LIVE and pre-trip report: 5 Years Married! OKW/BWI/PBH

Sorry guys, still not had time to sit down at the PC!

However tomorrow at this time I will be at Heathrow with my students, checking in for our flight to New York :banana:

I'm supposed to still be asleep right now but I've woken repeatedly in the night, having dreamt about things going wrong. Wish my brain would just switch off for a bit!

Oooh, have a great time in New York! How long are you out there? What sort of stuff are you doing?

Hope you're enjoying New York! :)

I was just adding myself to the August ADR list in the thread, and noticed you're at BOG about an hour before us :)

BOG is definitely the one I'm most excited about- we're going to celebrate our anniversary there :)

We got some good news today!

I have been gluten free (by choice) since September and has been really looking forward to visiting BabyCakes at DTD. As you can imagine, I was quite disappointed when I heard that they were closing.

When I was in New York two weeks ago I managed to visit their bakery on the Lower East Side and I determined that I would just be pleased some products were still available in at least a couple of WDW locations.

Well, today I had confirmation that they would be able to create a celebration cake for our anniversary and deliver it to the Grand Floridian Marina ahead of our fireworks cruise :D. Even better is the fact that we will be able to keep leftovers in good condition as we are in a villa at OKW.

The other bit of good news is that they will also be stocking donuts in a couple of extra locations, including Animal Kingdom. This is great, having only just had my first donut in seven months!

Hope you're enjoying New York! :) I was just adding myself to the August ADR list in the thread, and noticed you're at BOG about an hour before us :) BOG is definitely the one I'm most excited about- we're going to celebrate our anniversary there :)

Ooh, how strange! You'll know us if you see us on the way out - we will be the noisy party of 9 (7 adults, 2 children!) and three of us (the kids and ... Me!) will have been to Pirates' League :D

We had our family meeting yesterday to discuss FP+ :)

We are spending one day in each of the parks as a whole family so we decided that on those days we would make our FP+ choices as whole group friendly as possible. We are hoping to get them for late morning/early afternoon where possible, with the idea that the kids can have a rest while we do some of the more thrilling rides (presuming we can get additional FP+!).

DH and I have planned to book some of our favourite rides as FP+ for our separate park days, plus we will all be doing RD. DH and I have a couple if pm EMH planned too.

As it is half term I will aim to get on the PC and update this thread with our full plans!

Right, this could be a very long post!

I will go through day by day and include what different groups are planning (if decided yet) plus ADRs and any other reservations :thumbsup2

Wednesday 13th August

All family: stay overnight at Premier Inn, Gatwick North

Thursday 14th August

All family: Fly to Orlando via Virgin (direct flights)
On arrival at OKW the plan is to unpack our Garden Grocer order and distribute between the two villas, then to head over to DTD for something to eat, and to try and stay awake.

Friday 15th August

All family: Epcot
Breakfast: 8am, Akershus Princess Breakfast
FP+: Soarin, Seas with Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk with Crush
Illuminations reserved area has been pre booked (I have a reservation number on file)

Saturday 16th August

All family: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast: 8.10am Tusker House Character Breakfast
FP+: Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safaris
Dinner: 6pm, Boma at AKL

Sunday 17th August

This is our wedding anniversary and I have no idea what anyone is doing for most of the day! I do know the following:

Carl and Jeni: Check in at Boardwalk Inn for two nights
All family: Wishes Fireworks Cruise leaving from Grand Floridian. The plan is to have some private dining provided by Grand Floridian, plus a celebration cake from BabyCakesNY (so glad they still deliver!)

Monday 18th August:

Jeni and Carl: Epcot morning, resort afternoon, DHS for pm EMH
FP+: Test Track, Livin with the Land, Captain Eo (Maelstrom as 4th FP+ if available)
J&C Dinner: 5.30pm, Kouzzina

Rest of the family: free day

Tuesday 19th August

J&C: check out of BWI; return to OKW

All family: free/shopping/resort day - plans to be decided
Lunch/Dinner: 3.10pm, Beaches and Cream, BC

Wednesday 20th August

All family: Magic Kingdom
Dinner: 4.35pm, Be Our Guest
FP+: Anna and Elsa M&G, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Enchanted Tales with Belle
Pirates League booking for me, Oscar and Libbi at 1pm.
Wishes reserved area has been pre booked (I have a reservation number on file)

Thursday 21st August

Everyone except my mum and dad: Typhoon Lagoon morning/early afternoon
All family: DTD for later afternoon
Dinner: 5.30pm, Splitsville

Friday 22nd August

All family: DHS
FP+: Toy Story Midway Mania, Great Movie Ride, Star Tours (TOT as 4th FP+ if available)
Dinner: 5pm, Fantasmic Dinner Package

Saturday 23rd August

C&J: Morning at Animal Kingdom
FP+: Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur
Rest of Family: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for Libbi at 11.55am
All family: La Nouba, Cirque du Soleil at 6pm
Lunch: 2.30pm, Raglan Road, DTD

Sunday 24th August

J&C: DHS morning and early afternoon; Magic Kingdom for pm EMH
FP+: Rock n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours
J&C Lunch: 1.45pm, 50s Prime Time Café, DHS
Rest of Family: Free day, not decided yet

Monday 25th August

All family except my mum and dad: Blizzard Beach/Winter-Summerland mini golf
Dad: Magic Behind the Steam Trains Tour, Magic Kingdom
Mum and Dad: Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian Tea Room

J&C, M&S: Adult night out inc. dinner at California Grill, 5.50pm, tequilas and cocktails at La Cava del Tequila, Epcot, finishing up at Jellyrolls, Boardwalk

Rest of family: Takeout pizza watching a movie by the poolside

Tuesday 26th August

J&C and Dee: free/shopping/resort day
Dinner: 5.35pm, Grand Floridian Café
Rest of family: Seaworld

Wednesday 27th August

All family: Magic Kingdom (not necessarily all at the same time!)
J&C FP+: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (might switch BTMRR for Seven Dwarfs)
All family except J&C Breakfast: 10.35am, Crystal Palace
All family Dinner: 5.15pm, Whispering Canyon Café

Thursday 28th August

All family: Check Out from OKW
Breakfast: 9.45am, Olivia's, OKW

All family except Dee: Check In at Universal's Portofino Bay Resort

Dee flies home with Virgin (direct flights)

Friday 29th August

TBC

Saturday 30th August

TBC
Breakfast: Gru and Minions breakfast

Sunday 31st August

TBC

Monday 1st September:

J&C: check out from PBR and fly home with Virgin (indirect via New York JDK)

Tuesday 2nd September

Everyone else flies home with Virgin (direct flights)

I am here and following along! Your plans look great - you have a fabulously long trip planned! Your FP+ look great too!

D~

Thanks guys :)

Now we just need to keep our fingers crossed that we can actually get those FP+ choices!

Our 60 days is on Sunday June 15th which means a 4.30 am wake up call (the same as my week days!) to ensure we get A&E and 7DMT.

Since I updated last we have booked Villains Unleashed for August 23rd - we are going to make a mad dash over from DTD after La Nouba!

We also got all our FP+ selections, although I had to switch Great Movie Ride for Tower of Terror as they switched the tiers at DHS.

Mum called and requested our bookings to be linked, with a request of a high floor in a building with an elevator to accommodate her ECV.

Finally I booked our airplane seats today, and we are booked together in a block of nine seats :D

My god I remember you planning your wedding. Time goes so quickly. Well it looks like a fantastic well organised trip. I have not been since fp+ was introduced they were trailing it. Is every ride fp+? I am getting a bit worried that we will need to plan our days around this. I know its not compulsory. Its great that you dont have to run to grab fp now though. Look forward to ur TR. Im following. Alysonxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter