Line at Starbucks at Rope Drop

disneyerin

DIS Veteran
How long does it take on average for a long line to develop at Starbucks on Main Street after rope drop? We're going to skip the second drop and pick up a Starbucks when we get there (8am).
Should we get there earlier? Does Starbucks open earlier?

People will be entering Main Street from approx 7.15am onwards. The line builds quick, Starbucks on Main Street in the morning is the worst time to go. If you are on the Harbour Boulevard side , better to choose an offsite coffee place. The Cove Cafe at Tropicana Hotel, IHop, Dennys are all open by 7am.

People will be entering Main Street from approx 7.15am onwards. The line builds quick, Starbucks on Main Street in the morning is the worst time to go. If you are on the Harbour Boulevard side , better to choose an offsite coffee place. The Cove Cafe at Tropicana Hotel, IHop, Dennys are all open by 7am.

Yup. I made the mistake once of trying to get a quick breakfast at CA at Fiddler, Fifer & Practical, not realizing it was Starbucks (first trip). It took FOREVER. The lin emight not even look that long, but then you realize that many individuals are getting 4 to 6 coffee drinks for their group. Right at open is a bad time to go!

I recommned grabbing something from elsewhere too and bringing it in the gates with you.

Jolly Holiday serves Joffrey's Coffee. They also have lattes, macchiatos, mochas, and espresso. We typically brew some single serve Keurigs in our room and drink it as we walk to security.

Both in Park Sbux can be packed first thing in the AM. And, all throughout the day sometimes…recently the longest line I waited in for the day was Fiddler. 😂

Recommend bringing your own first cup of the day. DTD has mobile ordering but most of the time doesn’t start until after park opening.

My fastest cup of Joe when I really need a quick fix is at Maurice’s Treats next to the castle.

Yeah, I figured it would be bad. I guess I could be there at 6:45, "rope drop" Starbucks and "power walk there" but that would just be sad. :oops:
As a coffee addict, I have done this on several occasions and STILL make it on a ride for rope drop 😅 if I need caffeine I will get it lol. But yeah you have to power walk to Starbucks, they open at 6:45. If you’re one of the first few people in there it’s worth it. If not skip.

If our party is entering from DLH, what's the best coffee/takeout breakfast option for after that Keurig cup is gone? And do any of the shops offer mobile order?

We timed this twice in October. The first day was almost exactly one hour in line to order. The line was outside the building and down the street but people were still very much social distancing. The line would have fit in the building nowadays. It then took 20 minutes to get our drinks. That was at rope drop.

We only went back one other time and tried to do it for a mind monring coffee and we still waited an hour total from getting in line to leaving with coffee.

I used to get coffee every monring at rope drop but the last few trips have been terrible with lines. For the most part I just drink it in the room now before going.

We timed this twice in October. The first day was almost exactly one hour in line to order. The line was outside the building and down the street but people were still very much social distancing. The line would have fit in the building nowadays. It then took 20 minutes to get our drinks. That was at rope drop.

We only went back one other time and tried to do it for a mind monring coffee and we still waited an hour total from getting in line to leaving with coffee.

I used to get coffee every monring at rope drop but the last few trips have been terrible with lines. For the most part I just drink it in the room now before going.
Excuse me, but is this in reference to the in-park Starbucks or The Coffee House at DLH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter