Like...They are Going with STRANGERS?!?! Sayonara Part 1- Join Us on the new thread!

What would you do with the $350??

• Upgrade our resort

• Spend it on 2 signature dinners

• Get park hoppers and 1 signature dinner

• See Cirque du Soleil

• Rent a car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa!

350 BUCKS!!! Awesome! :)

So...hmm... that has me thinkin'... :scratchin

First of all...you crack me up with your soldier references...I need to read up on the American Revolution and maybe history in general if I expect to add ANY war references! You might have to help me with that strategic move. (Did you catch that? I slipped one in. Maybe I can do this!?)

And did I catch wind of a 2011 trip?!?!?! No way!

Found money is the BEST!!!

Congratulations on your good fortune!!

Kathy

THANKS!! I so completely blown away, and have soooo many ideas of the little extras (hmmm. or maybe big extras) that I could do!

WooHoo that's great news. Always love it when money comes in from no where.

Well, to be fair, it just goes to show how NOT well I take care of bookkeeping around here. You'd think I'd have known right away they didn't close it! HA! Oh well, I'll take it, even if it comes from sloppy banking :)

Whoa!

350 BUCKS!!! Awesome! :)

So...hmm... that has me thinkin'... :scratchin

Yeah, I'll bet we're thinking the same thing!!
First of all...you crack me up with your soldier references...I need to read up on the American Revolution and maybe history in general if I expect to add ANY war references! You might have to help me with that strategic move. (Did you catch that? I slipped one in. Maybe I can do this!?)

You're catching on! See it's not so hard. All this homeschooling is paying off- glad SOMEONE is learning SOMETHING!
And did I catch wind of a 2011 trip?!?!?! No way!

I'm not sayin' a thing!

You are all so NOT going to believe this!!! Perhaps I've been too long in this battle of staying young, and REALLY, REALLY do need a dose of Disney to combat my PTSS of having another birthday in my 4th decade. I was looking back over everyone's kind comments and my own posts, and THIS is TOO funny! I guess it really never sunk in that I was only 42, because not once, but twice I said I was turning 43!! So, not only am I NOT 43, but I am REALLY 42- AGAIN! :lmao:

Anyway, where'd everyone go?? Let us hear from you!

Only 42... I wish. I'm getting ready to enter my 5th decade.Oh ya 50 here I come in 6 months. Oh lord I"m half way to 100... AHHHH

You are all so NOT going to believe this!!! Perhaps I've been too long in this battle of staying young, and REALLY, REALLY do need a dose of Disney to combat my PTSS of having another birthday in my 4th decade. I was looking back over everyone's kind comments and my own posts, and THIS is TOO funny! I guess it really never sunk in that I was only 42, because not once, but twice I said I was turning 43!! So, not only am I NOT 43, but I am REALLY 42- AGAIN! :lmao:

Anyway, where'd everyone go?? Let us hear from you!

Wow! That is hilarious! :) You get a whole extra year of your life! How cool is THAT?!?!

Only 42... I wish. I'm getting ready to enter my 5th decade.Oh ya 50 here I come in 6 months. Oh lord I"m half way to 100... AHHHH

You are just very WISE! :thumbsup2 I have 16 more years to be as wise as you!

Anyone have a few hundred I can borrow????;)

Hmm...checked both pockets. Nada. Checked under the mat in the car and I found 45 cents! I bet if I check the couch I could scrape up some more! :rotfl:

Actually, the State of MS, in their infinite wisdom, mailed my tax refund to the wrong address (should scare us all...since the address is right there on the tax return!) and it is going to be resent! So I have a little extra, too....

Hmm..... :scratchin

LeeAnn...LeeAnn...gotta any extra money lying around?!? I think I have an idea about how we could spend it! (And she doesn't even know me yet! :sad2:)

Wow! That is hilarious! :) You get a whole extra year of your life! How cool is THAT?!?!

You are just very WISE! :thumbsup2 I have 16 more years to be as wise as you!

Hmm...checked both pockets. Nada. Checked under the mat in the car and I found 45 cents! I bet if I check the couch I could scrape up some more! :rotfl:

Actually, the State of MS, in their infinite wisdom, mailed my tax refund to the wrong address (should scare us all...since the address is right there on the tax return!) and it is going to be resent! So I have a little extra, too....

Hmm..... :scratchin

LeeAnn...LeeAnn...gotta any extra money lying around?!? I think I have an idea about how we could spend it! (And she doesn't even know me yet! :sad2:)

Okay, first things first. Let's put that $.45 into the proper perspective! That my friend, is almost exactly 10% of a Dole Whip float! I'm partial to the floats, myself.

Yes, it's very cool I can be 42 again. I did some pretty fun stuff last year! Dubai, was certainly a highlight, and of course----- I MET YOU! :banana:

:woohoo: Welcome to our madness! I promise, we won't disappoint you- but, we do hope you are in for the long haul. Can you believe we are doin' this thang almost a year and a half out?!

Okay, first things first. Let's put that $.45 into the proper perspective! That my friend, is almost exactly 10% of a Dole Whip float! I'm partial to the floats, myself.

Yes, it's very cool I can be 42 again. I did some pretty fun stuff last year! Dubai, was certainly a highlight, and of course----- I MET YOU! :banana:

Would you believe I don't like Dole Whips? :eek: I know, I know! I don't like pineapple anything, really. I do like coke floats, though!

:woohoo: Welcome to our madness! I promise, we won't disappoint you- but, we do hope you are in for the long haul. Can you believe we are doin' this thang almost a year and a half out?!

It is actually only a year and 1/3 now! :)

What in the world are we going to talk about for that long?!?!

I think I have an update of sorts for this weekend...

I was wandering trip reports last night and came across Maroo's sig. I lurked on her trip report for the Wish trip, and so I started reading.

Since I've met up with people I hadn't met at DLR, and went on a ladies only trip where I only knew one person...I don't think this is all that out of the ordinary. I'd also met up with people from wedding planning message boards...meeting one for the first time at a bridal salon, to help her choose her wedding gown (and I did do just that and it was gorgeous on her). :)

Sounds like quite a bit of fun! Though I can only imagine what the internet "spiders" are thinking about the war references in your report, especially coming from a 'stan! :rotfl:

I'll be following along!

(oh, and regarding 45 cents...we've been paying for things in cash, and putting the change into a jar, and in only a couple months I have more than enough to pay the replacement fee for hubby and son's lost (on a ride) Disneyland APs (at DLR you have to pay for replacements unless you have a police report OR a super-nice CM...it wasn't stolen and we can't bank on a pixiedusting CM though). it adds up!!!)

I was wandering trip reports last night and came across Maroo's sig. I lurked on her trip report for the Wish trip, and so I started reading.

Since I've met up with people I hadn't met at DLR, and went on a ladies only trip where I only knew one person...I don't think this is all that out of the ordinary. I'd also met up with people from wedding planning message boards...meeting one for the first time at a bridal salon, to help her choose her wedding gown (and I did do just that and it was gorgeous on her). :)

Sounds like quite a bit of fun! Though I can only imagine what the internet "spiders" are thinking about the war references in your report, especially coming from a 'stan! :rotfl:

I'll be following along!

(oh, and regarding 45 cents...we've been paying for things in cash, and putting the change into a jar, and in only a couple months I have more than enough to pay the replacement fee for hubby and son's lost (on a ride) Disneyland APs (at DLR you have to pay for replacements unless you have a police report OR a super-nice CM...it wasn't stolen and we can't bank on a pixiedusting CM though). it adds up!!!)

Hi There, bumbershoot!,

Welcome to our zany madness! So glad to have you with us!

Yes, we probably aren't doing something that's super un-ordinary, but still, it seems odd that we all are willing to trust our gut feelings enough to share a room for a week, send money to and from each other to cover ressies and all that. :confused3

I'm not too worried about the "spiders" - I'm a very long way off from the problems in the "stans". Our little village is a mostly peaceful place, where folks adore the status quo. But, thanks for the reminder of being careful!

Those loose pennies, and little things we save on really add up, can't they?? For our last trip, I put all the coins I received as change at every place I went and paid cash in a box, and it was the same thing- like enough for a dinner out for all 6 of us! I did the math here too. If we don't drink ANY soft drinks for the 3 years we'll be here (using the amount we normally DO drink), we could save enough for 2 nights at a mod. resort!

Well, it will be fun to have you with us! Chime in whenever you can!

Would you believe I don't like Dole Whips? :eek: I know, I know! I don't like pineapple anything, really.

I don't like them, either! :ssst:

It is actually only a year and 1/3 now! :)

Sorry to tell you this, but I was feeling very sorry for myself that I had 5 1/2 months to wait, but now I don't feel quite so bad!! ;)

Kathy

So, most armies aren't very democratic (okay, maybe NONE are! :lmao:), but since this is all about going to WDW, we want to be- at least a little!

If you remember... Soldier #1 "found" $350 extra bucks "just lying around" waiting to be ceremoniously given to loot pile. If you need to refresh your memory, or see why I would even post this poll go: HERE

Now, I promised maroo that I wouldnt' give ANY of our secrets away yet (you'll have to wait until we get a little closer to our ressie making time), so you have to assume that none, all, or some of what's on this poll is hypothetical. But, seriously, we really do want your input. We are wavering on a lot of things right now, and your opinions could sway us. So help us out, VOTE NOW, and join the fun!

Sorry to tell you this, but I was feeling very sorry for myself that I had 5 1/2 months to wait, but now I don't feel quite so bad!! ;)

Kathy

Yes, I saw that on Saturday (or was it Friday?) that you were feeling a little down, and almost posted saying that I was glad you weren't in our shoes! :scared1: Wait, I did post!! I gave you some ideas on how to pass the time a little faster, right??

I voted for upgrade resort. (As that's exactly what I did with a few spare ££ I had.

But if there was a way you could get hoppers too, I'd say that would be the best spend, as I am I very park hoppery kind of gal.

I think Park Hoppers are a good investment. They give you lots more flexibility with your plan and come in handy when there are unexpected and uncontrollable variables that can affect the plan. :thumbsup2

Kathy

I voted for upgrade resort. (As that's exactly what I did with a few spare ££ I had.

But if there was a way you could get hoppers too, I'd say that would be the best spend, as I am I very park hoppery kind of gal.
This is one idea we had, but that could mean anything- from a value to a mod., or from a deluxe to concierge ;) We will definitley let you all know though!
I think Park Hoppers are a good investment. They give you lots more flexibility with your plan and come in handy when there are unexpected and uncontrollable variables that can affect the plan. :thumbsup2

Kathy

I've never done PH's before, while maroo certainly has, as you know. The idea is certainly growing on me, esp. now that I have the extra $$. :woohoo:

NOW... on a completely different note, please make sure you send loads of Pixie Dust over to Soldier #3 (LeeAnn)- the school board election is TOMORROW!!!!

I'm not too worried about the "spiders" - I'm a very long way off from the problems in the "stans". Our little village is a mostly peaceful place, where folks adore the status quo. But, thanks for the reminder of being careful!

Sorry...maybe it is because I am from Mississippi...but I have no idea what "spiders" are?!? Can someone tell me? Can I even ask? Should I even ask?

Kathy

:lmao:

Of course...you don't need to feel sorry for Soldier #2! I will be there just a few days before you are able to go! And it is a whole year before Leisa can go... :faint:

Now, I promised maroo that I wouldnt' give ANY of our secrets away yet (you'll have to wait until we get a little closer to our ressie making time), so you have to assume that none, all, or some of what's on this poll is hypothetical. But, seriously, we really do want your input. We are wavering on a lot of things right now, and your opinions could sway us. So help us out, VOTE NOW, and join the fun!

Hm....

I think I will leave this alone...

But please VOTE!!! Even you lurkers out there?!?!

Are you out there?? :wave2: Hello, lurkers!!!!

Hmm...I like the way you think! :thumbsup2

Kathy

I like the way you think, too! :thumbsup2

This is one idea we had, but that could mean anything- from a value to a mod., or from a deluxe to concierge ;) We will definitley let you all know though!

I like the way you think, too! :thumbsup2 (Oh, wait...you are Leisa!) ;)

I've never done PH's before, while maroo certainly has, as you know. The idea is certainly growing on me, esp. now that I have the extra $$. :woohoo:

Yes...I have used me some Park Hoppers!!! Like a bunny, I tell you! Hopped all over the World! Three parks in 8 hours! :mickeyjum

NOW... on a completely different note, please make sure you send loads of Pixie Dust over to Soldier #3 (LeeAnn)- the school board election is TOMORROW!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Go, LeeAnn, Go! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

And...was this tomorrow...as in Tuesday? :rotfl: Or was it already Tuesday where you are and the election is Wednesday? :eek: I get way to confused with the time difference!!!!! :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter