• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LIVE and pre-trip report: 5 Years Married! OKW/BWI/PBH

Scrap_Vamp

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Now we finally have our flights booked I thought I would start a pre-trippie to get me through the winter!

DH and I got married at Sea Breeze Point on August 17th 2009 and were last at WDW in 2011. This trip is to celebrate out fifth wedding anniversary.

We fly Virgin LGW to MCO 11.15am on August 14th, staying at Old Key West for two weeks with free dining.

In the middle my DH has booked us two nights at The Boardwalk Inn for our anniversary 17th/18th August as we will have been staying in a one bedroom villa with my MIL.

At the end of the trip (28th to 1st September) we move to Universal for four nights in Portofino Bay, Deluxe King room.

Also travelling with us are my mum and dad, and brother, SIL, nephew and niece. Mr brother and SIL couldn't come to our wedding as my SIL was heavily pregnant with my niece. As such we will also be celebrating her birthday (a couple of weeks early!). They are staying in a two bedroom villa at OKW, then mum and dad have a room at PBH while the others are in the Despicable Me Kids' Suite (a surprise for the kids!).

Phew, that's a lot of info! Oscar (my 6 year old nephew) loves to do his research and has already explained in detail how Magic Bands work :D

Following along. I remember reading your planning and wedding report I even saved a picture of yours for hair ideas for my own wedding ;) Sounds stalkerish But I just loved your wedding hair x

Following... August 14th is our 4th wedding anniversary, but as we're heading to WDW on the 18th, we'll be celebrating especially while we're there! :)

Looking forward to reading about your planning. :)

Following along. I remember reading your planning and wedding report I even saved a picture of yours for hair ideas for my own wedding ;) Sounds stalkerish But I just loved your wedding hair x

Thank you! It doesn't sound stalkerish at all :) For a year afterwards pictures of my hair seemed to turn up on wedding sites, lol!

Following... August 14th is our 4th wedding anniversary, but as we're heading to WDW on the 18th, we'll be celebrating especially while we're there! :)

Looking forward to reading about your planning. :)

Congratulations! Maybe we will bump into each other :D

Now to introduce the rest of the family.

First of all this is my little brother (Mark) and his wife (Sophie):

Mark has been to Florida three times before on family trips (96, 97 and 2000) but this will be Sophie's first visit to the Sunshine State. Mark is a huge fan of the Marvel universe, and Sophie is a Harry Potter nut.

Next up is Oscar (6 now but 7 by our trip date), another Marvel fan! He also loves steam trains:

And finally Libbi (4), who was born 25 days after our wedding:

Libbi likes Doc McStuffin and Princesses, although she is also a bit of a tomboy. Her current favourite princess is Cinderella and she has a collection of the plush princess dolls from the Disney Store :lovestruc

I was at my mum and dad's again this afternoon with the kids so we watched some ride videos on YouTube. Oscar is particularly excited about Expedition Everest and BTMRR but keeps changing his mind about TOT!

Trying to get work done as I'm back on Monday but keep being distracted by research and planning :)

Sounds like a great family trip, jealous your going for your anniversary.

Following along - we're flying out on the same flight!

We married in my pre-teaching days, so we'll celebrate our anniversary early as I am always back in school by the 2nd September.

I just previewed this post and realise I have a ticker to update...:cool1:

Following along - we're flying out on the same flight!

We married in my pre-teaching days, so we'll celebrate our anniversary early as I am always back in school by the 2nd September.

I just previewed this post and realise I have a ticker to update...:cool1:

Oh how funny! You'll definitely be able to spot us all at the gate so please come and say hello :D

I met my hubby before I started teaching (we got engaged the same year) but had been doing it 3 years by the time we married!

I've also just seen from your profile that you're a fellow scrapbooker :D

Oh how funny! You'll definitely be able to spot us all at the gate so please come and say hello :D

We'll watch out for you ::yes::

I met my hubby before I started teaching (we got engaged the same year) but had been doing it 3 years by the time we married!

We chose September for our wedding so we could honeymoon at a good time in WDW (my first ever trip) but then I opted for a career change. We've done August twice though and it's been great, but it does mean I miss results day!

I've also just seen from your profile that you're a fellow scrapbooker :D

Yes, but I find so little time to do it...haven't finished our 2011 WDW trip and haven't started 2013 :( Maybe this year? :thumbsup2

Well, not a huge amount to update but we have booked the Gatwick North Terminal Premier Inn for the night of August 13th.

The plan is to do online check in, then a few of us will travel over to the South Terminal to do bag drop.

Carl and I did twilight check in last time we flew with Virgin and it was great only having to worry about hand luggage the next day!

In the past we've taken a laptop with us but Carl now has a net book, which is much easier to carry. He will have a rucksack while I have a cabin sized case and a large handbag (to hold my iPad and Kindle!).

We've also completed a collection of little gifts for the kids. The idea is they come to us each hour and get a new surprise. We did this with my other niece and nephew when we went over to get married and it worked really well :D

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted anything since January!

We now have all our ADRs made and our days planned, including Pirates' League, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for my niece, and Cirque du Soleil.

We are also booked for a Wishes cruise on our anniversary night, just like we did on our wedding day, but this time we are looking to get private dining.

I'll update the thread with detailed plans once I'm on the PC rather than my phone.

Until then, it's only 17 days until I fly to New York with my students - hooray! Not been in the US since 2011 and need to sort out my spending money :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter