Lets try this again....a Sept 10 PTR - UPDATED 11/18 - NEW Trip Review POSTED

your adrs look amazing:) did you take advantage of the free dinning promotion? I did yesterday i am soo thrilled for the fall promo:cool1:

Thanks! I hope they are great. I am trying to get my PTR updated so I am squeezing in the last 2 months into about a week! :rotfl: So I will be putting if I got FD in in about 4 days....so the question remains..did I? Or do I need to wait until GP offer out? Will we have to change resorts? Will we ever find out who gets to go with us? And why is planning this disney trip going to put me in the nuthouse! (Of course my job puts me halfway there anyway so its not like its a stretch!)

Well it is 4:00 AM CST and I am up as the weather is really bad. So I am watching news, and listening to the tornado siren go off. This is the second storm that has come through this area in a week. Last week it hit my dad's farm and took down fences and massive trees as well as got one of his cows. Just makes a girl nervous! So of course, I am up (tornado sirens and dogs do not go together!) and decided what better thing to do but update my PTR of course! Better than sitting up and doing nothing….besides it gets everything caught up quicker! So without further ado, we are proud to present….your PTR!

****************************************************************************************************

And what to my wondering eyes should appear.....but a miniature sleigh and 8 tiny....hold up that’s not right!

Okay so it wasn’t Santa but it was a present! A present of a PIN to be exact! We were booked at rack rack because we have no PIN and there is no fall promotion out at this time. We know we are going to we are okay with waiting to a promotion (please be FD, please be FD). But hey an email with 30% off is 30% less than what we have to pay! I am good with that! So I call and have this applied to our reservation. I also find out that both Brian and I have a PIN for FQSD! :cool1: The one downer is that it is for travel only until August 15…which won’t work for our dates. But what a magical start!

So, we now have ADRs for 3 (in case of mom gets to come. Yah! :thumbsup2). We have POP with a Pin so we aren’t paying rack rate. Still hoping for FD but we are going anyway! Now it is just a matter of waiting on a different discount (if available) and slowly counting the days….that are dragging….and taking forever to pass.….and poor Brian is having to listen to my Disney addicted self. Why is it that when you dread something, the days fly by, but when you want something, it creeps along like molasses running up hill in the winter?! :confused:

Meanwhile, I am at church talking with one of my best friends about our vacation and she is says that she wishes she could go to Disney. Her parents, her, and her little boy are planning on going to Gatlinburg and going to Dollywood. Then she tells me what it is going to cost them. :scared1: It was horrible! :sick: For just a one day there it was around $200 ea, if I remember right! Now I have never been but apparently you have to pay to park, pay to get in, and something else that I don’t remember. Plus this would just be a couple of days. Well, being the good Disney addict I am, I look at her and say “Do you realize it would be just as cheap for you to go to Disney, as Dollywood?” So I pulled out some numbers showed them to her. She gets her dad and he is ready to go. His response “Sure, when are we leaving?” Her mom, took a little bit more convincing. I told them that I would run some numbers for them and that way they would know exactly how much it would be. :yay:

So I run numbers and they couldn’t believe it. They always thought it would be more expensive then that! That has to be the response I get the most….”We would love to go, but it is so expensive!” I usually responded “A family with 3 adults and a child can go for less than $600/ea. That includes tickets, hotel, and food, for 7 days and 6 nights.” Then they look at me like I am an idiot and haven’t been before. :headache:

But I get them the numbers, they say “book it” and before you can say “Mickey!” I am on the phone with WDW Dining getting them the same dinner reservations we have! They are only going for 7 days, so their dinner restaurants are : WCC, Ohana, Chef Mickey, Hollywood & Vine (F!), Cape May Café, and Crystal Palace (lunch). We were able to get the same time or within 5 minutes of each other. :woohoo: My bestie and her family are going with us to Disney!!!!

If only we could get my mother, then the party would be complete!

I thought it would just be easier to reply in a quote! All my thoughts are in black. :goodvibes
This year is all about new……new hotel, new ADRs, new start! Last year, we loved the restaurants we visited (I didn’t know about review, and trip reports otherwise I probably would have done one!). So last year we ate at: Biergarten, 1900 Park Fare, Le Cellier, Sci-Fi Dine, Chef Mickey, Coral Reef, Ragland Road Irish Pub, Crystal Palace, Hollywood & Vine all for dinner. We also had ADRs for Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast (earlier I made the comment about how Brian was romantic and sweet….he called for days to try to get breakfast in the castle for me. :love: Yeah I got the best!). So all these restaurants are out! The only exception was Chef Mickey. That is just a wonderful way to get to see the Fab 5! Well everybody raves about Le Cellier and we adored it! It was very hard for us (okay me!) to not try to get ADRs here again.

We know that we wanted to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package as that was one we love. We liked that we didn’t have to worry about getting to the stadium early and that we had seating. However, we still don’t know about my mom and if she is going to get the nomination. The way I figured it, it would probably be easier for me to go ahead and get ADRs for 3 and then change it to 2 later on! So our list this year was narrowed down to:

Chef Mickey – our one redo

Tusker House – a friend of ours had went in Feb and loved this one and I liked the thought of eating dinner in AK then having EMHs Is this dinner? We had lunch there once and it was really tasty - it was kind of a last minute decision but we were both so glad we tried it. They have a really nice variety there. Breakfast is great too! :thumbsup2

Ohana – everybody raves about this place and we thought what the heck, why not! Oh my gosh...the best restaurant. Go hungry because you get so much food!

Mama Melrose – I am Italian and love trying different Italian food. Plus this is part of the Fantasmic Dining Plan I'm interested to hear what you think about this one. I think when ever we get back to the world I'd like to book the F! dining package but I'm kind of torn between MM and H&V (don't want to use 2 credits on HBD). You mentioned you did H&V before, right? What did you think?

Whispering Cannon Café –He picked this one and I thought sure….lets just go with it! Haven't been to this one but I want to go!

Cape May Café – He picked this one as well. We both love seafood plus SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE said that we had to try it (lol sorry couldn’t resist!) Yay!!! Oh, I hope you like it (I'm sure you will)!

Garden Grill – I love the thoughts of eating really fresh food that was grown on property. My way of thinking is that this has to taste better, right? Plus, where else do you get to see Mickey dressed like a farmer! We both grew up on a farm so I thought this would be very cute!

Boma – I always want to try new food but I am always worried that he or I one won’t like what we order. The way I figure it, we can try all different things and worse case scenario we can always eat chicken nuggets and mac & cheese! :lmao:

Askershus – I love the princesses and Brian loves to make me happy so he agreed to try Askershus. Plus I think this is the only place you can see Arial in her ball gown. And every good princess must finish her collection! :rotfl: What meal is this? We had breakfast there and it was so good - the food was amazing, service was amazing and the princesses were fabulous!

This last one he picked because we are still hoping that my mum will be able to come. Plus we figured that Disney does great shows. From what we understand Hoop Dee Doo Revue is the longest running dinner show on property and is fun! It is 2 TS credits with the dining plan but we are staying an extra day! And as he put it “but baby, it’s the longest running show at Disney! It has to be good!” Hard to argue with that logic! :rolleyes1

So restaurants are choosen and at the crack of dawn (ok before dawn) I get up to try to get these ADRs. Mind you I have no idea how to do this new online system and only know how to call in. But, calling in puts me an entire hour (thats 60 whole minutes!) behind! EEK!:eek: We can't have that. So I solider on...and totally screw it up! But I figure it out pretty quick and am able to get what I want! :woohoo: :yay: So we now have ADRs for 3. We know DSis isn't going to be able to go and if mom is able to go then we have her spot with us....if not we have to :scared: try to rebook!! (And hope that we get a really nice CM who can change it from 3 to 2 without screwing it up! :wizard:)

How exciting that your friend is coming along! It's hard to believe Dollywood is more expensive than Disney. :eek: I went there once a long time ago and my only memory was getting stuck at the top of the farris wheel with my mother, who was pulling her hair out she was so freaked out! :scared1:

I just found your PTR. Subbing!

I love the pictures that you have posted so far. You too looked so cute in the castle shots!

Love your ring too! DH gave me that ring for our 8th wedding anniversary. He gave it to me right before we left for Disney. I just love it. It's awesome, isn't it? They started to sell them on QVC now as well. I know that they are very hard to find.

I love the idea of your trip being all about firsts! I try and do that as well when I plan. We will be there in September too for 11 days for our 10th wedding anniversary.

This year is all about new……new hotel, new ADRs, new start! Last year, we loved the restaurants we visited (I didn’t know about review, and trip reports otherwise I probably would have done one!). So last year we ate at: Biergarten, 1900 Park Fare, Le Cellier, Sci-Fi Dine, Chef Mickey, Coral Reef, Ragland Road Irish Pub, Crystal Palace, Hollywood & Vine all for dinner. We also had ADRs for Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast (earlier I made the comment about how Brian was romantic and sweet….he called for days to try to get breakfast in the castle for me. :love: Yeah I got the best!). So all these restaurants are out! The only exception was Chef Mickey. That is just a wonderful way to get to see the Fab 5! Well everybody raves about Le Cellier and we adored it! It was very hard for us (okay me!) to not try to get ADRs here again.

We know that we wanted to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package as that was one we love. We liked that we didn’t have to worry about getting to the stadium early and that we had seating. However, we still don’t know about my mom and if she is going to get the nomination. The way I figured it, it would probably be easier for me to go ahead and get ADRs for 3 and then change it to 2 later on! So our list this year was narrowed down to:

Chef Mickey – our one redo Chef Mickey's is an awesome buffet! We love it there.

Tusker House – a friend of ours had went in Feb and loved this one and I liked the thought of eating dinner in AK then having EMHs We enjoy Tusker as well. We try and get 8 a.m. ADR's to see the park empty. It is so quiet there in the morning and it is just beautiful. Food is good there as well.

Ohana – everybody raves about this place and we thought what the heck, why not! We are trying it for the first time in September. I can't wait. I have read great reviews.

Mama Melrose – I am Italian and love trying different Italian food. Plus this is part of the Fantasmic Dining Plan We're also going here with the Fantasmic Dining package. We have eaten here twice before during the Backstage Magic Tour. The food was very good that they served us. We did not get to select from the menu but everything we had was great.

Whispering Cannon Café –He picked this one and I thought sure….lets just go with it!
Yay, another one that we are trying for the first time. We are staying at WL and have a ressie here before MNSSHP. Figured it would be convenient

Cape May Café – He picked this one as well. We both love seafood plus SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE said that we had to try it (lol sorry couldn’t resist!) I hear that the seafood buffet is great. We have only been here for breakfast but a friend at work raves about the dinner buffet.

Garden Grill – I love the thoughts of eating really fresh food that was grown on property. My way of thinking is that this has to taste better, right? Plus, where else do you get to see Mickey dressed like a farmer! We both grew up on a farm so I thought this would be very cute! We went to Mickey's Ice Cream Social there once. I don't know if they still have that or not. I am curious as to how the food is.

Boma – I always want to try new food but I am always worried that he or I one won’t like what we order. The way I figure it, we can try all different things and worse case scenario we can always eat chicken nuggets and mac & cheese! :lmao: Boma is AWESOME!!! DH and I had dinner there twice in 2008 and we had breakfast there in 2009. Boy, I wish the zebra domes were on the breakfast menu too. I could eat those non-stop!

Askershus – I love the princesses and Brian loves to make me happy so he agreed to try Askershus. Plus I think this is the only place you can see Arial in her ball gown. And every good princess must finish her collection! :rotfl: We had breakfast here last September. The princess interaction was really great. My fav is Belle and she looked beautiful. DH has a thing for Ariel so he wasn't complaining. :rolleyes1

This last one he picked because we are still hoping that my mum will be able to come. Plus we figured that Disney does great shows. From what we understand Hoop Dee Doo Revue is the longest running dinner show on property and is fun! It is 2 TS credits with the dining plan but we are staying an extra day! And as he put it “but baby, it’s the longest running show at Disney! It has to be good!” Hard to argue with that logic! :rolleyes1 HDDMR is a lot of fun. We have not been in years but we loved it when we went.

So restaurants are choosen and at the crack of dawn (ok before dawn) I get up to try to get these ADRs. Mind you I have no idea how to do this new online system and only know how to call in. But, calling in puts me an entire hour (thats 60 whole minutes!) behind! EEK!:eek: We can't have that. So I solider on...and totally screw it up! But I figure it out pretty quick and am able to get what I want! :woohoo: :yay: So we now have ADRs for 3. We know DSis isn't going to be able to go and if mom is able to go then we have her spot with us....if not we have to :scared: try to rebook!! (And hope that we get a really nice CM who can change it from 3 to 2 without screwing it up! :wizard:)

How exciting that your friend is coming along! It's hard to believe Dollywood is more expensive than Disney. :eek: I went there once a long time ago and my only memory was getting stuck at the top of the farris wheel with my mother, who was pulling her hair out she was so freaked out! :scared1:

Thanks for your comments...I am so hoping that it is going to be great! And I am so excited that my best friend is coming....she is more excited than I! And as she put it, she would only be able to go to the mountains for 3 or 4 days and with Disney they are going for 7 days at Disney with a total of 9 days including travel.

I just found your PTR. Subbing!

I love the pictures that you have posted so far. You too looked so cute in the castle shots!

Love your ring too! DH gave me that ring for our 8th wedding anniversary. He gave it to me right before we left for Disney. I just love it. It's awesome, isn't it? They started to sell them on QVC now as well. I know that they are very hard to find.

I love the idea of your trip being all about firsts! I try and do that as well when I plan. We will be there in September too for 11 days for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Welcome! Pull up a comfy chair and have a glass of sweet tea! I think we are cute too! But I am totally biased! I love my ring and wear it all the time. One of the girls at work said that she was going to take my ring because she loves Mickey. I told her that she would have to take it off my dead body! :rotfl: This is our second trip and we decided that since we haven't experienced a sixteenth of what Disney has to offer, we wanted to try all new! Thanks for your comments I am hoping that we do enjoy them.

They are all dinners. We like to hit the parks in the morning and go until afternoon then take a break in the hotel and then be ready for dinner and night in the parks! Keep hanging out with me and after my trip you can see how we enjoyed out trip and how our ADRs are!

Thanks for reading!

Today is the day….the big one…the whole enchilada! Everything could be changed today. This is the most important day of all time! Okay, maybe not all time but at least in the basis of this trip. Today, is the day that we find out if my mum gets the nomination for county mayor! :scared: Yah! Brian and I decided to take the day off work and drive in and surprise mom and take her to lunch. We also are going to be able to be there for the actually nomination. I feel like everything is riding on this! :scared1:

If mom gets the nomination, then there is no way she can go with us, even for a weekend. :sad1: The current person in office is never there and mom is running on the platform that she is going to be a full time mayor. So if she gets this nomination then she will be running on the party nomination and then it will come up in August for a vote and it will be too late to add her to our room. We can’t get two rooms without knowing this because they would have to be paid for two weeks prior to the vote.

On the other hand, if she doesn’t get the nomination then it is an automatic that she is going! :woohoo: A lot of disappointment but then we know that it is Gods will for her. And I finally get to take my mum back to Disney. She last went 20 years ago and got to go for one day in the Magic Kingdom. I have gone on two different trips for 10 days and my sister went on a couple day trip several years ago. She would love to go even just for one day for each park! Even my BFF told her “I am of two minds. I really hope you don’t get to go with us, but I hope you can!” :lmao:

We surprise her to take her to lunch and when we walked in where she is working doing taxes, she looked at us and said “Why are you not at work?” Doesn’t make a comment that we are there 5 minutes before lunch time, nor what the day is, just ‘why are you not at work?” Can you tell what type of people we are? :rolleyes1:confused3 Anyway, so we tell her that we are there to take her to lunch and that we are going to hang around after work. It takes her about 5 minutes before she realizes that we are going to be there for the nomination vote! :idea: When she realizes this, she was so stunned and I really thought she was going to cry.

So we go to lunch, and make it through the day. Brian and I talk back and forth all day about her going or her not going and what we could do to make it extra special or what to bring her back if she didn’t get to go. So we get to the meeting and the way they vote is very odd. Everybody on the election committee votes for someone, they count the votes, and whoever has the least amount of votes is out. Then they vote again. There are 6 nominees! We have to sit though each of the voting, and the counting, and the announcing of who has the least votes. So the first round, and the person with the lowest votes is announced. Then the second round, and the lowest vote announced. Now there is only 4 left. The third round comes, and they count and the announce. Its mom! We all look at each other in shock! It was rather sad, however this means mom is going to Disney! :dance3: It took several days for mom to be able to talk about it and then she got excited. Her thought was that at least she didn’t run all summer and loose it in August and not be able to go at all in September. So we get her maps ordered and a DVD. I had put together a book that had restaurant menus and park information. She is actually starting to get excited about going. I asked her if she wanted to change anything or if there was something that she wanted to do. Her response……”nope, it sounds good”. So basically she is going to do what I tell her to do! She thinks the restaurants sound good, she is good with how we have our park days planned, and honestly is willing to just go with the flow and do what we want.

So even though she had a big disappointment, the thoughts of going to Disney is starting to get her more excited! :woohoo: So now we have to add more celebrations! Previous celebrations are:
Brian and I – 2nd anniversity
BFF and family – First visit for all 4
BFF – birthday
BFF mom – birthday
BFF DS – Kindergarten Graduation
My DM – First visit (1 day, 20 years ago doesn’t count to me!)
My DM – Retirement

Wow, just seeing all those listed really amazes me. We are bound to have a great time together with all those celebrations. I have a feeling if we were going to 1900 Park Fare like we were last time, we would probably get the same response from Lady Tremaine that we got last time….”did you steal every pin they had at the front desk?” :rotfl:

I can already tell this is now shaping up to be a smashing good trip!!!!

Mama Melrose – I am Italian and love trying different Italian food. Plus this is part of the Fantasmic Dining Plan I'm interested to hear what you think about this one. I think when ever we get back to the world I'd like to book the F! dining package but I'm kind of torn between MM and H&V (don't want to use 2 credits on HBD). You mentioned you did H&V before, right? What did you think?

I am sorry...I missed this before. We did H&V last year and enjoyed it. It was good and we enjoyed. We had a great server and they gave us a plated dessert with strawberries that said 'celebrate today' in some sort of chocolate. We would go back and do again in a heartbeat! But we are super excited to try MM this year. MM comes with an apps, entree, and dessert so I am thinking it will be too much food but are hoping to do some of the apps for 2 so we can share. I plan on giving a review of the restaurants when we get back. So I will let you know what I thought of it!

So we are now ticking down and we are looking for flights. I would love for flights below $250 RT of course, cheaper than that would be fine! So I have Brian download the Ding! Software for Southwest. General, we are able to get cheaper flights using Southwest than any other carrier. Well they have flights for $111/trip! But of course, I keep thinking it will go down! So we come in from work one day and Brian tells me “Hey did you know that SW has a Ding! for Nashville to Jacksonville?” Well my response is that we aren’t looking for SW flights from Nashville to Jacksonville, we are looking for flights to Orlando. Said much nicer than that sounds! I think it had at least the word ‘baby’ in it! :rotfl2: Well we look and they have flights to JAX for $78/ea one way! That’s amazing! So I call up DM and say ”how would you like to go to FL to visit DSis?” We explained that we have super cheap fares and that we can go for $156 RT! She can’t believe it! So we call up DSis and get the okay! We are heading to Florida much earlier than we thought and we are only 1 ½ hrs from Disney!!! We decided that we are going to go the week of Brian’s birthday and start looking about what all we are going to do! But yah we are going to Orlando!

His favorite place to eat in Orlando is Boston Lobster Feast. Mainly because he loves seafood and when I introduced him to lobster down there, he couldn’t get enough of it! :rotfl: So his one request is that we go to eat there….well the way I see it is there is no point in going all the way to Orlando just to eat dinner. I have to get my fix!! So I talk mom into going to the outlet stores while we are there! So we are able to at least check out the sales at the Disney outlets, which will really help the budget for Sept souvenirs for everybody….if I can bring stuff back home now for everybody…..that just means I can spend more money on myself when I am in the parks! :lmao: And when I talked with mom we were discussing going to see Gaylord Palm (which is a sister resort to Opryland Hotel in Nashville – which is currently under about 9 feet of water!). This is right up the street from Downtown Disney. When I asked about going mom said ‘sure, why not!’ So I get a Disney fix with DTD, wahoo!

So we don’t have to wait until September for a break from work!! We get to go back to the beach and relax! Which I think is perfect after all the stress of our jobs! Seriously, earlier this week I begged a guy who works IT to please let me transfer to him! (He said that if he had a position, he would but he doesn’t. Yeah, its that bad!) But yah for a break!!!

Hey Leeanne! After spending a week away from the boards I'm just now getting caught up and I see there's been quite a lot of exciting news going on here! First off, I'm sorry your mom didn't get the nomination - but how great she's going to Disney with you! :goodvibes Wow - you've got a lot of celebrations going on! You're going to have so much fun, I know. Disney really does go the extra mile to make sure celebrating guests are treated extra special!

Woo hoo for getting to head down to Florida sooner than expected! :woohoo: What dates will you be there? (You might have already said that). Oh, and if you do the outlets in Orlando - definitely check out the Premium Outlets off of I-4 - they are the best! :thumbsup2

Hii! We're going in the fall, too.

We stayed at POP last December and loved it; it was really clean, and the food court was fantastic! (You have to get the cheesecake!) We did dinner there one night and got the t.v. dinner with fried chicken, and it was really, really good.

We ate at Akershus for the first time last December, too. It was great; I did a special mom/daughter meal for my momma, and we both adored it. The princesses were spot-on (best we saw all trip) and the good was really, really good.

I haven't forgotten about my PTR and I promise in the next couple of days I will be getting an update posted. In case, you hadn't heard West and Middle Tennessee has been hit extremely hard in the past two weeks with weather. April 24 brought tornado's that hit my dad's farm and I had to go out and take pictures. Beautiful trees down and a ton of fences gone, thankfully no damage to my house other than high winds, hail, and 'ruffled' landscape. Then April 30-May 2 brought floods. As in 'lets build a boat because we aren't able to leave' floods. We were without power for a time, as well as damage to roads and buildings. And the previous 'ruffled' landscape, parts of it is now floating somewhere in a river...oiy vay! I keep my PTR on my computer so what I had typed up I could post but couldn't post any more. Now its just a matter of trying to get everything back the way it was. If anybody has been to Nashville and Opry Mills mall, check out the facebook page. They will probably be closed until minimum October.
I have also lost a dear, dear man who is like a father to me. He was struggling with cancer and the family had to make the decision to give him morphine and let him go to sleep. He was only diagnosised 2 months ago, so it is very much a shock. I guess I just haven't felt like writing about my plans for the past couple of days, but I am trying to get back in the swing of things. Please be patient with me and I will get back in the swing of things.

Thanks!

Hey Leeanne! After spending a week away from the boards I'm just now getting caught up and I see there's been quite a lot of exciting news going on here! First off, I'm sorry your mom didn't get the nomination - but how great she's going to Disney with you! :goodvibes Wow - you've got a lot of celebrations going on! You're going to have so much fun, I know. Disney really does go the extra mile to make sure celebrating guests are treated extra special!

Woo hoo for getting to head down to Florida sooner than expected! :woohoo: What dates will you be there? (You might have already said that). Oh, and if you do the outlets in Orlando - definitely check out the Premium Outlets off of I-4 - they are the best! :thumbsup2

Welcome back to the World of the Dis! I have also had to take a break in posting but am trying to get back caught up. Mom took it hard but I think is getting very excited about the trip. Her response to the maps was "Wow. This place is big." When I started listing celebrations, they just kept going on and on. I couldn't believe it. They always ask when you make new reservations and the like and I had to write them down to remember them all! We will be there the first part of June and I can't wait. I think we are going to get to check out Premium Outlets. Brian and I went last year and I love some of the stores and the openess of the mall!

Hii! We're going in the fall, too.

We stayed at POP last December and loved it; it was really clean, and the food court was fantastic! (You have to get the cheesecake!) We did dinner there one night and got the t.v. dinner with fried chicken, and it was really, really good.

We ate at Akershus for the first time last December, too. It was great; I did a special mom/daughter meal for my momma, and we both adored it. The princesses were spot-on (best we saw all trip) and the good was really, really good.

I am super excited about staying at POP! My BFF dad adores cheesecake and red velvet cake so he was drooling when I told him about it! I am a bit nervous about Akershus, simply because I am not sure how well we are going to enjoy it. We have never had Norweigan food and I am worried that everybody won't enjoy it. But I am excited because, honestly, I love the princesses! It was on I wanted to try and Brian let me have this, simply because it made me happy. But now I am second guessing myself and not sure if maybe we should switch to something different! Thanks for reassuring me that you enjoyed it....that means alot!

Don't change it! (I'm confident that you'll love it.)

The food isn't that out there. The buffet had a lot of great deli meats and salads; my mom and I both found plenty to eat. The meals were great, too. I had the salmon and I think my mom ordered the chicken. Either way, both were really simple, but yummy dishes. And, the desserts were to-die-for!

It was actually my favorite meal/experience of the trip, and we had a good 6+ ADRs!

BTW, hope everything gets better for you at home! I have a friend in Memphis and he was telling me how terrible it is! :hug:

Don't change it! (I'm confident that you'll love it.)

The food isn't that out there. The buffet had a lot of great deli meats and salads; my mom and I both found plenty to eat. The meals were great, too. I had the salmon and I think my mom ordered the chicken. Either way, both were really simple, but yummy dishes. And, the desserts were to-die-for!

It was actually my favorite meal/experience of the trip, and we had a good 6+ ADRs!

Here is hoping you are right! I think I am more concerned for my mom because I want her to have a good time and enjoy her first trip!

BTW, hope everything gets better for you at home! I have a friend in Memphis and he was telling me how terrible it is! :hug:

Its a good thing we have a trip to St. Augustine planned for June 1. Many more weeks like the past 3 and you might as well commit me! Just hoping that BNA doesn't have that much damage and our flight can leave without a hitch! I need the beach!! (and a little Downtown Disney would hurt eithor!)

Well now we are just waiting…..and counting down the days……and waiting….and watching the Disboards for a promo and what does my wonderful boyfriend say….”You know what? I think we should join a gym.” What?! Where did that come from? Last year we were both in different gyms and neither gym was really close to where we lived, so we decided that when our contract expired we would find a different one. Well, life being what it is………we haven’t. Everybody knows how that is. You fully mean to do something (like get the oil changed in the car :rolleyes1) and time just slips away and before you know it, it’s a month (or two!) later.

So, of course we start looking at the gyms here in town. One is the one that I went to last time and honestly, I don’t really want to go back. Most of the people there are just average people, who want to stay healthy and just work out. A small majority of the people are the ones who lift a zillion pounds and make the rest of us look weak. (They also scare me because, I am sorry, when you can lift my weight, and laugh about it….yeah, no!) His gym is in another city. Now, I know we have good intentions but seriously, another city is not going to happen. We just don’t have the time nor really want to spend the gas money to go. So both our former gyms are out.

Well, while the great gym search is going on the fall promo’s are rumored to come out (I know, I know they have been out for a week now….come on work with me here!). And I am up at 7 AM EST….waiting….will it come out…and……it does!!!! And it is Free Dining, which is what we wanted! Now, we are staying at POP Century (we hope) and really don’t want to change because this is all something new! We will go back and try a different All-Star resort, but really want to try something different. But I also have to have 3 rooms, so I am hoping but not promising! And I call….and wait for 5 minutes….and the CM picks up. Coy fellow he is, I ask if they have a fall promo out (having already heard it on the Dis) and he asks if I saw something on the website. I told him I hadn’t but I heard it through the grapevine! He then wants to know if I am a DVisa card holder (which I am!) and tells me that it is Free Dining!!! So we start changing over the reservations. I am so close to begging because my BFF has a 7yo who is dying to stay in the Big Wheel section of POP. Earlier I had called and had all three reservations linked together so the CM could see all of them, as it is so much easier on them. So linked they are, and change we did!!! Wahoo! :cool1: We are going to Disney with Free Dining!! :woohoo: Now, let the wait begin!!!

Oh right…..the gym. After remembering how much food we are going to be eating (I think poor Brian still has visions/nightmares of our last trip!) we start narrowing it down. We end up at our local Y. Not really a whole lot of body builders there, just a bunch of average people, trying to get a workout in. They are super nice (didn’t mention when I turned red with embarrassment and had to ask how to change the seat position) and helpful (they didn’t know either, but we figured it out :hug:). So now, we are Disney bound, with Free Dining and a gym membership. Which means we can lose weight, then gain it back, then lose it again……oh well! If you are going to gain weight, Disney is the best place for it!!!

I'm so behind; did FD come out for after October 2? I need to go look!

I want to start working out again too; we can be motivation buddies!

I'm so behind; did FD come out for after October 2? I need to go look!

I want to start working out again too; we can be motivation buddies!

Sorry about being behind here, but as far as I know. FD has only come out until Oct 2.

Trust I need a motivation buddy! Actually right now, I think about 12 hrs of sleep might be what I need! lol I know I will feel better when I work out, my problem is actually having the energy to get there....hopefully thought when I get some sleep it will lighten up!

Oh Leeanne, I'm sorry you've been having some rough times. Sounds like you need a :hug: But at least you have free dining to perk you up! That's great news! :goodvibes And yay for joining the gym! I started going to a gym pretty regularly last October and I'm actually starting to enjoy it :thumbsup2 I remember getting ready for my January trip and I was dieting (well, still am) and all I could think about was all the yummy food I was going to eat at Disney! :lmao: Surprisingly I only gained 2 pounds on vacation, which I thought was pretty good for the massive amount of food I ate in the World! popcorn::

Send me a message with your email addy, if you'd like!! Do you happen to have GMail? I'll send you an email once I get yours; I'm all about work-out buddies. It makes it a lot more fun to keep up with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter