vacation to keep us up to date.:thumbsup2

good luck! i'll be watching this thread as we cruise at the end of this month.

O.K., it's a little before 8:30am EDT on 8/2 and as the sun rises higher over PC, we are waiting with baited breath as the battle lines for the coming mob scene there are being drawn. Looking forward to the reports from the ground!

I am going to make this thread a Sticky but I ask that people don't post non essential info responses on this thread....let's refrain from just posting "subbing" or "good luck" or info not related to today's arrivals. There is another thread for the wishing of good luck. Ask questions if you have them but let's try and keep this thread for the meat of the info or will be hard to find the actual reports from the port. Thanks.

Post your well wishes and good luck on this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2770435

MJ

We arent cruising until October but it will be interesting to see how this new port arrival time works out so we have a better idea come time for our cruise. We are taking private transportation from Saratoga Springs so this may determine when we arrnage it. We did get a port arrival time of 11 am though.

We arrived at PC at 10:10 and were told that DCL will not open the terminal until 11am. We were told to go somewhere and wait until 11. We r in a gas station parking lot having our mimosas. Will post again later.

How are the attitudes? Tempers? "Temperatures?"

Lots of folks sitting around?

Nice gas station? (just kidding)

Enjoy the mimosas!:thumbsup2

We arrived at PC at 10:10 and were told that DCL will not open the terminal until 11am. We were told to go somewhere and wait until 11. We r in a gas station parking lot having our mimosas. Will post again later.

Thanks for the report!

Did they say anything about scheduled boarding times?

So they didn't make any mention of your check in time you selected during online check in?

Can someone who has is using Disney transportation from the airport please report? I'm curious if this has an impact on the time first busses are leaving..

I'm curious about those taking a rental car to the port. Are the car rental shuttles only allowed to start dropping off passengers at 11:00 too? We have an 11:00 boarding on Sunday (yea!) and am wondering about the timing of returning my car.

How was your gas station parking lot? Eek...! But, I suppose the mimosas made the wait there slightly more tolerable!!!

Did you happen to note what time the port parking lot opened?

Thanks LeiLani! I will try to update on DH's droid. We are about to board the DCL bus at the Poly. It departs at 11:30.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter