LGMH Question

jenlynn0808

DIS Veteran
I'm not a newbie, more like a preschooler around the boards, and I've seen a lot of discussion about Lime Green Mickey Heads. No one ever explains what the purpose/fascination is with them. Can someone please explain to me the excitement over the LGMH? I'm feeling left out...:rotfl: :laughing:

BTW- THANKS!!! :flower3:

From my understanding the whole thing started with a group of DISers who wanted to develop a way to recognize other DISers when in the parks.

They came up with the idea of using a color - whether it be your shirt, hair ribbon, etc. that might be a bit more unusual and would stand out - hence the Lime Green.

From there it kind of expanded and someone found the Mickey paint chips at the Home Depot and the "Alien Green" color is a shade of lime green.

So, we all liberate Alien/Lime Green Mickey Heads and use them in all sorts of ways to recognize other DISers in the parks:

Name Tags on Luggage/purse/backpack/stroller
Door & window decorations
Some DISers print out their DIS name on them and hand them out like business cards or calling cards when they run in to people or notice decorated doors and windows that indicate the DIS

Granted, I haven't even been down there yet, but this is just the information that I've gathered from being around here and have been liberating LGMHs like a good little DISer!:thumbsup2

I am going to have to set myself up when I go down in July. I also was quite the novice and not idea what it meant.... Thank you so much for asking the question! :cool1:

If you plan on "liberating" any LGMHs you may want to do so soon. It has been reported on a number of threads here that Home Depot will not be carrying the Mickey Mouse shaped paint chips much longer.

oh no. I guess I better get myself to a home depot really soon. I thought I still had some time before my next trip.

bump!:thumbsup2

i got some the other day at my local hd. they are still in stock!:banana:

I also put them on my fanny bags (actually I put one on my dh bag also).
My adult kids laugh at me--I tell myself they are laughing in a cute manner. When I told them about the sign we disners use they really laugh. Well one of my sons company sent him to Virginia for a job. He ran into a disner there. He asked her if she was a disner when she said yes they compared notes of me and her. He said she was very nice and I informed him that disners are nice not nuts. LOL
Also if you look at "bradisgoofy" post you will see some awesome hats. I have two of those hats--one for me and one for dh. I love them.
Have fun and enjoy!

I wouldn't say EVERYONE here does it......:rolleyes1

But I will say, last September (a popular time among DISers) - I DID see people who had decorated their resort windows at Pop Century with lime green Mickeys (and other assorted decor)...I was almost tempted, except that I think DH might disown me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter