Life Begins at 50 The Dream Tour With Lots of pictures

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your report, i'm so glad you all had such a wonderful time!!! Loved the photos too, fantastic!! :thumbsup2

what a truly wonderful report, thanks so much for sharing such fabulous memories and such great pics with us.
wishing you all the best in the world :hug:

Thanks for a great report :thumbsup2 I've really enjoyed reading it all :)

Kev, I really don't know what to say. I cannot tell you how much fun I had reading your report. I think it took me the last 2 hours tonight! I especially enjoyed your "British" way of talking, LOVED that. We don't hear that here very often. Anyway, you do realize after hearing what a paradise AKL is, you HAVE to make it as your DVC home, don't you? You would love DVC, truly. I hate to see this story come to an end, I'm so glad I happened upon it tonight. Thank you so much for a fantastic read.:)

JillPie it is now our dream to make AKL our DVC home, and we will be aiming to fullfill this dream as soon as we are in a financial position to do so. We were lucky enough to look at the mock up of how the AKL suites will look, and they are truly magnificent. I just have to keep wishing hard, as I know that dreams can come true, several of ours did during our 2 weeks in paradise.

Just to update, I have been looking through the hours of video footage & I have got some great shots taken through the night vision goggles of the savannahs. If anyone would like to see this footage, I will be happy to edit it and post it on here for you.

Kev

Kev, just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading your trip reports. Your enthusiasm is truly infectious and it's lovely to hear how many magical things you experienced during your trip. I hope you are able to return to the World soon.

Laur's princess:

Hi Kev,

Thanks for posting such a wonderful trip report. It must be something about the name because by far and away my favourite trip reports are the ones by Kevin Stringer and now i can add yours to my essential reads as well! Of course that means you need to go back soon so we can have another report!

Mel
x

Quality report Kev, have read it with tears and laughter.
Great planning for your trip.
I have lost 3 stone for this trip, guess I'll put on 10Ibs with the DDP.

Thanks for a great report.

I managed to put a stone on without the dining plan, so you should easily manage a few pounds!! Thoroughly enjoyed doing it though and I think it was down to the chilli cheese chips at lunch time rather than the rich sauces & wonderful creme brulees!! Just enjoy it all & worry about getting the weight back off when you get home.

Great report! What an amazing vacation your family had!!! And many congrats on the weight loss-hopefully WDW didn't ruin that too much! :goodvibes

Thanks for posting your trip report, I love reading about other people's adventures. It helps to keep the magic alive whilst I'm waiting for the next holiday. You had a fantastic time by the sounds of it and those memories will keep you going until you return.

Brookelizabeth, seeing your picture reminded me of one of the very few disappointments we had on our holiday, not being able to ride the Segway tour, due to Ben being too young at 12. Was it as much fun as it looked? Still, I suppose we had to keep something for our next trip!!

Kev, thank you for an absolutely brilliant and immensley entertaining trip report. I am signed off work this week with a very painful back (10 days until we fly too - can you believe it?!) and this has kept me entertained for the last couple of hours and stopped me feeling sorry for myself.

You look like you had a fantastic time in the pictures and your enthusiasm with your writing is catching!

Brilliant stuff!!

Hope your back gets better soon Beep - you don't want anything to hold you back over there do you??

Kevin

This has to be the best trip report I have ever read. Even though you have been before it really felt like it was your first time. I loved Jikos and would love to stay at the new DVC villas at Animal Kingdom. I know that after staying on site I could not look back.

Your report brought tears to my eyes and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your memories.

Susan

Just got back from Rhodes for my sons wedding & had another sensational week. It was much more relaxing than America, with plenty of time just laying in the sun & snorkelling in the sea (Ben's hooked on it since DC!) I think we will definately go back here next year, then hopefully back to Florida in 2008 for Lisa's 40th birthday.

Are you going to do your sons wedding trippie. Everyone seems to love your style - me included. We are off in just over two weeks and I'm so excited and plan on writing a trippie when we get back but I've got some exceptionally good reports to live up to.

I didn't plan on doing a trippie, cos I thought no one on here would be interested in Rhodes, and basically I spent most of the holiday in a drunken stupour, or lounging by a pool, but if anyone is interested in seeing any of the pictures, I will be happy to post them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter