life threatening allergy to peanuts--what will WDW be like?

My daughter has anaphylactic allergies that include milk, egg, peanut & mustard. Disney is great with allergies. Do your homework, but she has eaten there safely (and she's had anaphylaxis multiple times to minute amounts.) I think the stroller is overkill. Use wipes, he may get contact hives but that doesn't = anaphylaxis. Be sure that he doesn't put his hands in his mouth. You'll be fine most likely. Just be sure to contact special diets. Have fun!

My DS also has a life-threatening nut allergy - ALL nuts. We have found WDW to be the best vacation destination for people dealing with food allergies. We've eaten at TS & QS restaurants & had no problems. The only people who tend to get annoyed are the poor folks stuck behind us in line. I'll usually tell them that we may take a while in case they'd rather pop over to another line. The only food that I break my rule for & let my son have is the popcorn, which is his absolute favorite. Contains coconut oil - which he is allergic to. He's always done ok with it - still makes me nervous but I keep his epi-pen close at hand. No bakery goods or ice cream. Just not within my comfort level. We've always had very good experiences at buffets. Chef is always very clear on what to stay away from & has offered to make him spaghetti or hamburger for breakfast if he couldn't find anything he liked. Definately contact them ahead of time & they'll flag your reservation. Every single time we check in at a restaurant they say "I see someone in your party has a food allergy." I do also wipe down the tables though. You just never know what someone before you ate.

We had our 1st disney trip post finding out our 3 year old is anaphylactic to peanuts too. When we contacted disney, they told us to just be more careful around the CMs in animal kingdom, as many of them carry nuts in their pockets to feed the animals.
We had no problem in animal kingdom, even went to the bird show, however we avoided going to the petting zoo at harambe, as I've heard sometimes the feed for the petting zoo includes nuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter